Sound with Intel/ Conexant High Definition Audio?

BuXb

139 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I hope it is okay to post this here, I've ran out of ideas and need some help from some pros. I had my conextant hd audio working in my toshiba satellite p105-26064 laptop great. Headphone out and speakers worked great, no problem. I was not worried about my line in so that was not a problem for me. I upgraded my BIOS to fix a few bugs and then I noticed my USB did not work correct, so I downgraded back to where I was. Now my audio does not work. And honestly, I cannot remember if my audio worked when my BIOS was the newer version or not because I was so worried about getting my USB to work. Whenever I install the Azalia Audio driver it shows up fine just like it used to, but I do not get any sound. It is the strangest thing, it's like it recognizes that it is there but my hardware is not getting initialized. Any help you could offer would be great!

Thanks,

Geiman

• 3 weeks later...

hey, sorry to be another problem in the limitless list of them, but i just got this working a couple of days ago, and it has been KILLING ME.

Heres what i have:

Mac OSX 10.5

Toshiba p105-s6104 which includes

Conexant High defenition audio (14F1 5047

Inel GMA950 graphics (dont care)

Intel 10/100 VE ethernet card (works)

Intel 3945ABG wireless card (doesnt work...yet, hopefully)

EDIT: I was stupid enough to not read ahead, so I put in AppleAzaliaAudio.kext into the extentions folder, and followed skippyretards instructions. well, at first leopard at least SAW that i did have a sound card, but no sound was coming through, and once i put in azalia, it went away. =/ what can i do nowww?

DOUBL EDIT: after finally getting my mac to work again, and reinstalling everything, my computer now finally realizes that there IS sound out, but im not getting anything from my speakers. any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

Taruga needs our help! Please go here, dl the kext and follow the instructs in Taruga's posting.

The easiest is to print out his code so you only have to change some digits on the printout rather than having to write everything down ;)

The more feedback he gets from us, the more likely we will hear something approaching .. ;)

Cheers,

Bugs

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys,

Taruga needs our help! Please go here, dl the kext and follow the instructs in Taruga's posting.

The easiest is to print out his code so you only have to change some digits on the printout rather than having to write everything down :censored2:

The more feedback he gets from us, the more likely we will hear something approaching .. :(

Cheers,

Bugs

I've mentioned it in other post but I think this one needs an update also.

Conexant HDA with iATKOS 1.0i and Azalia kext = very very low sound. Both jack and speakers.

Never tried the newest BIOS (4.20) - maybe this weekend. Probably won't change anything.

Intel Ethernet adapter - with 8254x kext kernel panic; with 8255x endless checking something and failing. // appears in network window though (btw. it's disabled in BIOS)

Gigabyte GN-W01GT (Atheros 5006) - no go with original kexts. // appears in network window though

nVidia - works as a charm with Natit (2nd display via DVI)

PCCard - not working (failing at boot time).

Bluetooth - was not working when doing cold boot

Cheers,

Mik

• 1 month later...

Hi to all

i just install kalway patch 10.5.2 and of course an apple graphic update and everithings works fine (even i get my x3100 fully work with qi/ce) only still not working my audio chipset Ven 14f1 Dev id 5045 i tried all tricks with Azalia_out.kext but no way to get any sound from internal speakers i also tried a HD conexsant audio pkg correct installed but no sound.

Please help i need just it to have a hackintosh full working

• 2 weeks later...

ive installed the azaliapkg..in midi device manager it jus says (apple logo) HD device..

wats weird is that the sound works in leopard (iatkos1.0 10.5.1) if im in vista, restart from vista and boot into leopard. somehow the sound works. it doesnt work when i boot up my pc and boot into leopard straightaway or restart from leopard and boot into leopard.

i wanna get this thing fixed once and for all...along with intel 3945abg network card..frustrating not to have internet.. :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
I'm stuck with the conexant hd audio chipset on my toshiba p105 too. So far nothing has worked at all, but I'll post an update if I find something.

same here, i tried almost eveything being guided by manuals... so far nothing :wacko:

here are my p105-s9722 details - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...200&do=findComment&comment=693272

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a compaq presairo v6000 (v6126ut), celeron Intel M 1.6GHZ with conexant HD audio onboard and intel Pro 100/ve, broadcom wireless b/g Intel 950gm graphics and Intel chip set

Ive used the tiger-flat-img to internal partition on notebook

it boots up fine that way but no sound no network and no 945gm detection but ok at 1024x768 vesa

I tried it also on usb external and doesnt work.. hangs.. so booting to usb drive is doggey with this image

but its ok as 6gb internal drive was do-able using chain0 and grub to boot to the small primary partition

Ive tried all the suggestions to get network and sound going has anyone got this image to work on this compaq model?

network ID is 0x10928086 tried, permissions and copying and editing the files stated here in otherparts of the forum

i would of thought I could atleast get the sound going (windows xp said its ID is 0x504514f1 (i tried editing the kext in skippys from 5047xxx to 5045xxx no luck), and tried skippy and other conexant installers meantioned here.

I suspect this prebuilt image is bad for this model.. maybe need to try lepoard instead of tiger.

so anyone had success

let me know the steps..

definitely need a tool that checks the hardware and downloads/or provides the zips and installs the correct drivers fresh

a gui none of this terminal editing stuff would be good for newbies

• 1 month later...

I was able to fix the problem with the driver only outputting through the headphones, but in a very WIERD way... I have 5047 connexant

I noticed that all along I was getting sound coming out of the headphones, just never checked... I tried and tried and tried to get audio working out of the onboard speakers but it was not working. Untill I booted into windows ( I have dual boot with XP and Leopard). In windows I normally run my sound on mute for various reasons, but I had to do something so I UNMUTED while I was in windows. I left it that way and when I booted back into Mac, I had my sound!!!.

I tested this by booting back into windows, and muting my speakers like normal then rebooted back into mac. My sound was again going through the headphones only. Booted back into windows, unmuted, rebooted into Mac and playing through onboard.

This is wierd because I wouldnt think that the state of the audio would be dependent on a windows state, but the sound card may be using some sort of relay switch or something built into the card that is being set....

Anyway you may give this a try. Hope it helps. Let me know

• Like 1

• 1 month later...