[HELP] Atheros AR9285 on Snow Leopard

NeOxXx85

32 posts in this topic

Hi . I believe that it is perfectly possible , because i had problems too with this RA9285. Different people report that it works on 10.6.x and it doesnt on 10.5.x . Now it works on 10.6.3 (iatkos s3 v2)

I have try by my own to make this card to work on iatkos v7 but it seems that works only on 10.6.x

I have followed this instructions

1. Find the kext named WIFI_AR9285 . Search for it on kext.com/wireless/atheros9285

2. Find the kext named KextUtility - same site

3. Go to S/L/E and ERASE your current IO80blala.kext

4. unzip WIFI_AR9285 , the result is the driver that you need , it has the same name IO80211family.....

5. move this folder IO80211blabla on S/L/E (just replace the one that you erased)

6. Unzip and start kextUtility .

7. Remember , that i have tried everithing else , but this realy works . i dont know why - i'm just sharing my expirience

8. Reboot.

9. It should work.

I want to tell you that my simptoms was the same - there are airport but there is no networks , or it is impossible to connect . So try this one , hope to help you

This is on ASUS K 50 IJ , but it seems that is possible on almost all machines with the same wireless card

Good luck ,

And thank you people :-)

Hey,

I'm happy that this kext finally works for you guys. But I cannot get it to recognize my card on Asus G51Jx-X3. I installed the kext using kext utility and then repaired permissions, rebooted but nothing. No airport interfaces. Kextstat doesn't say that the kext is loaded so I tried kextload after which it appears in kextstat but vanishes just the other moment.

Here is my system profiler status:

Software Versions:

Menu Extra: 6.2.1 (621.1)

configd plug-in: 6.2.3 (623.1)

System Profiler: 6.0 (600.9)

Network Preference: 6.2.1 (621.1)

AirPort Utility: 5.5.1 (551.19)

IO80211 Family: 3.1.2 (312)

How do I get it going?

• 2 weeks later...
Someone managed to successfully install the Atheros AR9285 under snow leopard 10.6.0?

I am successful changing the Kext ID "2b" to recognize the Atheros AR9285, but I can not find gains no wireless network.

I actually got my ar9285 working out of the blue on 10.6.0 (MyHack)...After trying different kexts for over 2 hrs, I decided to re-install the MyHack SL install primer Kit and after rebooting, was able to connect to my WPA2 home wifi as well as seeing the neighborhood access pts. Airport showing full signal strength...Then, after another reboot, my mouse and keyboard were disabled preventing me from login....Now I'm back to re-installing SL...By the way, i'm using a 1005HA...

As soon as I get the airport back up and running, I'll relay my exact steps taken....

Regards,

Steve

• 1 month later...

frozenbrain I did what you said but it still isn't working properly. When I open up air port it shows all the network and I can connect to my router it just says "No internet connection" I am running SL 10.6.4 on an Asus G60JX

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have an asus 1005ha with 10.6.5 running clean on it. i got ethernet to work but still can't get wifi to work. i downloaded this recent kext and also legacyatheros but still no go. airport works but i keep getting self-assigned IP addresses so no internet.

• 4 weeks later...
Same here running 10.6.5 + changing deviceid from 2a->2b: connected and shows networks but i can't ping anything else then my own ip. :thumbsup_anim:

Edit: switching my router from n-mode to g-mode and it works fine.

That fits what I see here; At work, with 802.11G+WEP, it works well. At home, 802.11N+WPA2, connects but doesn't get an IP. Strange.

• 4 months later...