• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

Api

Api

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Thanks, Andy, works great on my Acer Aspire One A150.

Additionally many thanks for all your work/afford for the 'hack' community!! Respect!

Bobert01

Bobert01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hi people im on a toshiba nb100 everything is workig but not the screen ive tried all the fixes for 10.6.6 as thats what im on now and all i get is a gray screen after the apple boot loader and then it goes black.

my screen is 27ae

ive tried installing just the appleintelframebuffer.kext and the AppleIntelGMA950.kext... thing is when i try just the kexts from kexts.com which is only the frame buffer it works but with no QE ETC can anyone help me get QE ETC please ?

http://www.kexts.com...a_950_nb_1.html

that is what im using now!! plz help also im a noob ... :)

edit with that kexts from kexts.com mirroring works!

dgeordgy21

dgeordgy21

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Added patched version for 0x27AE8086 for 10.6.6

Thanks!

kellis

kellis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
so i made the jump and installed 10.6.6 from a very good working 10.6.2.

I installed the kext here for 10.6.2 on my 27AE (acer zg5).

1st i want to say that the archive here is packaged weird. i found other kexts inside the kext archive. i assume i had to move the one from within in my /s/l/e

anyway, the resolution works fine, beautiful graphics, but NO QE!

i am not sure what i could have done wrong. i simply replaced my 10.6.6 original with your 2 kexts files, cleaned the /s/l/Caches.

touch /s/l/e

still no acceleration.

any idea?

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

so i made the jump and installed 10.6.6 from a very good working 10.6.2.

I installed the kext here for 10.6.2 on my 27AE (acer zg5).

1st i want to say that the archive here is packaged weird. i found other kexts inside the kext archive. i assume i had to move the one from within in my /s/l/e

anyway, the resolution works fine, beautiful graphics, but NO QE!

i am not sure what i could have done wrong. i simply replaced my 10.6.6 original with your 2 kexts files, cleaned the /s/l/Caches.

touch /s/l/e

still no acceleration.

any idea?

Normally it should work if you use Chameleon (I recommend AnVAL) GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot argument and then replace the 2 kexts in /S/L/E
With AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelGMA950.kext in place like this it should work.
QE/CI/OpenGL is provided by AppleIntelGMA950.kext and it's plugins so you need to look there for your no CI/QE/OpenGL problem...

loganMac

loganMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have Aspire ZG5. I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail and updated to 10.6.6, everything work great with some kexts. I have full graphic but when i open a file, it got cut off on the bottom. i cannot click "next" or "Ok" since it's in the bottom of the screen. Since there's a CI/QE/OpenGL solution for 0x27AE8086, will this solve my problem? Is all I need to do is drag the kext to Kext Utility? do i need to edit DSDT as in 10.6.3 "howto"? thx

kellis

kellis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Normally it should work if you use Chameleon (I recommend AnVAL) GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot argument and then replace the 2 kexts in /S/L/E
With AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and AppleIntelGMA950.kext in place like this it should work.
QE/CI/OpenGL is provided by AppleIntelGMA950.kext and it's plugins so you need to look there for your no CI/QE/OpenGL problem...

ok, so that was weird, i guess one of the plugin was wrong, i installed them again (not your files) it then worked.
weird but who cares!? it works! Thank you so much!

quad849

quad849

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Any update for 10.6.7 ?

I have tried your kext, and actually they kinda work. They have offered me a incredible stability and performance I have never seen before on 10.5.8 and in any other OS...

BUT...

It only works if I plug an external screen. The internal laptop screen is always turned off for a unknown reason to me.

Yet I can`t try the DSDT thing because I sucks at doing it, and when I apply the patched dsdt.aml my system shows a KernelPanic at the beginning of booting.

The "GraphicsUpdate 1.0 27AE Fix" seems to doing the trick, but the problem is the internal screen never turning on.

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

Any update for 10.6.7 ?

I have tried your kext, and actually they kinda work. They have offered me a incredible stability and performance I have never seen before on 10.5.8 and in any other OS...

BUT...

