Bus: PCIe

Steckplatz: Slot-2

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x1

VRAM (gesamt): 256 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x06e4

Versions-ID: 0x00a1

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

My Problem is that both cards run single with chameleon graphic enabler super but my problem ist that i need to run the two graphic cards at the same time but i have no idee how . so have any a idea how i can fix that ?

Welcome to the club... My best suggestion is try GFX Strings with both your cards and stick the HEX output into your com.apple.boot

Good luck

• 4 months later...

Trying to do the same myself at the moment.

The problem is, all solutions I have seen so far for dual displays requires EFI strings....but it seems that the ATI cards don't play too nicely with them, they are conspicuous by their absence in apps like OSX86Tools and EFIStudio and some posts I have found seem to suggest that even in single-card installs, adding EFI strings caused ATI displays to lose wither some or all of their functionality.

Until I can find an EFI string from my 5870, I cannot even test my setup with EFI strings :rolleyes:

Grrr, finally generated an EFI string for ATI and nVidia cards but OSX bricks on startup with it..

Guess this is going to be a tough one, especially considering how many people have a setup like this :rolleyes:

Grrr, finally generated an EFI string for ATI and nVidia cards but OSX bricks on startup with it..

Guess this is going to be a tough one, especially considering how many people have a setup like this :(

This might sound like a stupid question but.....Did you set graphicsenabler=no?

This might sound like a stupid question but.....Did you set graphicsenabler=no?

Yes, that was already in the boot.plist file from getting the 5870 working.

EDIT: Attached the in.plist I created to generate the EFI string.....if anyone can see anything obvious I've done wrong, I would be pleased to hear ;) PCI Root numbers are definitely correct though.

in.plist.txt

• 3 months later...
Expecially in crossfire architecture.

In SLI maybe.

We're talking about using 2 cards of different brands here, so 2 drivers loaded, not multiple cards of the same brand (still using the same single driver for all cards).

About SLI it's definitely not supported either.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Everyone!

I don't mean to hijack the topic, but here's my situation:

Currently I have a 6950 1GB and an Inno3D 8500GT in the 2nd PCI-X slot. Can I configure OSX to use the 8500 GT instead of the 6950? I only have the option to choose between PCI-Express and PCI in my BIOS (UEFI; my mobo is Asrock P67 Extreme4). Regardless of what I choose, the 6950 gets initialized.

So any ideas? Any and all help is welcome! Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

Hey mate just trying to find out exactly about it before I buy another graphic card. Let see if anyone knows.

What if both cards are PCI-e which one would be chosen by the system?

Right now I got a HD 4890 working for OSX and my need is another new one more powerful as yours or Nvidia GTX 580 for Win/Gaming and wait until someone comes up with a solution to make them work under OSX then it will replace the 4890.