latest Xcode doesn't work for me

5 posts in this topic

Using deadmoo 10.4.? x86-flat installed on a real disk and booted on a P4 (i think it has the SSE2 patch already installed, not sure if my P4 has sse3..) running it in VMWare was WAAAY too slow but it runs OK by itself (still slower than windows XP running in vmware in linux..lol.

The Installer didn't want to install, I forget the stupid error it gave, anyway I ran the .mpkg (?) for DeveloperTools and that installed, but now the .app's (Xcode, and everyhing else) don't run, they just die when I start them, no error.

I think they might be PPC? It seems that Rosetta is missing from my deadmoo x86-flat install. Does anyone know about this or how I can fix it?

My PPC G3 macs don't work right now and I wanted to start Cocoa programming! thanks.

"Deadmoo is 10.4.1. That image is ancient(october '05?). Upgrade to a newer version for better app support and actual rosetta. I recommend JaS 10.4.6."

Can you give me some hint on getting that? The deadmoo image I got from BitTorrent.. a couple months ago. It was the only OS X for intel that I could find. Is there a way to upgrade the deadmoo install without having to download DVD images??

"Current xCode builds only run (and compile for) Intel greater than 10.4.2. You need at least 10.4.3 to run it."

I don't want to upgrade, is there an older version of Xcode that works?? Anyone got a URL for that?

"Current xCode builds only run (and compile for) Intel greater than 10.4.2. You need at least 10.4.3 to run it."

I don't want to upgrade, is there an older version of Xcode that works?? Anyone got a URL for that?

Let me clarify what I meant, Intel builds of XCode pre 10.4.3 will build projects that don't run on 10.4.3 or higher. You need the newer XCode to build for 10.4.3 and higher. It's catch 22 since you're still running beta software, you can run Mac OS X 10.4.1 beta and you can build for 10.4.1 beta, but if you want to build for 10.4.3 and higher, you need to upgrade. Changes were made in 10.4.3 beta before it went final.

You can get the latest XCode free, but you need to get your OS up to standards to run it.

=)