• 313 posts
Any solution for "Still waiting for root device"

itsonlygeorge

itsonlygeorge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Has anyone gotten 10.6.9 to work? I'd love to have iCloud support...

Methanoid

Methanoid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Some great info in this HUGE thread and a real pity that the "guide" referred to in the OP is so out of date. eg it talks of updating to 10.6.4 when we're well past that, then it bolts on a 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 bit.

What about a CLEAN guide for a "from scratch" install to 10.6.8 v1.1 without Voodoo Sound and without mentioning the onboard ethernet not working (when it does with a kext)

I dont have a 1201N yet to try but it would be V helpful if an owner could fix the guides or do a new one.

Has anyone gotten 10.6.9 to work? I'd love to have iCloud support...

What 10.6.9? :wink2:

Uloga

Uloga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'm having a kernel panic before the setup starts:
Unsupported CPU: family = 0x6 model=0x1c, stepping = 0x2
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

I followed your guide.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

Some great info in this HUGE thread and a real pity that the "guide" referred to in the OP is so out of date. eg it talks of updating to 10.6.4 when we're well past that, then it bolts on a 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 bit.

What about a CLEAN guide for a "from scratch" install to 10.6.8 v1.1 without Voodoo Sound and without mentioning the onboard ethernet not working (when it does with a kext)

I dont have a 1201N yet to try but it would be V helpful if an owner could fix the guides or do a new one.

What 10.6.9? :wink2:

It's out of date b/c it was done 2 1/2 years ago! Most people have moved on, including me. My 1201N is setup now using Lion (10.7.4) following this thread: http://www.insanelym...pic=264740&st=0

It's fine to want a better guide for an older OS, but don't expect anyone to feel obligated to do it for you. You should be able to piece together a working system following the info from the available guides. Then you can write about it for others to follow if you want.

Methanoid

Methanoid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I didnt EXPECT someone to do it for me... just wondered if anyone was able to.

FYI. I tried the guide and I can boot into Snow but each time it just spends 30 mins or more sitting at the nice purple screen with the mouse pointer spinning and then occasionally stopping and then spinning again.

That was 10.6 - 10.6.4 and stopping there where the guide said you'd have a working machine. :help:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy