Hp Dv7 1245 Snow Leopard Installation Guide

motionworks

15 posts in this topic

Here is my Snow Leopard 10.6.2 installation guide for Hp Dv7 1245.

Preparation

All you need is SnowOSX Universal v3.6 (10.6.2) and some kexts (Included)

For SnowOSX distro google is your friend.

Installation

- Burn SnowOSX distro to a DVD. Boot from DVD, installation will start, prepare your disk with Disk Utility

- No need to customize, install default kexts.

- During installation after agreement, you have to open terminal and make your DSDT. It is simple, there is a guide in Distro screen. Just use this

cd /

sudo MakeDSDT yourdiskname

- Then finish your installation and reboot with -v

- Probably you will see welcome intro without sound and video support.

- Complete your settings like user name location etc...

Now we can start to fix our problems. First We will update Chameleon to 2.0-RC4-r684.

There is no setup so we have to install manually. Chameleon files included in this post too.

In i386 folder you will found all necessary files. You can check your disk id from disk utility.

From terminal navigate to i386 folder and use commands below.

Suppose that your installation is on /dev/disk0s2

- Install boot0 to the MBR:

sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

- Install boot1h to the partition's bootsector:

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

- Install boot to the partition's root directory:

sudo cp boot /

And Restart.

- Lets fix USB and some disk problems. You will found com.apple.Boot.plist file in my files.

Copy this file to inside of Extra folder. You can overwrite. Then restart.

- To fix hardware accelerated graphic support please use NVEnabler 64.kext from Graphic folder.

To install you will find Kext Utility in Applications - ATools. Copy it to your desktop. Then copy Extensions folder from Extra directory to Desktop. And copy NVEnabler 64.kext to Extensions folder. Then Drag over Extensions folder to Kext Utility. It will repair permissions and create Extensions.mkext. Copy both Extensions and Extensions.mkext inside of Extra folder and overwrite. Then restart. You got graphic support.

- To get sound; please repeat previous fix with VoodooHDA.kext. You will get sound with volume controls After Restart.

- To get Battery please repeat again with VoodooBattery.kext.

- To get stable Ethernet please repeat again with RealtekR1000SL.kext.

- Probably there will be not Trackpad in your System Preferences. To fix this, you will find a guide in Trackpad folder.

- To fix WIFI, first you have to get rid of your Intel Wifi mini card. I replaced mine with HP Manufactured Broadcom BCM4311KFBG. You have to be carefull. It is important to buy a wifi supported from HP. Otherwise you will got 104 Error on Startup. and it will not boot. To change card you have to remove back cover. It is easy. And change your wifi card. Then please use IO80211Family.kext from Wifi folder. And install as usual with Kext utility. It works great.

Finally there is a smbios.plist. I changed for HP DV7 1245ef. If your computer is same use this one and copy inside of Extra folder. And If you have French keyboard, please use my frenchpc.keylayout and copy to Library/Keyboard Layouts.

Unfortunately there is no Sleep support and trackpad scroll right now. Please share us if you can find solution.

SleepEnabler is not working with Hp Dv7.

Source Files

http://rapidshare.com/files/355782004/Drivers.zip

I hope you like this guide.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

tried to follow with your guide but after reboot the keyboard and touchpad stops working. Only my USB mouse works when it's plugged in before startup. I have tried to install many kext and also to remove some and none of these methods have worked for me.

My laptop model is HP Pavilion dv7-1285dx. Basically the same specs but 6GB ram and 2.4 Ghz processor.

I had the same problem. Keyboard and trackpad stop working after the first reboot.

I get this problem every time I install SL (with Leopard all worked fine). Just plug an usb mouse and a keyboard and run kext utility. It will find a problem with ApplePS2controller (or something similar) kext and everything will be fine after a reboot.

Hi, I've almost the same Laptop (Mine is HP Pavilion dv7-1155es) so I found your guide perfect for me. Thanks!

Before finding your post, first I installed Leopard (iAtkos v7) without problems (just a little issue with the computer not returning from Sleep, you know). But I wanted a Snow Leopard clean installation and at the end messed all.

After my first SL install, keyboard and trackpad stopped working. So I installed again and got the same problem again... that time I started installing all the kexts I had at hand before rebooting for first time (nvenabler, wifi, appleps2... I can't remember all). Everything worked so I updated the system

Again everything was fine but in one moment of this chain of events USB support was gone. I tried every kext and every tutorial I could found online, but it has been impossible for me to fix USBs. (BTW I am a noob with OSX, but I have lot of experience with FreeBSD and Linux). Dunno if it were the update, the kexts, the DSDT fixing... or everything at the same time.

