Wirecast

starobrno1

4 posts in this topic

Been trying out the web casting software Wirecast but it doesn´t work so good on my hack it´s really buggy (GA EP45-DS3, Q6600 two 7300 512 mb pcie, 7200 rpm Sata2 drives, Saffire Pro 10 i/o). Has anybody had any luck with it. It can´t find my Saffire Pro soundcard at all.

i have the program, and will try to run it on my xps 420, but first i need to get my sound going at all.

Have you tried adobe visual communicator or HD monitor pro?

They are similar programs for what you may want to do.

good luck,

kNewton

Thanks for the reply.

To get your sound going ok with Wirecast on a hackmac well I actually don´t think it´s possible at all. I´ve tried everything I can come to think of with no luck. What I have had succes with though is Quicktime Broadcaster and the sound I get is just amazing compared to what I´ve heard so far on webcasts. I have to use two computers though, one to play back the sound which I route in to another that streams both sound and video to the internet. This way I can stream music from websites or from my harddrive (I have them both connected to the internet) so this setup works great. Sure you can get very cool video with Wirecast but video is nothing without good stereo sound.

I´ve even managed to stream live online from Logic with good stereo sound in the viewer/listeners end. I even can broadcast live unplugged acoustic gigs that sounds good.

With good sound I mean pretty much the same as it would sound from a CD.

It seems CamTwist does pretty much what you would need if you´re in to webcasting and it´s free so in my opinion it´s a better alternative compared to Wirecast. It´s free but it´s such a good software so a donation is not wrong.

I have two videocards in my computer and first it seemed it did´nt work so good with two videocards but I found out if you just connect your displays in the right order starting from the first card and any additional displays to the last it does work.

If you want to route sound in to the stream it still seems it´s best to use two computers though. Playback a movie and its sound with the stream works ok with CamTwist but if you want to (like I do) stream live gigs with multiple mics/tracks from Logic or music from sites on the internet it´s best to do that using another computer and route that sound in to your broadcasting computer together with the video and up to your webcast channel.