Sound with Intel/ Conexant High Definition Audio?

BuXb

139 posts in this topic

Release: Modified BIOS to try and activate the Conexant sound chip in models of the Toshiba P10x series

compiled by Kabyl and myself - working on my P100-102 :blink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys,

Taruga needs our help! Please go here, dl the kext and follow the instructs in Taruga's posting.

The easiest is to print out his code so you only have to change some digits on the printout rather than having to write everything down :angel:

The more feedback he gets from us, the more likely we will hear something approaching .. :whistle:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many people got this working with one of skippyretard's drivers or with what Taruga is doing - just give it a shot :whistle:

Development with the AppleHDA approach is going on now right here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have read through some different threads about this topic about the Intel HDA from different manufacturers. On my Laptop it's the AppleHDA.kext that fails to load (tried kexts from 10.4.5 to 10.4.7, no difference). Most people's approaches did not result in a decently working soundcard, if at all, even though some people even binary-hacked the driver itself.

Just wondering if anybody had success in "producing" a working driver for the conexant HDA series.

Anyway, here's my specs from within Windows-dxdiag:

Description: Conexant HD Audio output

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5047&SUBSYS_1179FF31&REV_1000

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

that means: Vendor-ID: 14F1 | Device-ID: 5047

Thanks,

Bugs.

Edited by BugsBunny

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem with HP dv2000t, same Conextant HD audio device.

I managed to get the os to "recognize" the hardware (added ven & dev id's to AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, removed AppleHDA.kext), the volume can now be adjusted, but there is no sound.

Same problem with HP dv2000t, same Conextant HD audio device.

I managed to get the os to "recognize" the hardware (added ven & dev id's to AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, removed AppleHDA.kext), the volume can now be adjusted, but there is no sound.

Hi vpvl66. Why didn't you add ven & dev id's to the AppleHDA.kext and keep that one instead? Or you tried that and nothing happened at all?

right, that's what I have figured out by now, too .. :(

Keep in mind that with almost ANY computer, compiling Apple's SamplePCIAudioDriver code without modification usually makes any sound controls (buttons, knobs) work by default.

• 3 weeks later...

googling for ATISB400 kext did not bring about ANY result, the search for ATISB400 brought some asian sites. Turbo50t, could you please be a bit more specific and just post the link to the "site with the instructions" in here?

Or even better: could you please upload the ATISB400 kext you are talking about (as .zip or whatever archive)? You can even attach a file to your posting here in the thread.

Thanks,

Bugs.

[EDTI] hm, you mean ATI SB 400 .. ?

googling for ATISB400 kext did not bring about ANY result, the search for ATISB400 brought some asian sites. Turbo50t, could you please be a bit more specific and just post the link to the "site with the instructions" in here?

Or even better: could you please upload the ATISB400 kext you are talking about (as .zip or whatever archive)? You can even attach a file to your posting here in the thread.

Thanks,

Bugs.

[EDTI] hm, you mean ATI SB 400 .. ?

Here you go had to find it, you know how it goes, can't remember on which harddrive and folder. Hope it helps, just follow the included instructions. I used method 3.

ATISB400_.zip

I usually don't post files if they are already listed on the site, and yes I know how to attach files

Ya I shouldn't have said googled, I found it here on this forum somewhere don't remember it's been months since I got it.

It will either work or it won't some people had success others not.

well your laptop does NOT contain the same soundchip we are talking about here: you have the "basic" version from Conexant (AC97), we have the Intel High Definition version which cannot be loaded with the AC97.kext, only with a modified HD.kext (AppleHDA.kext or AppleAzaliaAudio.kext). Up to now there is no kext yet which would load our soundchip with the Vendor & Device ID 0x14F15047, and just adding the ID in the appropriate .plist does not help .. :(

Bugs.

• 3 weeks later...
just add 0x27d88086 to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/info.plist and remove AppleHDA.kext
Which audio-card do you have, skippyretard?

I have tried what you said quite some time ago

find the key "IOPCIPrimaryMatch"
Now edit the string below and add your IO controller hub ID
<string>0x26688086 0x27d88086</string> (The second ID is for the Intel 945 chipset)

After saving the file go to \System\Library and remove Extenstions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext
They will be rebuild after rebooting. Also remove AppleHDA.kext from the Extensions folder.

Now reboot and you should have sound!)

but that didn't help .. :D From what I know by now is that this solution works with the Realtec but not with the Conexant HD Audio ..:(

works great for me, VEN_14f1 DEV_5047 just like bugs.
skippyretard, could you please compress your AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and attach that archive to your next posting? I am starting to get curious .. :blink: . Maybe I am using the wrong version of AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, 'cause permissions etc. were set correctly ..

Thank you

PS: I won't respond till the weekend 'cause I am out from now on

• 2 weeks later...