At the end, I have reinstalled one more time following your guide step by step and everything is fine. At the end I have USB support. But now I have a few questions for you (if you don't mind).

-Do I need to make anything before updating the system? I mean, I can use the Software Update menu, yes? Or is there any problem with it?

-I haven't changed smbios.plist, I don't know if I can use yours directly or if I need to change any value... can you give me a hand?

-What about the SD reader? does it works for you? Have you tried the eSATA port or the hdmi? Just curious...

Thanks for all

i am still stuck at getting the keyboard and touchpad to work. I dont know exactly which kext to install since i installed appleps2 from the snow leopard installation. Is it the permissions i must repair with the kext utility?

Yes, you don't need any additional kext, just run kext-utility and repair permissions. At least that worked for me.i

it works finally i did what you said. My graphics card works on full resolution with quartz enable but i still get error messages when trying to play games. It says that my video ram must be greater that 32MB which dosent make sense since my 9600M GT is 512MB. Is it possible for me to use other kext alongside nvenabler without getting kernet panics.

Hi,

I tried to install OSX86 on my HP laptop, I'd previously installed iAtkos 7 on my desktop easily but the thing is I can't install none of the distros on my laptop !!

I tried iAtkos 7i & 5i & Snow Leopard but none of them worked !

the thing is I can get the installation done with options like cpus=1 and busratio=10.5 or 20 but I can't boot up the OS in anyway with any flags !!

and I'm pretty sure that the problem is with my mobo or cpu (mostly cpu) .

my laptop spec. are as below :

============================================

HP Pavilion DV6t-2000 series

Mobo : Intel (I'm guessing ... :confused: )

CPU : Intel Core i7 Q720 1.6 GHz 4 cores, 8 logical cores

RAM : 4 GB DDR3 (1333 hz bus)

Bios : Insyde F.13

H.D.D 500 GB SATA with Intel 5 series/3400 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller

Audio : IDT HD Audio controller

VGA : Geforce GT 230 M (1 GB dedicated memory)

Network Card : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

Wifi : Broadcom 802.11g

============================================

I tried different distros and they been installed successfully but none of them would boot even with many different setup combinations !

If you could help or point me in the right direction It'd be really really kind of you ! :(

Any help or info is greatly appreciated !

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Followed this through and I still don't seem to get my keyboard/touchpad to work.... the kext utility doesn't seem to solve this for me.

I have a dv7 1250, does anyone have an idea of what can i do to restore keyboard/touchpad functionality?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Followed this through and I still don't seem to get my keyboard/touchpad to work.... the kext utility doesn't seem to solve this for me.

I have a dv7 1250, does anyone have an idea of what can i do to restore keyboard/touchpad functionality?

Thanks in advance

Run kext utility in Atools under applications. Enter your password (Use virtual keyboard if no USB keyboard). Then after it is finished restart.

Has anyone else have tried the update 10.6.3 with success.

I figured I'd post how I installed the update 10.6.3 since i got emails asking how.

Here’s how it’s done. All download links are below.

After installing the SnowOSX distro v3.6 I ran kext utility so that permissions were repaired for the PS/2 kext. I then placed the VoodooHDA, VoodooPowerMini (needed for CPU throttling), R1000SL.kext, and Voodoo Battery to the /System/Library/Extension folder. I then downloaded the Chameleon boot loader (from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&id=64081) and ran the installer. I then went into the /Extra/Extension folder and added the following lines

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UHCIreset</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

also change the

<key>GUI</key>

<string>n</string>

to

<key>GUI</key>

<string>y</string>

Now save the file to your desktop and replace the old file in /E/E with the file on your Desktop. Launch Kext Utility once again and restart after it is completed. (I know that you do not have graphics acceleration support as yet).

Now download the Security Update 2010-003 (Snow Leopard), Security Update 2010-001 (Snow Leopard) and Mac OS X v10.6.3 v1.1 Update (Combo). Install Mac OS X v10.6.3 v1.1 Update (Combo) but do not restart. Now install the security update 003 and do not resart. Finally install the security update 001 and the restart. After restart add the

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

then restart. This should enable apple’s default Geforce drivers and you should get graphics support. If something goes wrong be sure to reply me.

http://www.superhai.com/files/current/rele...attery.kext.zip

http://www.superhai.com/files/current/rele...erMini.kext.zip

VoodooHDA can be found in Drivers.zip in the forum post.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=64081

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1029/...010-003Snow.dmg

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1017/...o10.6.3v1.1.dmg

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL994/e...010-001Snow.dmg