Swad

39 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
www.kenrockwell.com

insistingly recommended :)

the photo gallery is spectacular, but i mostly like the how-to section - the guy really knows what he is doing and talking about

Ken's got some good articles but tends to be fanboyish sometimes. I'm not crazy about his color management article and how it's completely not important. In a perfect world I'd agree with what he's saying but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Great for photography beginners, I learned a great deal when I made to switch to DSLR.

• 2 weeks later...
Ken's got some good articles but tends to be fanboyish sometimes. I'm not crazy about his color management article and how it's completely not important. In a perfect world I'd agree with what he's saying but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Great for photography beginners, I learned a great deal when I made to switch to DSLR.

He also has a tendency to shoot overly bright/saturated photos and will not accept that there is a place for RAW in the world of photography.

I know, it's cause of that I didn't shoot RAW for the longest time. That and because I didn't have any clue of what I was doing with RAW images anyways. Now flash forward a year I'm much more knowledgeable in photography and now shoot in RAW+JPG exclusively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...