GMA 4500 - the safest bet for native resolution

anselmoso

42 posts in this topic

Any chance for this to work on 10.5 or should it? just tried and nothing happened still stuck with garbage resolution

What's your notebook model? Graphics Card and lspci output?

Did you try inserting your resolution sting in com.apple.Boot.plist?

I have a laptop with GMA4500. Currently I use chameleon v1.0.12 with Snow 10.6.2. I tried a boot file only and it did not work. How can I updating to chameleon 2.4 ? Thanks

Download Chameleon 2 RC4 pkg and install it. Then replace the boot file at the / (root) directory. That`s it.

IIIIIIIIIIII

ciao and thanks, I had just the one inside /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and modified that one, when I saw it did not work, I did copy it also in /Extra but also there it does not work.. really don't know why... I think the chameleon config is somewhere else.. I did installa chameleon rc3 + PCefi 10.5 while installing hazard 10.6.2, after this I just changed the /boot file with the one I found in your blog.. ???

bye!

EDIT: problem fixed.. dunno why but the active partition was the HFS+ data partition.. it seems hazard installed chameleon also in it.. activated the "Mac" partition and everything is OK now the changes in com.apple.boot.plist work.. :)

I believe I have a similar problem. In the Chameleon boot screen, I believe I am seeing correct resolution 1920x1080, but as soon as the Apple screen comes up, it reverts to the wrong resolution. Can you tell me how you made your OSX parttion active?

IIIIIIIIIIII

I believe I have a similar problem. In the Chameleon boot screen, I believe I am seeing correct resolution 1920x1080, but as soon as the Apple screen comes up, it reverts to the wrong resolution. Can you tell me how you made your OSX parttion active?

hi, I used a bootable restore CD I created in the past with windoze, hyren's bootCD or something like that, by the way it contains many tools including several partition managers (I used ranish) to make the correct partition active. alternatively you can also use diskpart, or any other partition SW I guess..

bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Could we patch Chameleon loader v2.0-RC5?

OK, so I downgraded Chameleon & now with nothing set for Graphic Resolution in com.apple.Boot.plist I get 1280x1024 (stretched on 1440x900 monitor)

If I do input 1440x900x32 then the actual display is 1024x768

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2e12

Revision ID: 0x0003

sebus

How could it affect your dual boot?

Only if you installed it to the MBR & it was not there in first place

Check what is your active partition (if one with SL then only boot file was needed on it!)

Boot Win 7 / XP CD/DVD & repair MBR

sebus

How could it affect your dual boot?

Only if you installed it to the MBR & it was not there in first place

Check what is your active partition (if one with SL then only boot file was needed on it!)

Boot Win 7 / XP CD/DVD & repair MBR

sebus

I don't know but it's messed up. When I select my vista at boot I only get a line of weird symbols. I can't see it in finder anymore either. I tried to repair with two different XP discs and all i get is the blue screen after it loads files. I can't get to the repair utility.