[How To] X800 XL set up with working Display Manager and QE/CI

phoenix3200

232 posts in this topic

just installed ideneb 10.5.5 (writing this from the comfort of it)... everything works more or less fine, but i cant figure out the graphics card driver. i have powercolor x800xl  256 mb, cant change resolution, cant play video (really choppy)... 

being a noob that i am (not a programmer, nor i want to be...), im looking to get some help. tried the sollution described at the start of the thread, but i doesnt work (presuming the fault is at the different os versions). 

anybody got it working at 10.5.5 (x800xl i mean).

• 7 months later...
Under Find, type in

3d 60 5d 00 00[/quote]
Under Replace, type in
[code]3d 4d 55 00 00

if you did not have the same Device ID as me (0x554d), you need to swap each half.

For example, if my card had a Device ID of 0x1234, I would put in the Replace box "3d 34 12 00 00".

please can some one explane me how To receive result number like in tutorial my device id is 5E4D i need only this

correct numbers for working QE/CI

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Did anyone manage to get this to work with Leopard?

Or does anyone know how to do this please?

Almost got everything working except video!

And is performance affected by the QE/CI? Or doen't it improve things drastically? I would already be happy if I could set the resolution to be higher..

i Need help i have Asus Eah3870x2

and installed the file 3870x2.pkg and others who appear is this forum, but makes no changes, I can not change my screen resolution and have spent hours searching

how to install this graphics card. anyone know?.

and install drivers only recognize 512 of ram but my graphics card has 1GB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sup, bros. Did some one run QE/CI for ATI 9600 pro on 10.5.7/10.5.8? ATI_9600_C008_AGP.zip help me solve my problem with resolution. But still i can't activate neither Quartz Extreme, no Image Core. Please, help me. I try to solve this for a 4 days, but still without results. I hope, you can help me.

• 1 year later...