Ethernet switches off computer

timme

1 post in this topic

Hey there,

my desktop was running Snow Leopard (10.6) for several weeks now, actually without any bigger problems (apart from a kernel panic from time to time when booting). I set up the system based on the instructions here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163938

Since yesterday I have a real problem though. The hackintosh started to shut itself down, basically like you are pulling the plug. So a complete shutdown. After a lot of testing I found out that it happens as soon as the computer is attached to the network via Ethernet. Without Ethernet it has been running fine for several hours, but as soon as you connect it he shuts down within seconds.

Apart from the build-in Ethernet that comes with the Zotac 9300 ITX WIFI I also tried to connect with my USB-Ethernet adapter from the Macbook Air. Made no difference though, in both cases the computer just shuts down.

The log files actually don't tell me anything specific, he just mentions a improper shutdown, with "Previous Shutdown Cause: 3".

I also checked if I installed or deinstalled anything special. But there is nothing conspicuous.

Apart from that I also created a new profile to make sure that it is not a certain program that causes the shutdown. Didn't help either.

Running Techtool Pro didn't mention any problems.

I would be really grateful if someone could help me out and has a idea what could be the reason for this.