5 posts in this topic

I have some consumer double thoughts I need help sorting out.

I am stuck between buying these two laptops here. Which would you think is best for running both windows and OSX86? I just need to know whether either processors (AMD Turion and Intel Centrino Duo ) will support TIGER., if any..

AREA-51

OR..

AURORA-M9700

The AREA-51 laptop should easily run Tiger except some witht the core duo have stuttering and may have to disable one core. Im not too sure about the AMD but it will at least have sse2 and you will have to patch for that. But it could have SSE3. Anyway those should easily run Tiger. Good Luck!

The AMD has sse3 and with my experience AMD is much better than Intel. Ether will run osx86 up to 10.4.6 but only the Intel one will run 10.4.7. I just looked at the full specs and the AMD is alot better, also read the installation guides, those help, along with the compatable/incompatable list, thats all at the wiki i think.

happy hacking (and go with the AMD :police: )

bwhsh8r

The AMD has sse3 and with my experience AMD is much better than Intel. Ether will run osx86 up to 10.4.6 but only the Intel one will run 10.4.7. I just looked at the full specs and the AMD is alot better, also read the installation guides, those help, along with the compatable/incompatable list, thats all at the wiki i think.

happy hacking (and go with the AMD :D )

bwhsh8r

Maybe in the Windows world and that's a big maybe especially with the new architecture. For a hackintosh I wold definitely go with the Intel system. Less patching now and better support later when Leopard is cracked. Also the AREA-51 has a video card that will support quartz extreme and Tigers core image.

Oh yeah, i didnt think of that, sorry, for only osx86 the intel chipset will be better supported and you will have the 10.5.7 update but if your going to triboot then id go with the AMD because its an over all better pc if you are running a non hacked os but it all comes down to preference, do you want the better osx86 supported cheeper laptop, or the slightly better and more expensive laptop that will out perform the intel in everythin except maybe osx86 because it depends on the hardware support and 10.4.6 would be the last possible osx86 that you could run at the molment untill someone ports over the power management from the 10.4.6 kernal.

bwhsh8r