It only works if I plug an external screen. The internal laptop screen is always turned off for a unknown reason to me.

Yet I can`t try the DSDT thing because I sucks at doing it, and when I apply the patched dsdt.aml my system shows a KernelPanic at the beginning of booting.

The "GraphicsUpdate 1.0 27AE Fix" seems to doing the trick, but the problem is the internal screen never turning on.

That's odd... must be DSDT video PNLF device issue...
Check with other DSDT fixes (or search a modded one or let somebody else mod one) to get this fixed...
The 0x27AE 10.6.7 kext will be available soon (when I've downloaded the 10.6.7 update and modded the kernel for Atom + fixed GMA kexts).

Davirus

Davirus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Everything new and original

That's odd... must be DSDT video PNLF device issue...
Check with other DSDT fixes (or search a modded one or let somebody else mod one) to get this fixed...
The 0x27AE 10.6.7 kext will be available soon (when I've downloaded the 10.6.7 update and modded the kernel for Atom + fixed GMA kexts).

Got it.

Going to keep trying with the DSDT thing. Thanks for the quick reply.

:: Edit ::
O yeah, btw, Im quad849, i just had forgot the password for this one, anyway, Im back again >:D

Davirus

Davirus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Everything new and original
Funny thing.
Im still stuck with the DSDT thing.

I was trying all kind of crazy tests to make it work. I just realized that the display work with the native kext.

I just made a clean install of Snow Leopard (retail DVD) and the external screen is working, there are some odd to be checked (like the external screen do not work if I unplug and plug it again).

Yet I still having the internal screen not working :)

Posted Image

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...
Added 10.6.7 GMA945 0x27AE8086 kexts.
They are available from the first post.

Api

Api

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Once again: Thank you very much for your work! ;)

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I've worked hard together with the Chameleon team to make this possible.
Big thanks go to Prasys for implementing the GMA GraphicsEnabler fix.
I devised the solution for getting CI/QE/OpenGL on the GMA card I'm using now...
I also fixed up some warnings in the GMA graphicsenabler.

New version for 10.6.7 (kexts):
Download from below...

Enjoy this great solution... :cool:

Hi Andy.

I compared the Renderer info screen grab attached to your post with the Renderer output from my 1005HA and with the exception of the Version # being 1.6.26 vs your 1.6.6, they appear to be otherwise identical.

To be completely honest, I don't get what I'm seeing here. If this screen of info indicates that I have OpenGL acceleration working on my netbook (27ae), then somebody needs to tell Adobe, as the Photoshop "Performance" preference displaying GL enabled acceleration has the GL button greyed out and thus, Photoshop apparently isn't aware of any such enabling.

Can you shed any light on this mystery?

If all else fails, I could conceivably uninstall the CS suite and reinstall it in the hope that the installer finds OpenGL and enables it, but as it's a long-winded process with de-authorisation, lengthy uninstall and re-install, I thought I'd ask first.

Thanks in advance, and great work.

EDIT: There's a possibility that PS4 requires the graphics adapter to have 256MB of Video Ram available before it will 'switch on' the GL functionality, which might well solve the mystery. I'll do a little research on the Adobe forums. Meantime though, if you (or any kind soul reading this) knows of a suitable OpenGL performance testing app, I'd be pleased to hear of it. Thanks again. :-)

Cheers,
Andy.

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

Hi Andy.

I compared the Renderer info screen grab attached to your post with the Renderer output from my 1005HA and with the exception of the Version # being 1.6.26 vs your 1.6.6, they appear to be otherwise identical.

To be completely honest, I don't get what I'm seeing here. If this screen of info indicates that I have OpenGL acceleration working on my netbook (27ae), then somebody needs to tell Adobe, as the Photoshop "Performance" preference displaying GL enabled acceleration has the GL button greyed out and thus, Photoshop apparently isn't aware of any such enabling.

Can you shed any light on this mystery?

If all else fails, I could conceivably uninstall the CS suite and reinstall it in the hope that the installer finds OpenGL and enables it, but as it's a long-winded process with de-authorisation, lengthy uninstall and re-install, I thought I'd ask first.

