Sound with Intel/ Conexant High Definition Audio?

BuXb

139 posts in this topic

works great for me, VEN_14f1 DEV_5047 just like bugs.

Dude what version of mac os x you running??? I have a hp 1680ea on 10.4.6 and believe that its the same sound card as yours (both ids match anyway) when I try to use your edited Appleazaliaaudio.kext file no matter what I do, when I restart I get an error message about it not being installed properly, but ive done the disk repair and even tried using a terminal (with my very limited knowledge).

Any ideas would be great thanks in advance

Spoke to soon I got it working finally!!! yyyeeess!!! :thumbsdown_anim: pretty much a fully working mac book ;-p just gota get wireless sorted now and the built in camera..... ok maybe thats going a little far! thanks for supplying the kext file skippy retard!!

For those of you getting the same problem I had if you follow these instructions below it should work :-

First copy Skippyretards modified kext file to System/library/extensions/

then open a terminal and type :-

sudo -s

<type your password> then press enter

chmod -R 755 (you can drag the appleazilia kext here from the extensions folder) then press enter

chown -R root:wheel (you can drag the appleazilia kext here from the extensions folder) then press enter

diskutil repairPermissions /

Good Luck :D

After some testing I have found although the sound works using the method I described in my previous post its not permenant :S when the computer is restarted it will start up with a "this driver is incorrectly installed" message, by repeating the steps I mentioned, upon restart the sound will come on again but after another restart it will display the message again and so on. Does anyone know how to make the effects of a chmod, chown permenant?? Thanks in advance

Here's what I use in terminal. chmod -R 755 ... is not necessary by the way because chown -R root:wheel ... includes chmod -R 755:

sudo -s

(give password and hit ENTER; if your password is blank then just hit ENTER)

diskutil repairpermissions /

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

There are twi differences to what you are doing:

1) I always wheel ALL extensions just to make sure ..

2) I have the two kextcaches deleted

Good luck,

Bugs

Here's what I use in terminal. chmod -R 755 ... is not necessary by the way because chown -R root:wheel ... includes chmod -R 755:

sudo -s

(give password and hit ENTER; if your password is blank then just hit ENTER)

diskutil repairpermissions /

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

There are twi differences to what you are doing:

1) I always wheel ALL extensions just to make sure ..

2) I have the two kextcaches deleted

Good luck,

Bugs

Tried this method but the kext still seems to be only installed until the laptop is restarted I then have to do this procedure again in order to get the sound back!!! anyone got any ideas how to make the change permenant??? thanks

Tried this method but the kext still seems to be only installed until the laptop is restarted I then have to do this procedure again in order to get the sound back!!! anyone got any ideas how to make the change permenant??? thanks

When it does work, did you get sound out of the headphone jack, speakers, or both?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!

After doing some searching on the forum I've found out that some people did get Conexant HDA to work so I decided to check it once again. All I've got is a partial success. The sound is playing but it's very very very low (when AppleHDA.kext is not loaded). I think at the moment there's a problem with AppleHDA.kext and layout-id's. I'll try to get it to work today by modyfing the AppleHDA.kext and hope it'll work properly.

Cheers,

mentorek

P.S.

If anyone had got this chipset to work and have working solution (i.e. modified kext) please send them to me ;)

wow how fantastic, mentorek :) !! Yes, AppleHDA is unable to load the Conexant HDA Layout-ID property - whatever that exactly means.

Skippy (together with NeoPheus) is working on it, too, as you can see here

Good luck (and keep us posted :angel: ) !

@ mac fly: Toshiba uses altering IO and/or memory ranges in its Laptops' chipsets, so the AppleAzalia-solution does not work with the Conexant HDA in Toshiba Laptops.

I have the same on my HP DV1708NR with the same driver & device id's.. My sound is working, but NO MIC or LINE IN support.. Under System Preferences it shows No Input device available..

I've even tried using a USB Mic which is completely independent of the Sound Driver I would think, and that wouldn't take either.. Any clues?

@ mac fly: Toshiba uses altering IO and/or memory ranges in its Laptops' chipsets, so the AppleAzalia-solution does not work with the Conexant HDA in Toshiba Laptops.

Also doesnt work with my Toshiba M100, which is a realtek.

Hi, i got a hp dv2017ea laptop. tried skippys kext thing but get no sound, just error saying its installed improperly. any help please?

Have you tried to repair permissions on this new kext?
# chown -R root:wheel brand_new.kext
# chmod -R 755 brand_new.kext

Cheers,

Mik

wow how fantastic, mentorek :) !! Yes, AppleHDA is unable to load the Conexant HDA Layout-ID property - whatever that exactly means.

Skippy (together with NeoPheus) is working on it, too, as you can see here

Good luck (and keep us posted :) ) !

Hello BugsBunny and the rest of Conexant HDA users,

After doing loads of different modification of kexts and trying to get this piece of {censored} to work I'm still with nothing :unsure:

I've tried all possibilities, even binary hacking of the detection part of kexts with no success.

But... I've done some work under Linux and I've got it (the Conexant chip) to work with acpi enabled. I know that you all want to get it working under OSX but it might be some thing to think about. The answer to get it to work was modyfing DSDT table and loading it when booting kernel (using initramfs). After that I have the sound and acpi working together what makes me happy :)

BTW. I'm using Toshiba Satellite P100-219.

I don't know if it could be useful for OSX but I'm sure that may explain some problems with our hardware.

Cheers,

Mik

P.S.

Yeah, I know that it isn't Linux forum but I wanted you to know that the problem might have connections with buggy BIOS/DSDT in our machines.

P.S.#2

I've switched to another WLAN card (using ar5006egs chipset) but it isn't working (I get: "kexts loaded unsuccessfully" message when trying to load the Atheros kext). Anybody with working solution?

Hi mentorek, thanks for your efforts & your report. Nice you got it working under Linux. I never heard of DSDT. My naive idea would be to edit DSDT within Mac OS x86. But probably you have thought about that already, but DSDT cannot be edited here as easy as with Linux I guess ..