Repair Permissions?

Gsxrjunky

3 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I have a quick question about repair permissions. I have had my hackintosh up and running for a couple months now with relatively no bugs other than a few things not opening up(not responding). I used Kakewalk boot formally known as gigabyte usb, and it worked flawlessly. Things slowed down a bit (sometimes) and usually a restart fixes this. But i was wondering if I repaired permissions, since I have a list a mile long and dont know what any of it means, if this would fix my problems. My real question is would it screw my implanted kext files or make my hackintosh not boot, or something scary like that?

Thanks for all your hard work everyone in making this hackintosh stuff happen!!

Oh, any reason parallel 5.0 works great, but boot camp wont? I cant enable journaling so boot camp will not work. Not to concerned with this question, just the first one.

THX

They are all System/Library/Extensions stuff. Just dont want to screw something up.

Anyone? Just kinda want a yes or no answer if this will screw things up by running repair permissions.

THX

I got the answer, and it is yes incase any other newbie is searching for the answer!! I tried it and it did not hurt a thing!! Repair all you want. I was a little concerned because i made this hackintosh my main for everything, and was a little hesitant on tweaking with it.