G5 to ATX Front I/O Cables

enjoyfebruary

540 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in one of these. Any available? Can you ship USPS to Canada? :)

Make them to order. Ship to Canada all the time visiting USPS international priority mail.

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just letting everyone know that I'm still making cables and just PM me if you need one.

Thanks,

AlohaCab

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to just put up a webpage for quick ordering. No more PM's necessary. Hopefully that helps with communication delays. 

Go to www.g5cable.com

Thanks,

AlohaCab

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Decided to just put up a webpage for quick ordering. No more PM's necessary. Hopefully that helps with communication delays. 

Go to www.g5cable.com

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Are you the one still suppling Front Panel controller cable from the G5 controller to the ATX motherboard?

Yep. Did you have a question or need to order a cable?

AlohaCab

My name is John Foley - I purchased one of your G5 cables a few months ago. I installed it along with an Apple 922-5979 front panel controller.

I installed it a few weeks ago and plugged it into the motherboard. At first it would light the LED on the front panel, but not start up the computer.

I found that the single lead from the cable that connect to the PW motherboard connection would not go low when the Front panel switch was depressed. I deduced that it must be the front panel controller, so I purchased another 922-5979 controller and while opening up the computer to replace that front panel controller I found that a lead from the 18 pin end of the G5 cable hd been pulled away from the connector.

I have tried to identify the manufacturer of the 18 ion connector, without much luck. I can't tell if it' a molex or Amp or what?

I need to fix this G5 cable and I have already emailed you from the web site, but never get a response.

I either need the cable repaired or replaced. What can be done?

John, no problem fixing that. Would you mind sending me a picture of the broken lead? Maybe it's easier just sending you a new crimp-on connector; price of a stamp. Sending the cable back and forth would be costly with tracking. Where are you located? PM me or send me an email at ptchan5@gmail.com and we'll figure something out offline.

• 9 months later...

Hi kjohns68. Yep still making the cables. To make it easier for information and ordering I simply put up a webpage. Go to www.g5cable.com. 

AlohaCab