Superman Returns

cyrana

11 posts in this topic

1st, no spoilers please. It's out here in the States, but they've got like two weeks in UK, and I'm not sure about elsewhere. :D

I did like the movie, but not as much as Batman Begins. Having said that, I'm still thinking about it, so I guess that says something. :D It is a bit slow at times, but it is a fairly decent character movie, and not as silly as the other Superman movies I saw as a kid.

The Lex stuff seemed only ancillary; not a main point (don't spoil it :) ).

(off topic, but there was no Spiderman teaser, but I thought there was supposed to be one w/the film)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing this one. In general, I think the comic book remakes in the past few years have been better than their old versions (ie Batman).

I was glad that this movie had a bit of a comic-ish feel to it. Batman Begins aimed at being too "realistic," which ruined it for me. They tried to get rid of cliches like "I'll thwart your devious plan now, Joker" and instead aimed for scientific explanations of every little thing, as well as military-style "batmobile." Come on... it's a movie.

Superman was full of comic cliches, but hey... it's entertaining. :police:

Is it just me, or did the Superman outfit look a lot less colorful than it usually is? The "S" symbol looked really faded. Maybe it was because he was away for so long.

I think it's just you, Takuro...the suit seemed really plastic and cartoony to me. It didn't have that "real" outfit look that I like in superman, but more of a feel that it was just a big CGI creation.

That, and his tendency to always talk in a deep commanding voice.

Yeah, in some parts of the movie, superman looked so CGI (even htough he was in those parts) he looked like a rubber doll, but it was a good film, very good

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I think it was TERRIBLE. Was honestly probalby the most predictible movie I've ever seen... Also the plot wasn't great, and it wasn't even a big part of the story.

not as good as expected (my POV, of course)... i mean it's the return of the man of steel, why have lex luthor as villain when they could have super villains like Brainiac, Darkseid, Conduit, Metallo, Mr. Mxyztptlk, or better yet Doomsday? but in fairness, the film ambience was great.