[Guide] Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on HP/Compaq 610

46 posts in this topic

Try to boot in 32-bit mode. Also try to boot with -s flag. If you can reach Terminal then you can patch X3100 binaries.

As for VoodooHDA and 1 speaker. But HP Compaq 610 really has only one speaker. I disassembled it and saw only one speaker. 100% sure.

Thanks for reply, but the situation is:

Before I have 10.6.3 on Compaq 610 fully worked with DSDT, patched GMA3100 kexts, and so on,

Now I have updated to 10.6.4, and boot to single user without problem,

but normal boot with my GMA kext, or witout it , or with -x - not work,

(after enanling packet filtering, trying to start graphics show the blue screen & mouse & then black sceen with cursor)

• 4 weeks later...

Any Russian friend here that can translate this to english?

Please help.

the links:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...78&t=212397

the contents:

HP Compaq 610 (NX550EA):

Процессор: C2D T5870 2.0GHz

Чипсет : Intel GME965

Оперативная память: 2.0 Gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM

Видеоадаптер: Intel® GMA X3100

Звуковой адаптер: ICH8M High Definition Audio Controller

Сетевой адаптер: MarvellYukon 80E8042

Беспроводный адаптер: Intel 3945ABG

Bluetooth: HP Integrated Bluetooth module (USB)

Дисплей: 15.6" WXGA HD (1366x768)

Веб-камера: 2.0 Mp

Разъемы и порты: ExpressCard/34,3 USB 2.0,VGA,RJ11,RJ45,SD/MMC,Mic

В BIOS: отключен Intel3945ABG, так как драйвера которые доступны, умеют только 802.11b без аутентификации,

SATA - Native Mode,

USB Legacy Support - Enable.

Устанавливаем сборку Snow OS X Universal v3.6 (10.6.2) на GPT как есть и обновляемся до 10.6.3

Устанавливаем Chameleon2RC4 и заменяем /boot от Chameleon2RC4-sl {by slice}

Добавляем /Extra/smbios.plist (заменить внутри SMserial и SMUUID на свои с помощью утилиты Lizard, UUID взять в свойствах винчестера)

Добавляем /Extra/com.Boot.apple.plist

Копируем в / - DSDT.aml

Удаляяем все кексты их /Extra

Удаляем из /System/Library/Extensions - PlatformUUID, Natit, EvoReboot, NullCpuPowerManagement, AppleIntelGMA950*, AppleIntelFramebuffer, AppleHDA

Заменяем AppleIntelGMAX3100, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB, FakeSMC, IOPCIFamily, IONetworkingFamily (внутри которого нужно пропатчить AppleYukon2 под свой MAC адрес)

Добавляем в /System/Library/Extensions - VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, AppleACPIBatteryManager

Все красиво, все работает в 32 bit-mode для ядра и 32/64 bit для приложений, желаю счастливой эксплуатации.

Все упомянутые ресурсы добавлены в прикрепленный архив.

Отдельное спасибо товарищу Slice за дельные советы и отзывчивость.

Прикрепленные файлы

HP.Compaq.610.zip (7,99МБ)

Количество загрузок:: 6

Сообщение отредактировал mrm: неделю назад

• 3 weeks later...
Also I patch AppleHDA because I am trying to get native sound.

Hi! BIG THANKS for your posts! I have working GMA X3100 (till 10.6.2), Yukon and my wifi is recognized with kext from 10.5.8. But I have half-height 4312 and 10.6 can't power it on! Ordered Apple Airport Extreme Card MA688Z/B BCM94321MC 802.11n on Ebay. Did you manage to make sound input working? And I have a click-noise in speaker once in an minute!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! BIG THANKS for your posts! I have working GMA X3100 (till 10.6.2), Yukon and my wifi is recognized with kext from 10.5.8. But I have half-height 4312 and 10.6 can't power it on! Ordered Apple Airport Extreme Card MA688Z/B BCM94321MC 802.11n on Ebay. Did you manage to make sound input working? And I have a click-noise in speaker once in an minute!

Well, I've got noise too but only, let's say, when audio is idle and then comes to life. If i use iTunes continuously then no cracking sound comes out. No audio input so far, but today I will try to get it done. That's why I came here to check any progress from you guys, so sorry for late response :thumbsup_anim:. As for X3100 - should work even with 10.6.4 but in 32-bit mode only, in 64-bit you will got 1024x768 resolution only.

