• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Been a long time since I was here. Good tidings old friends. 

Anyways, I cant seem to update my PowerMac G3 B&W past 10.4.2. At first, tried combo update to  install 10.4.11. No cigar. Said install error and I rebooted and got a blue screen. So, I decided to reinstall and go update by update. Got to 10.4.3 and it errored. So i tried 10.4.4 Combo Update. Nothing. Still got error. So I know it's a 10.4.3 update error. 

I recently flashed a Radeon 7000 PC card to Mac. Works flawlessly with PCE Extreme to enable Quartz Extreme. (Wish youtube would play... It's all choppy). Could that be causing it? I also installed a PCI USB/Firewire 800 card. Also works flawlessly. 

PPC 400 mhz

512 Ram (PC100, 4x128 modules)

Radeon 7000 "Mac Edition"

Any more info I will include. Just ask.  :(

Lol, afraid to reboot now...

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

Been a long time since I was here. Good tidings old friends. 

Anyways, I cant seem to update my PowerMac G3 B&W past 10.4.2. At first, tried combo update to  install 10.4.11. No cigar. Said install error and I rebooted and got a blue screen. So, I decided to reinstall and go update by update. Got to 10.4.3 and it errored. So i tried 10.4.4 Combo Update. Nothing. Still got error. So I know it's a 10.4.3 update error. 

I recently flashed a Radeon 7000 PC card to Mac. Works flawlessly with PCE Extreme to enable Quartz Extreme. (Wish youtube would play... It's all choppy). Could that be causing it? I also installed a PCI USB/Firewire 800 card. Also works flawlessly. 

PPC 400 mhz

512 Ram (PC100, 4x128 modules)

Radeon 7000 "Mac Edition"

Any more info I will include. Just ask.  :rolleyes:

Lol, afraid to reboot now...

The blue screen is a tell tale sign of a graphics problem. It is most likely your graphics card causing this.

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Thanks for the reply!

But why does it not want to install the update WHILE i'm running 10.4.2? It just halts and says there was a error.
It reboots fine BTW, just want to get this updated.

I am going to hack up some cables on a PC power supply to work on a Power Mac G4 Gigabit Ethernet. Don't worry, I have A LOT of power supplies (like, more than 100). Just want this mac the best it can be...

EDIT:
Found out this is a Rev. 1 Logic Board. They supposedly have ATA/Hard drive errors... Haven't seen any yet...
The Firmware is 1.1.1f4 (1.1), which is up-to-date. I put a DVD-DL Writer in it and ran PatchBurn. Works great.
I have 6 of these machines and 3 G4 Gigabit's. Maybe I should try another G3...

Thanks, any more help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy