The Official Asus F3 Series Notebook Thread - Snow Leopard!, Install tutorial included

Smo3

47 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi guys!

Tomorrow I'll re-upload kexts :P and I'll try to copy my current modded BIOS :( actually I have tried to boot system even without dsdt and it worked :)

Smo3 - did you ever get a change to upload these files? I am looking of the modded BIOS (2 cores) for the F3Sv and any drivers that you have handy.

• 2 weeks later...

64bit enabled

dsdt.aml patched correctly

8600m gs 256mb detected properly

all working fine (execpt the camera and i will check on that)

i'll try to map any temp sensors if i can find some info for now i am stuck with hdd and core temps

dvi-out working

fingerprint sensor is shown in system profiler i'll try to use a 3rd party program for that

asus f3sv-a3 -with modded bios

t7800 2 -cores working in 64bit

8600m gs 256mb -dvi-vga out tested both working but no idea on s-video

3gb ram -more than enough

250gb hdd -will be changed

all usb ports tested and working

64bit enabled

dsdt.aml patched correctly

8600m gs 256mb detected properly

all working fine (execpt the camera and i will check on that)

i'll try to map any temp sensors if i can find some info for now i am stuck with hdd and core temps

dvi-out working

fingerprint sensor is shown in system profiler i'll try to use a 3rd party program for that

asus f3sv-a3 -with modded bios

t7800 2 -cores working in 64bit

8600m gs 256mb -dvi-vga out tested both working but no idea on s-video

3gb ram -more than enough

250gb hdd -will be changed

all usb ports tested and working

What tutorial did u use to get vanilla OSX working on your f3sv system. I am very confused.

Thanks

Tut126

• 3 weeks later...
go to the first page? if you pass thru the start do not collect 20000 dollars.

What is the latest version that worsk best in Asus F3SV? Has anyone used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

Hey..

I did everything as said on the tuturial.. but i think I'm having problems with the dsdt.aml.

When I reboot after install and after copying the dsdt.aml into my MacOSx volume, I get the "You need to restart your computer by pressing the power button". Anyone can get be a dsdt.aml for the F3SC? i used the one on the boot 132 iso...

thank you

PS: I also flashed my BIOS with the modified one found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0505&st=120

Hey..

I did everything as said on the tuturial.. but i think I'm having problems with the dsdt.aml.

When I reboot after install and after copying the dsdt.aml into my MacOSx volume, I get the "You need to restart your computer by pressing the power button". Anyone can get be a dsdt.aml for the F3SC? i used the one on the boot 132 iso...

thank you

PS: I also flashed my BIOS with the modified one found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0505&st=120

create a dsdt.aml... with dsdt patcher and use that rather than the one in the boot123

create a dsdt.aml... with dsdt patcher and use that rather than the one in the boot123

I've tried to create my own, but when I run dsdt patcher it fetches the original through ioreg, but when it proceeds to try and patch it it says that dsdt.dsl could not be open.

Not sure if this is happening because I am using the terminal within the installer app.

I've tried to create my own, but when I run dsdt patcher it fetches the original through ioreg, but when it proceeds to try and patch it it says that dsdt.dsl could not be open.

Not sure if this is happening because I am using the terminal withing the installer app.

dsdt.aml after being created thrue the patcher is already enough for your daily use,

if you want to recompile it there is other tools

first try it with the one created from the patcher itself, it gets from bios (in theory) and it will absolutely work better than none/wrong dsdt...

dsdt.aml after being created thrue the patcher is already enough for your daily use,

if you want to recompile it there is other tools

first try it with the one created from the patcher itself, it gets from bios (in theory) and it will absolutely work better than none/wrong dsdt...

hm... the only new file on the DSDT Patcher dir is one called dsdt.dat. can I rename that one and use it? not sure where I'm going wrong...

PS- a bit of a noob here... thank you for your patience...;)

• 1 month later...

Anybody gotten the GMAX3100 with the Asus F3E to work with QE/CI?

Got it running with osx10.6.6 in safe graphics mode. ;(

It refuses to boot with arch=i386, the dreaded waiting for boot device error.

Cobrakhan007

Found a work around running GMAX3100 in 64 bit mode.

As far as i know GMAX3100 is now 32 bit only from 10.6.3 and up.

But got it to work with the vanilla kext's from 10.6.2 under 64 bit.

Replaced all 10.6.6 AppleIntelGMA* kext's with the ones from 10.6.2.

Replaced the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one from 10.6.2

In /SystemLibrary/Frameworks replaced the OpenAL/OpenCL/OpenGL framworks whit the ones from 10.6.2

Used Osx86Tools to enable Quartz GL.

Also used switchResX to get the right res setting for my laptop lcd. had the white screen with black bar problem.

Rebooted and it worked for me.

hope this helps a bit.

• 3 months later...

Hello!!

Great job there smo3, and other that have been working on Leopard.

I will install the "snow" in the Asus F3Sc :(

Well, i'm wondering if the link for the kext's can be renewed.

Thank you in advance,

:thumbsup_anim:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I successfully installed iAtkos S3 V2 on my Asus F3SV AK143C (Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, NVIDIA 8600M GS, Atheros L1 Ethernet, Intel 4965 ABGN) then I updated to OS X 10.6.8 succesfully too!

Here are the options I selected from custom panel before install:

- AsereBLN

- Graphics Enabler

- -pci1

- Voodoo HDA

- UNSELECT Apple HDA

- Voodoo PS2

- Battery

- Card Reader

- Attansic L1

This way you have keyboard, mouse, graphics and ethernet working properly and you'll be able to make the 10.6.8 update (do not install SleepEnabler or AppleHDA before update or it will cause kernel panic).

!! No drivers available for Intel Wifi 4965AGN !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tried installing iAtkos S3 v2 to my F3jc Notebook with Core 2 Duo T5600 and Geforce Go 7300, but no matter what I use for dsdt, I am getting the same kernel panic error with "should have 2 cores but only found 3".

I tried

without dsdt

with generic dsdt on boot-132 disk

with patched dsdt (gave an error during patching)

I also tried booting with cpus=1, but it did not work either.

What else can I do to overcome this problem?