Can I get working QE/CI

martisti

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have installed 10.6.2 Snow Leopard by HAZARD edition with EFI 1,5 and Chameleon for boot loader. Everything is working just perfect except the video driver. I use NVInject to enable changing of the resolution but Can't open Front Row and others application which need the QE/CI.

Can I enable someway QE/CI on my video card NV 7300 GS.

NVEnabler64 - doesn't work. Graphic enabler - too. Changing the apple.boot.list with GraphicEnabler=Y don't work. I think I tried almost everything.

Please can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Sincerely

Martist

Hi,

I have installed 10.6.2 Snow Leopard by HAZARD edition with EFI 1,5 and Chameleon for boot loader. Everything is working just perfect except the video driver. I use NVInject to enable changing of the resolution but Can't open Front Row and others application which need the QE/CI.

NVEnabler64 - doesn't work. Graphic enabler - too. Changing the apple.boot.list with GraphicEnabler=Y don't work. I think I tried almost everything.

Thank you

Sincerely

Martist

Use OSX86Tools and enable it from the choices in OSX86Tools application see if that will help.

I can't make my geforce 9600m gs work either and I tried the same thing as you. Maybe you can try this: http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=509

see if it work out.

When I try to enable QE/CI from OSX86Tools I get an applescript error:

Can’t make "The domain/default pair of (com.apple.windowserver, QuartzGLEnabled) does not exist" into type boolean. (-1700)

Right now I must boot using the -x32 option else if I boot just using -v I get

Kext com.apple.driver.AGPM - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AGPM - failed to resolve library dependences
Kext com.apple.driver.AGPM failed to load (0xdc00800e)
Failed to load Kext com.apple.driver.AGPM (error 0xdc00800e)
Kext load request buffer from user space still retained by a kext; probable memory leak

And then I can hear my skype and messenger loading but I have no display I'm still at the "Terminal screen"

If you get anything on how to get your videocard working I'd be more than happy to know how you did!

Use OSX86Tools and enable it from the choices in OSX86Tools application see if that will help.

Sorry, but I don't know how many times it has to be said on this forum, but OSX86Tools CANNOT ENABLE QE/CI.

The 'Enable Quartz GL' in OSX86Tools is something completely different

Hi,

Thank you

Sincerely

Martist

Hi,

I have the exact same card, and until a few days ago had problems with it myself. I used the NVEnabler64/EFI String/GraphicsEnabler=Yes combo and got it working.

I'm logged in to Win7 at the moment, I'll post the kext and boot.plist when I get the chance.

Cheers,

MaestroX1

Hi MaestroX1

Please when is possible to you post here the kext and boot.plist.

The last update from me is:

Installed 10.6.2 by HAZARD without my patched DSDT file, but with CMOS reset form the option menu.

I add EFIstrings and HAVE QE, but immediately after boot (I see the transparent menu bar) and KERNEL PANIC!!!

Only GraphicsEnabler=yes - don't work.

Booth GraphicsEnabler=yes and EFIStrings do work but Kernel Panic

Only EFIStrings do work but Kernel Panic too...

With installation with DSDT file included nothing from the above can enable QE.

If someone know how to resolve this frustrating kernel panic please let me know.

Thanks

Martist

Hi,

Nothing can help me except EFIString. But there are Kernel Panics.

I found this

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci1</string>

but again Kernel Panic. Why is this? Does anyone know how to stop these kernel panics?

Thank you

There is no 64 bit support in 10.6.2 for Nvidia 7xxx series graphics cards, which means the system will panic, you must force 32 bit operation.

SL boots in 64-bit when using the Chameleon or PCEFI bootloaders.

If you wish to boot in 32-bit mode, you will have to add one of the following flags in your customized com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra Folder:

-x32 (when using PCEFI)

arch=i386 (when using Chameleon RC3)

My com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra Folder looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x32</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

This is very important if using Nvidia 7xxx cards or lower because the system will Panic in 64 bit mode, if using Nvidia 8xxx or higher Booting in 64 bit will work just fine.

Thank you smokozuna!!!

YOU're the man. It Works!!!

Now can someone please tell me what is the difference between 32bit kernel and 64 bit. Will LOGIC PRO 9 run more efficient with 64bit kernel instead of 32bit?

THANK YOU ALL who helped me!!!

BIG THANKS!!!

