[GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G41M-ES2L (USB Method)

DaveVegas

134 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this amazing guide! I managed to run Snow Leopard without any problems. Successfully updated to 10.6.6. But the only problem I'm facing is sleeping. I put sleepenabler.kext in \Extra folder and it works but not as it should be. After clicking the Sleep option/button it goes to sleep and I am able to get back to work with my PC but there's a one problem - this red button on my computer keeps "glowing" all the time. And if I try to go to sleep again, surprise it's not working. Does anyone know what am I supposed to do?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
HI, Has anyone done a 10.6.8 update on the ES2L as yet?

How did is go? Any trouble?

Thank you!

no problems at all. just remember to remove your sleepenabler.kext and you should be fine. i did my update (via software update) just yesterday on 2 of my es2l. good luck!

no problems at all. just remember to remove your sleepenabler.kext and you should be fine. i did my update (via software update) just yesterday on 2 of my es2l. good luck!

Many thanks!

Has anyone started the Lion adventure on the ES2L? Just trying to work out if I need to on any of my machines?

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...