PC EFI V 10.6

edgar87

13 posts in this topic

Alright, i've installed it and this thing messed up my UUID. You know, when you open iTunes and it gives the license agreement like on first install, this what happened. Reverted back to PC EFI 10.5 and things have returned to normal. I'm running 10.6.2 with Chameleon 2 RC4.

I agree that everyone's forks of the Chameleon project should at some point be combined into 1. Here's a link to an unofficial installer I just put together. Just click and install- great for non-Terminal folks.

PC-EFI 10.6 Released: P55 Supported By Default

Thanks again for the great bootloader netkas!

I am in the midst of combining some of netkas stuff to my branch of chameleon , obviously it needs few more work and so.

If you want to post suggestions , etc then post it here http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/

Anyway there is the source code , once you have it , you can diff and compare and then merge the changes you want.

• 3 months later...

PC EFI 10.6 running fine here, thanks for this wonderful piece of software!

I am running vanilla kernel 10.5.8 on a Intel Quad 6600 with NVidia 7300GT graphics, which gets recognised automagically with the GraphicsEnabler option (including QE), internal Gigabit Ethernet on GigaByte EP45-DS3 (F9B) running and power off / reboot working as expected, all without DSDT.aml...

...as the documentation is somehow scattered all over the place, I have one issue on my system I can't seem to get fixed by myself: UID detection - will I get this working without smbios.plist or DSDT.aml?

This is my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-x32 -pci1</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes -pci1</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>