I'm glad it woks for you! This project is amazing.. My hackbook works almost completely (only thing missing is 2 finger scrolling but i dont really mind and my fingerprint reader but god knows i can live without that...) and I'm really plannin on sticking to this until I can buy myself a real mac.

Enjoy :)

Now can someone please tell me what is the difference between 32bit kernel and 64 bit. Will LOGIC PRO 9 run more efficient with 64bit kernel instead of 32bit?

It doesn't matter, OS X is not like Windows, it can run 64-bit apps just fine even with 32-bit kernel and drivers.

The only advantage to using 64-bit kernel and drivers on OS X is that it allows you to use more than 32GB of RAM.

Logic Pro will run exactly the same whether you're using 64-bit or 32-bit kernel and drivers.

Thank you Beerkex'd.

At last I will write how I've done my 7300LE working for everyone who cannot make it.

1. Install Snow Leo 10.6.2 with EFI 1.05 and Chameleon RC3

2. ADD to the com.apple.Boot.plist <key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x32</string>

3.Restart. If I add NV string before restart the system cannot boot (wondering why)

4 Add to the com.apple.Boot.plist Your 7300 strings via EFIStudio and restart

Everything is working now!!!

By the way, you can use 64bit mode if you put all Geforce kext and bundles from 10.6.1's /S/L/E to your /S/L/E. It's just Apple breaking older cards support, so you can downgrade them.

I second the thanks to smokozuna. I've been banging my head for days trying to figure out why my 7300GT was okay in 10.6.0 but crashed 10.6.2. The simple statement that 7-series cards are not supported with 64-bit is all I needed. I confirmed that the 32 bit flag works and confirmed that swapping the video card for an 8400GS works too. Glad I finally found this post.

• 1 month later...

Setup:

Asus P5B Mobo

Asus Nvidia 7300GS 256MB

4GB RAM

Snow Leopard Retail, upgraded to 10.6.3

Chameleon 2 Bootloader

Hi all, I have my SL 10.6.3 running almost perfectly, except I can't seem to get QE/CI working for the graphics card. This means no Preview for images, no Aperture, no iPhoto, no cool ripple effect dropping a widget :(

I have tried all the following but none works. In each of the scenario where applicable I did fix permissions (using pfix) before rebooting and then tested again with the above apps but no luck. Good thing though none of the option gave me a Kernel Panic. At worst it won't give me the full resolution I require, locked at 1024x768 (my monitor is 1680x1050).

Here's what I have tried, hopefully someone can give me Option 16 to try? :)

1) GraphicsEnabler = Y in boot.plist; no EFI; no nvidea KEXT

2) EFIString inserted into boot.plist using EFIStudio, GraphicsEnabler=Off, 64bit Kernel

3) EFIString inserted into boot.plist using EFIStudio, GraphicsEnabler=On, 64bit Kernel

4) EFIString inserted into boot.plist using EFIStudio, GraphicsEnabler=Off, 32bit Kernel

5) NVinject KEXT with IOProbeScore=0, no EFI, GraphicsEnabler = Yes

6) NVinject KEXT with IOProbeScore=0, no EFI, GraphicsEnabler = No

7) NVDarwin, no EFI, no GraphicsEnabler

8) 32bit Kernel (ie -x32 at bootup) + NVEnabler 64 KEXT

9) 32bit Kernel (ie -x32 at bootup) + NVInject KEXT with IOProbeScore=0

10) NV Enabler 64 + EFI String + GraphicsEnabler = Yes

11) Old nvkush + nvinject from 10.5.4 ideneb (when I could run iphoto) + 32bit boot in SL

12) EVOinstaller + 64bit kernel

13) EVOinstaller + 32bit kernel

14) NVKush - 64 bit + IOProbeScore=0

15) NVKush - 32 bit + IOProbeScore=0

Thanks

asterix

rkokfhung, congratulations, you are the first to get a (double) warning from me.

You posted 6 times the same identical post on 6 different topics. 3 times you were off-topic.

Next time I'll put you on moderator's preview.

Let this be a warning for everybody else.Nobody deserves more attention than the others.

rkokfhung, congratulations, you are the first to get a (double) warning from me.

You posted 6 times the same identical post on 6 different topics. 3 times you were off-topic.

Next time I'll put you on moderator's preview.

Let this be a warning for everybody else.Nobody deserves more attention than the others.

apologies. I was anxious to get it working. Can u delete other posts leaving one for me. Thanks.