Thanks in advance, and great work.

Cheers,
Andy.

You could try that uninstall but it's also possible it requires OpenGL 2 for it (GMA950 only supports up to 1.4 with partial 1.5).
I don't know this for sure as I've never used the Creative Suite of Adobe on my machine.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

You could try that uninstall but it's also possible it requires OpenGL 2 for it (GMA950 only supports up to 1.4 with partial 1.5).
I don't know this for sure as I've never used the Creative Suite of Adobe on my machine.

Wow. Speedy response. ;)

Thanks for the update. I'll add the 2.0 factor to my search list.

If you hadn't spotted it, I've edited my original post. With a theory from a colleague who knows a bit about Adobe products. So I'll check that out as well.

Your written English is pretty good - educated in the UK maybe?

One last thing... Is the Renderer info proof that OpenGL is definitely functioning on our machines?

Thanks once more.

Andy.

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
    Hacking...

Wow. Speedy response. :P

Thanks for the update. I'll add the 2.0 factor to my search list.

If you hadn't spotted it, I've edited my original post. With a theory from a colleague who knows a bit about Adobe products. So I'll check that out as well.

Your written English is pretty good - educated in the UK maybe?

One last thing... Is the Renderer info proof that OpenGL is definitely functioning on our machines?

Thanks once more.

Andy.

No, but I've been talking English since I was 5 years old. ;)
You can always use OpenGL Extensions Viewer to get info and renderer info also gives details on your OpenGL info.
I also made a tool for getting video card info:
http://www.insanelym...o Hardware Info
This shows wether OpenGL and CI/QE is working and which renderer you use.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

You can always use OpenGL Extensions Viewer to get info and renderer info also gives details on your OpenGL info.

Great. Thanks a bunch dude.

Cheers,
Andy.

djkad

djkad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've worked hard together with the Chameleon team to make this possible.
Big thanks go to Prasys for implementing the GMA GraphicsEnabler fix.
I devised the solution for getting CI/QE/OpenGL on the GMA card I'm using now...
I also fixed up some warnings in the GMA graphicsenabler.
This fix is for Snow Leopard 10.6.2...

Download:
http://rapidshare.co...Leopard_Fix.zip

New version for 10.6.3 (kexts, 0x27AE+0x27A2, get above too):
New fix for 10.6.3 including 0x27A2 for those were it doesn't work (10.6.3):
http://rapidshare.co...ixed_10.6.3.zip
attached is also a new boot file (without debug etc)

New version for 10.6.4 (kexts, 0x27AE, get first fix + boot_rel3):
http://rapidshare.co...10.6.4.zip.html
Or download from below...

New version for Graphics Update 1.0 (10.6.4):
http://rapidshare.co...AE_Fix.zip.html
Or also download from below...

New version for 10.6.5 (kexts):
http://rapidshare.co...ixed_10.6.5.zip

New version for 10.6.6 (kexts):
http://rapidshare.co...27AE_10.6.6.zip
Or download from below...

New version for 10.6.7 (kexts):
Download from below...

Sources of bootloader:
Check it out from the Chameleon forge site (under branches/andyvand).

Enjoy this great solution... :cool:

Hi, I have a sony vaio vgn sz2m with 2 video cards: Nvidia geforce go 7400(01d810de) and intel gma 945 (27a28086)
I'm not able to enable QE/CI. I've tried almost everything. Can anyone help me?
I have SL 10.6.7.
I wish to know which kext i have to put/mod (and where, S/L/E and/or E/E), which mods i have to do to dsdt file and so on. Thanks a lot.
I've tried to put the Intel950 and framebuffer kext into s/l/e, created the dsdt file and copied the boot file in the root but as result i have a black screen, only external monitor work (without QE)

Added 10.6.7 GMA945 0x27AE8086 kexts.
They are available from the first post.

What about 27a2 (10.6.7)????

N@sh

N@sh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can you upload this on some other place than Rapidshare please ????? I have some problems with OpenGL on GMA950 0x27a2.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy