Couple of post install questions

1 post in this topic

OK, so I've been running rock solid for 2 months under a 10.6.2 vanilla install thanks to this AWESOME board. Seriously, there are some awesome resources here. But alas, I've run into a couple of hitches that are merely inconveniences, but i would like to do away with nonetheless. I've tried searching around and noting I've found has helped...

First: my RAM is being under clocked. I have 4 GB of 1600 RAM installed. About This Mac shows...About.tiffI think this is a SMBIOS issue, right? Well here's the system profiler....SysPro.tiffSo my speed is slightly under clocked, not a HUGE deal, but annoying. My MOBO is a P55-UD2M, and I've heard this is a problem, but the fixes I've read about don't seem to work.

Second: Chameleon refuses to boot off my hard drive, I get a BOOT 0: ERROR on boot. So, I'm currently booting off a flash drive. This method works, but again, annoying... I have PCEFI 10.6 and Chameleon RC4 on the flash, have not been able to get this over and working on my HDD.

Third: I know this isn't the Multi booting thread, but i figure someone might know how to help. I attempted to install Ubuntu alongside Win7. I have 2 HDDs, a 1.5 TB with OSX and a 320GB with Win7 and Linux. I installed GRUB to the MBR and screwed that up (I can only boot off the System Reserved partition from Chameleon). I went back and installed Mint over Ubuntu and made sure to put GRUB on the root partition. Still no Linux in Chameleon, but i can see OS X in GRUB (can't boot it), the only way to get to Linux is by booting from that HDD... Yet again, not HUGE issues, just annoying...

Thanks for the help in advance...

Btw, here's my hardware if that helps:

GA P55-UD2M

Core i5 750

4 GB 1600 MHz G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3

1.5 TB Seagate HDD

320 GB WD HDD