[SOLVED] JMicron JMB363 PCI-E (2-port SATA) not working under SL

flukes1

10 posts in this topic

Just installed this for the 2 extra SATA ports. It seems to be listed in lspci:

02:00.0 RAID bus controller: JMicron Technology Corp. 20360/20363 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)

But neither of the 2 connected drives show up in OSX. I've tried at least 3 different versions of JMicronATA.kext but none have helped. Any ideas?

I should note as well that the missing drives are shown in the Chameleon boot menu, and also in Windows 7.

Edit: the fix was to use AHCIPortInjector.kext and JMicronATA.kext.

Just installed this for the 2 extra SATA ports. It seems to be listed in lspci:

02:00.0 RAID bus controller: JMicron Technology Corp. 20360/20363 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)

But neither of the 2 connected drives show up in OSX. I've tried at least 3 different versions of JMicronATA.kext but none have helped. Any ideas?

Yes you should try the AHCIPortInjector.kext that is for SATA controllers not that one which is for IDE devices.

I put it into /Extra/Extensions, ran pfix and still no drives after a reboot.

No clue what pfix is but if it rebuilds the caches/.mkext file then that was correctly done. One thing to check for is that the PCID of your card matches the one for the Jmicron included in that .kext if not then you need to modify the Info.plist with yours to ensure it will load it correctly, I believe lspci -n should give you the device ID needed.

No clue what pfix is but if it rebuilds the caches/.mkext file then that was correctly done. One thing to check for it that the PCID of your card matches the one for the Jmicron included in that .kext if not then you need to modify the Info.plist with yours to ensure it will load it correctly, I believe lspci -n should give you the device ID needed.

Yes that's what pfix does. lspci -n shows 02:00.0 0104: 197b:2363 (rev 02) for the card.

Should I edit IOPCIClassMatch or IOPCIPrimaryMatch, in the Info.plist? The whole section currently looks like this:

<key>JMicronAHCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<string>JMB363 eSATA AHCI</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AppleAHCI</string>
		<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
		<string>0x01060100&0xffffff00</string>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x2360197b&0xfff0ffff</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>2000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>JMicron</string>
	</dict>

Yes that's what pfix does. lspci -n shows 02:00.0 0104: 197b:2363 (rev 02) for the card.

Should I edit IOPCIClassMatch or IOPCIPrimaryMatch, in the Info.plist? The whole section currently looks like this:

<key>JMicronAHCI</key>
	 <dict>
		 <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		 <string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
		 <key>Chipset Name</key>
		 <string>JMB363 eSATA AHCI</string>
		 <key>IOClass</key>
		 <string>AppleAHCI</string>
		 <key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
		 <string>0x01060100&0xffffff00</string>
		 <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		 <string>0x2360197b&0xfff0ffff</string>
		 <key>IOProbeScore</key>
		 <integer>2000</integer>
		 <key>IOProviderClass</key>
		 <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		 <key>Vendor Name</key>
		 <string>JMicron</string>
	 </dict>

The PrimaryMatch from 0x2360197b to 0x2363197b then your pfix to rebuild and of course reboot then hopefully it will recognize and use the card.

The PrimaryMatch from 0x2360197b to 0x2363197b then your pfix to rebuild and of course reboot then hopefully it will recognize and use the card.

Upon further investigation I found out that the value is combined with a mask which allows 0x236X197b, where X can be anything, so it would match 0x2363197b anyway.

I've got it working now, it just needed both the JMicronATA and AHCIPortInjector kexts at the same time.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Is there a driver or kext that will work on a MacPro? I have an eSata Card with the jmb363 controller and it shows up as an Unknown AHCI controller. It works for a single drive, but doesn't support port multiplying, which is what I need. Any ideas?

Yes you need to buy new card as you have learned the Jmicron cards are not port multiplier capable, I have a Seritek listed in my signature that works wonderfully for this purpose in both 32 and 64bit booting got it from OWC.