Ну і прівєт, ага :thumbsup_anim:

managed to flash my wifi on my own notebook and overcome 104 error! but my devid was not 4312 or 4311, it was 4328

HOWTO

when booted to Ubuntu, powered off my native wifi with fakephp command:

echo 0 > /sys/bus/pci/slot/0000:10:00.0/power

then suspend your compaq 610

switch your wifi card to another one

power on your laptop

power on your wifi with

echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/slot/0000:00:02.1/power

then do everything lie written in Prasys and Damiens posts.

now, with new wifi i'll try to install snow leo again

Installed 10.6.2 from UniFlash. Installed all updates. Sound works with VoodooHDA patched to change PCM volume instead of speaker. Touchpad works with ApplePS2 from Meklort, but withproblems. VoodooPS2 kills keyboard and trackpad. Need normal PS2 trackpad driver. Can somebody help?

Edited Info.plist in ApplePS2Controller.kext/Plugins/ApplePS2Trackpad/Contents. Changer ApplePS2SynapticsTrackpad to PS2SynapticsTrackpad in IOCLASS Sting, and ApplePS2Mouse to PS2Mouse in another one... After reboot trackpad is recognized and tap works. I've set mouse speed to low, because it was to fast. But sidescroll doesn't work.

• 2 months later...

Updated with 10.6.5 Combo,

patch AppleIntelGMAX3100 kexts & IONetworkingFamily.kext

All working.

But is system.log have - "cannot get UUID error 35", how to resolve?

Thanks DamienValentine for DSDT.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

DSDT

What gives? Well, I've got battery icon without extra kexts, but I cannot read battery information so far. I fixed IOATAFamily kernel panic and IRQ conflicts between HPET and USB. So I do not delete any kext from Snow Leopard, and I have working Camera, USB, even Wireless can be turned on and off with that button above keyboard. Also I have sleep on demand and auto-sleep. My laptop sleeps when lid is closed. External monitor works in extended mode only but that's just a matter of time - I recently fixed my Acer laptop and it works in mirror mode. I just have to fix some keys in DSDT. Also System Profiler information is cute and brightness and volume can be controlled with Fn+F11, Fn+F12, Scroll and Pause buttons. So if you plan to use DSDT - delete (backup) SleepEnabler and NullCPUPowerManagement and ensure that your AppleHPET is present and loaded.

Sound

Output works, both Internal Speaker and Headphones with auto-sensing. Volume control is great with keyboard but there some minor problems when I am trying to use volume slider in top of the screen. Input is not working yet. I've got two input devices listed in Preferences but none of them work so far.

P.S. You should use Chameleon with RestartFix built-in. I will post one here.

After I installed your DSDT.aml everything come to live! Great JOB! The only thing that became worse is the monitor support. I use an external display in extended mode with resolution up to 1280x1024 (standard 17" 5:4 monitor). The monitor is working fine but the screen cut at 960px vertically (like if it's a 4:3) and the remaining lines shows some pattern effect. The mouse pointer is looking good over that area, but nothing else can bee drawn there. If I remove your dsdt.aml and replce with my old dsdt.aml it works again (but sleep, brightness, sound gone...). My dsdt has been made with DSDT_Patcher and corrected some syntax error after.

post-471852-1291378400_thumb.png

Is there any related stuff that you have changed or have any idea what is the problem?

• 5 weeks later...
Is there any related stuff that you have changed or have any idea what is the problem?

Post your DSDT please, I guess I can compare it to mine and I'm almoust sure I will find some difference in GFX section. Also, I've installed Chameleon RC5 recently and turned on "Generate P-States" & "Generate C-States" and since there is no more overheating, laptop runs very very very cold but with fan constantly blowing.

I have two DSDT for our HP Compaq 610: one from Damiene, and another one.

For me second is more stable. But in Damiene working external monitor :)

And now i'm using Chameleon RC5m-688 branch:

http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1106

NOTE: if you want to use this bootloader add to com.apple.Boot.plist GraphicsEnabler="No"

2 Damien: do you get "C & P -States generated succesfully" message ?

DSDT.aml.zip

DSDT.aml.2.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Here I am and sorry for late response. So I will cut information in multiple posts for better understanding and start with WiFi for now. First of all, sorry for my Engrish :).

WiFi

So you cannot get native WiFi to work and with custom Mini PCI-E you have 104 Error. Okey, you go on eBay and buy something like BCM94311MCG Now you should get other laptop without whitelist, place card in it and follow this guide from Prasys to rebrand your card with --subv 0×103c --subp 0×1508. Then before flashing your modified SSPROM back to card you should open your SSPROM file (named new_ssb_sprom_copy if you follow Prasys's instructions) with:

sudo nano new_ssb_sprom_copy

Search for FFFF1143 or FFFF1243 and change that with FFFF1543. So basically you just change subvendor-id and subproduct-id to match original HP's 103c:1508. But HP will look for 14e4:4315 card and you just bought 14e4:4311. But they have minor differences and we just set SSPROM as 14e4:4315 with manually editing that file with nano. Then you have to check your SSPROM with

ssb-sprom -i new_ssb_sprom_copy -P

and you will certainly got checksum error. Also you will see in Terminal what values you have in your file and what values should be there to prevent CRC error. Okey, you go back to nano and change the last two letters to what Terminal proposed one step before. Then you preview your SSPROM again with

ssb-sprom -i new_ssb_sprom_copy -P

and if there are no errors you can flash SSPROM back to WiFi card with

sudo cp new_ssb_sprom_copy $SSB_SPROM

That's all. Place WiFi to HP 610 and you got no 104 Error anymore.

Now let's talk about software. I install SnowOSX UniFlash and I use only FakeSMC.kext and some kexts for PS/2.

Graphics, Network, Sound

I do not use legacy kexts because I wrote some script to patch original kexts by Apple.

#!/bin/bash
echo ""
echo "Injecting device-id's:"
echo "* Intel GMA X3100 [8086:2a13]"
sudo perl -pi -e "s|\x86\x80\x02\x2A|\x86\x80\x12\x2A|g" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB
sudo perl -pi -e "s|\x86\x80\x02\x2A|\x86\x80\x12\x2A|g" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelGMAX3100
sudo perl -pi -e "s|028086|128086|g" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext/Info.plist
sudo perl -pi -e "s|028086|128086|g" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext/Contents/Info.plist
echo "* Marvell Yukon 88E8042 [11ab:4357]"
sudo perl -pi -e "s|436511ab|435711ab|g" /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
sudo perl -pi -e "s|88E804A|88E8042|g" /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
echo "* Broadcom BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315]"
sudo perl -pi -e "s|pci14e4,4313|pci14e4,4315|g" /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist
echo "* AppleHDA"
echo "Repairing permissions"
sudo perl -pi -e "s|\x85\x08\xEC\x10|\x4B\x28\x86\x80|g" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
echo "Done!"
echo ""

So I save this script as Compaq610.sh and after each update I just run it with sudo sh Compaq610.sh. This script fixes device and vendor id's for GMA X3100, Marvell Yukon 88E8042 and Broadcom BCM4312 (notice that it's rebranded to [14e4:4315] to overcome whitelist). Also I patch AppleHDA because I am trying to get native sound.

DSDT

What gives? Well, I've got battery icon without extra kexts, but I cannot read battery information so far. I fixed IOATAFamily kernel panic and IRQ conflicts between HPET and USB. So I do not delete any kext from Snow Leopard, and I have working Camera, USB, even Wireless can be turned on and off with that button above keyboard. Also I have sleep on demand and auto-sleep. My laptop sleeps when lid is closed. External monitor works in extended mode only but that's just a matter of time - I recently fixed my Acer laptop and it works in mirror mode. I just have to fix some keys in DSDT. Also System Profiler information is cute and brightness and volume can be controlled with Fn+F11, Fn+F12, Scroll and Pause buttons. So if you plan to use DSDT - delete (backup) SleepEnabler and NullCPUPowerManagement and ensure that your AppleHPET is present and loaded.

Sound

Output works, both Internal Speaker and Headphones with auto-sensing. Volume control is great with keyboard but there some minor problems when I am trying to use volume slider in top of the screen. Input is not working yet. I've got two input devices listed in Preferences but none of them work so far.

P.S. You should use Chameleon with RestartFix built-in. I will post one here.

i've bought bmc ...311 but how can i patch it?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Mac OS X Lion already work on HP Compaq 610 :

Attached:

1. BIOS with whitelist patched for WLAN for HP Compaq 610,

2. My latest worked DSDT for HP Compaq 610,

3. My worked SSDT tables with tables from Juanerson for work C-States

4. IO80211Famly.kext for Broadcom 43xx WiFi cards

5. AppleIntelGMAX3100* kexts(patched for my 2a12is) include AppleIntelGMAX3100FB from 10.6.8 (remove mouse jumping effect)

6. AppleACPIPlatfom from 10.6.8 needed for AppleACPIBatteryManager

7. AppleACPIBatteryManager

8. IOPlatformPluginFamily(modified)

9. FakeSMC.kext

10. SMBIOS.list (you need to find your own serial and add it to SMserial)

11. org.chameleon.Boot.plist

12. Patch script for Snow Leopard & Lion

To Moderators:

May be rename this topic to HP Compaq 610 and move or | and copy to Notebooks section ?

If anybody have suggestion for better work Mac OS X on HP Compaq 610, please post in this theme.

Thanks.

HP.Compaq.610.Lion.pack.zip