• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

radan

radan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I will soon go ahead trying to install Boo5 one more time.

But first i want to know if i need to edit the hex. I find my Ghraphichs card in the both list. Dev id: 3050.Card model x600 mobility.

Phoenix says"
The following information was relocated from post #96.

If you're interested on whether or not your Device ID is already contained inside of the Info.plist file or in the file you need to HexEdit already, here's a list, with an (approximate) graphics card equivalent. If your card's Device ID matches the first list, you probably don't need to mess with ATIRadeon9700.kext; if it matches the second, I would not touch it at all."

I understand this like that i don't need to edit the kexts. Correct me if iam wrong. Thank you

Edited by radan, 14 February 2007 - 10:27 AM.

budswell

budswell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Unfortunately I cannot play games yet. Trying Monster pinball (from demonoid). Graphics are not working. Getting copies of the screen and they are all {censored} and purple. Will search around - but any tips would be really helpful

@radan: I did have to do the hex edit and plist text edit. But my card (or device ID) was not in the list

Edited by budswell, 14 February 2007 - 10:42 AM.

Sipheren

Sipheren

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Cars
ok so I have been playing around with this and have a bit of a problem, I can get Callisto to work fine, resolution change, its the 9700 driver that is not working, I have tried it with Callisto installed and now I am just trying without Callisto. Every time I boot with the patched 9700 driver I get a black screen with my mouse pointer sitting there and thats it. The computer continues to boot from what I can gather from the HDD activity. I then have to reboot into safemode and change the 9700 driver back.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong. I have done everything just as the front page says. I have even tried the script thats in another post here. I also have tried 9700 driver from 10.4.4, 10.4.5 and 10.4.8, all do the same.

Edited by Sipheren, 19 February 2007 - 01:08 AM.

geoRG77

geoRG77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hello all, I have ATI Mobility X700 (Device ID: 5652) and Asus M6Va laptop.

My steps:
1. Replacing ATI*.kexts, AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext and OpenGL.framework from original 10.4.5 Intel Update.
2. Koverg patch 0.2 (QE, CI working)
3. Koverg - Callisto - Framebuffer All-in-one

sudo ./builddoe.sh 56 52
sudo ./doe.sh cal5 0x0x0 1 1 #Callisto 5/no resolution into com.boot.apple.plist/Patched Koverg driver/CallistoFB on

4. Repair ATIRadeon9700.kext (because the second script add only 0x56 instead of 0x56521002)

After restart I have full QE/CI support and I can set 1280x800 resoution, but the screen is flickering :)

Attached File  x700.jpg   59.18KB   167 downloads

I think it is error with display frequency. Could somebody please help me? Many thanks and sorry for my English.

Lukeage

Lukeage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks soooo much.

I've tried other methods (like you had) and have finally got my x300 mobility working. Got cursor issues, but I haven't tired to resolve them yet.

Thanks again!

daviduco

daviduco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I have a GTO2 device ID=5d4f, it is not listed in the first post and i've succesfully installed Koverg patch for full CI/QE.

The only thing i miss is Callisto... i have installed version 008 but the system crashes.

Where can i get older vers?

sprueher

sprueher

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Community,

first of all: Thanks for the great HowTo. It helped to get my Jas 10.4.8 to recognize my x800!
second: sorry if someone gets hurt by my bad english!

Well, i still have one problem that bothers me a bit. As i said my x800 (ID: 4a49) is running, i can change resolution and refresh rate but i just cant get QE/CI running :unsure:
I followed the whole HowTo but i have no clue what else i could do to solve it.

Maybe someone here can help me?! Thanks in advance!

Greetings from germany!

SnowboardKid

SnowboardKid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

This is a really helpful thread and seems to me my only chance. Thanks.

I'm using JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel ISO with both the PPF patches.
I have a nForce 4 chipset with AMD processor with an ATI 800XL card.

Okay so my problem. I have a 800XL with a device ID the same as your s (554d). So I saw this guide and thought 'you beauty'.

I follow the steps to install Callisto (I dont need to change the IOPCIMatch because I have the same device ID). I run all the terminal commands and reboot. Nothing happens. My resolutions stays the same. I tried editing the com.apple.Boot.plist but that doesn't do anything either. So I enter "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" into the Darwin prompt on startup and that works (but I have to type it each time I boot, and performance seems slow). Anyway I continue...

Part 2 I don't need to change anything as CallistoFB was already there. When I go to Hex edit ATIRadeon9700.kext I can't find the string so hence I can't replace anything. The string to replace in Info.plist with TextEdit is not there (I added it onto the end myself anyway). I ran the terminal commands.

Nothing changes, no QE or CI. The only change was the one I made with the "Graphics Mode" command at the Darwin boot prompt). Any idea on this. I have the same card and device ID's as this guide, I would have thought I'd have it easy.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Rick.

P.S. Just in case it matters, I can't seem to get past the apple logo on startup unless I leave my JaS disk in, hit F8 when prompted and then enter 'rd=disk0s1 -v". That seems to be the only way I can get OSX to start. I wouldn't think this would effect anything done in this guide.

@ Daviduco as the Callisto website is down, you can get older versions here http://ftp.max-systeme.com/

@ phoenix3200 you may want to update the original post with this URL as it took some digging to find it.

marticus

marticus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, MSI P965 neo, Nvidia Geforce 7300GT<br /><br />...
hi all,

i just wanted to ask how i can extract the atiradeon9700.kext from a 10.4.4 dmg image i have. i've installed the jas 10.4.8 amd/intel, but based on the entries on this thread it seems that i'll need the 10.4.3-10.4.5 kext to enable graphics acceleration. for my radeon x700. any suggestions?

lots of thanks in advance

marticus

rze

rze

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hi,

I'm still new to the hackintosh scene and I can't get my x800 gto 256 mb working.
I tried all the steps you tell us and yes, there is a change.
I can now change my resolutions but if I do so, my screen turns black and I have to reinstall my MacOS.

I really would like to get my gfx card running. Isn't there someone out there who can help me?
It's really appreciated. Tia. ;)

Greetz..........rze

etheric

etheric

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
can somone please post or pm me a link to Callisto's drivers I need 003 or 005. I tried the one linked on the forums (in italian) 003 and 006 but they didn't work for my m300. And starchaser.org is no longer up.

Thanks..

one last thing, i get the following error when using the version of the driver i have on 10.4.8. I have tried Callisto's 003 and 006 and the koverg's v2 patch.

VID: family specific matching fails

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

@ Daviduco as the Callisto website is down, you can get older versions here http://ftp.max-systeme.com/

@ phoenix3200 you may want to update the original post with this URL as it took some digging to find it.

Done.

Disclaimer: If Starchaser comes back up, I would recommend downloading it from there instead of from Max-systeme. Omni quit working on the project because of people hosting it/linking it from sites other than his, and I do not want him to think I am trying to undermine his work by posting an alternate address.

I have been out of the OSX86 scene for quite some time (I had a boot error and decided it was time to kill OS X), and as such, I can't directly help if you run into problems.

Xeijin

Xeijin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Zelda, Gaming, Web Design, ... my Hackintosh
Just so everyone knows, the callisto drivers can be found on omni's new site:

http://omni.110mb.com/callisto/

I'm getting a hang at the application login window started point, after doing part 1 (Callisto) any ideas?

JorgeJones

JorgeJones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Any updates on how to remove Mouse Tearing? I see that this guide was written in 2006, has there been any progress on removing mouse tearing since this guide was first written? I haven't researched this problem much, but I just wondering if anybody had a quick solution to this problem.

greenxeyezz

greenxeyezz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Can get resolution choice with this, but for a pcie x700 pro (DID: 5e4b) still no CI/Q support! Anyone elese have any ideaS?

eraver

eraver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Great guide!

I'm experiencing an issue though. When I attempt to change resolution settings my monitor goes black with a message "Signal cannot be supported".

Any advice on how to fix that?

Thanks!

Here's what my settings look like:

Chipset Model: Radeon X800SE (AGP)
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x4a4a
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported

kurt165749

kurt165749

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Great guide!

I'm experiencing an issue though. When I attempt to change resolution settings my monitor goes black with a message "Signal cannot be supported".

Any advice on how to fix that?

Thanks!

Here's what my settings look like:

Chipset Model: Radeon X800SE (AGP)
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x4a4a
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported

You need to make sure that the resolution/refresh rate you are trying to use is supported by your monitor.

Evgeniy

Evgeniy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have proble : install update 10.4.10 and have support Core and Quartz , BUT cant change resilution and refresh (only 1024x768 60Hz video AGP x800)
Anybody can help me ???

solid_snake2k1

solid_snake2k1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong? i have an ati brand pci-e x800 xl (554d) using an asus p5b-e motherboard. i have jas 10.4.8 (with ppf1 and 2) installed and can get everything else working except the video card. i can use v.2 of "the koverg method" to enable ci/qe but i get horribly scrambled windows anytime i scroll or move the windows. using the com.apple.boot.plist method, i set the resolution at 1680x1050x32 but can only get 1400x1050x32. following the directions in this thread, if i do anything at all with callisto i get the multilanguage no boot gray screen of death. i have the exact same card as the original poster, but i can't make it work. what am i not doing? thanks in advance.

operator64

operator64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello Community,

first of all: Thanks for the great HowTo. It helped to get my Jas 10.4.8 to recognize my x800!
second: sorry if someone gets hurt by my bad english!

Well, i still have one problem that bothers me a bit. As i said my x800 (ID: 4a49) is running, i can change resolution and refresh rate but i just cant get QE/CI running :D
I followed the whole HowTo but i have no clue what else i could do to solve it.

Maybe someone here can help me?! Thanks in advance!

Greetings from germany!

Try to install AGPGart, have same Card ID and it works perfect.
Actually I have ver. 2.2 (http://www.x86dev.org/forums/). Can also play games with good FPS.

greets

Operator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy