Booting into Black Screen (sometimes Gray)

MateuszD

2 posts in this topic

Well, I had so many problems with booting the Retail DVD of SL in my PC, all details about my problems are explained on my other topic here. :(

Now after I got it up I have done a research to see what to do next and I am struggling because there was not much I could find about my PC.

Basically on clean install I set up fakesmc.kext and RealtekRS1000(can not remember its name) to get support for network card, it all works. I was able to boot into safe mode but not able to boot into normal mode as the screen booted into black "nothing". Now I managed to increase resolution using Graphics Mode entry in com.apple.boot.plist to 1400x1050 but I was still only able to boot into safe mode. I installed ATI4500Controller.kext and as I was not able to boot using safe mode either, I deleted it using single user mode. Everything went back like it was before.

UPDATE: Now after I updated it to 10.6.2 I can boot into both modes. I realised that ATI4500Controller was back there again so I had to delete it before I could boot into system.

My graphics card is ATI Radeon Mobility 4570.

What should I do to make it work?

Have I missed some kext's?

Maybe there was something supposed to be installed that I've missed...

Please try to help me and don't think I am not doing anything to fix it. I have already spent 12hrs/4days on researching.