[GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G41M-ES2L (USB Method)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

pacman3

pacman3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
i cant get ethernet to work using this guide any ideas?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Have you repaired permissions and did you use my post installer?

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I can't get snow leopard to recognize my pci wmp54g v 4.1 wifi card so getting this modem you suggested would be pointless now. Thanks for your help anyway tho.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
What wireless card are you using with this?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
nandor are you asking in general or someone specific a guy I work with bought a card for his build slightly different but a gigabyte board I will find out today which one he has it was recognized natively with no additional work needed I just don't remember what card it is wireless N though I know that.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
sorry i thought i replied under davevagas' post to me about Netgear WNDR3700 router that he uses, i was just wondering what card he used with said router. but thanks if you do find out.

repukken

repukken

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Ridgeline, you think you can make the Boot CD Windows friendly? Like make it into an iso? I tried converting the dmg to iso and it doesn't seem to work very well in my favor. Unfortunately I don't have access to a mac or linux so all I have to work with is Windows 7. Thanks for your help in this

dumpav

dumpav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Alternate CD Method

Okay for all of you that would like here are is my boot cd.
Simply burn a copy insert this at the GUI eject the boot disc and insert your mac disc.
Hit f5 after it has had a few seconds to spin up and select the install disc and proceed with your install.
After you complete the install at reboot reload the boot cd. this time at GUI select you Mac HD
once the system boots up run my post installer. I have a simple install and and advanced install. Simple should work for almost everyone. You will have vanilla speedstep and sleep with this method and your system will boot 64bit. There is an option under the advanced install that allows you to select if you woul rather boot 32bit. Also video fixes in the event Graphics Enabler does not work for you. This was designed for a core 2 duo processor and your quad core may require additional info in the dsdt. If so please contact me and we will get this squared away I just do not have a quad core at the moment.

P.S. if you have an issue with the boot cd burn it to a DVD this worked for me.

Reboot and enjoy please post any problems or questions.
Thanks
Download Here

thanks ridgeline, just want to know when i should use your boot disc?

should i first insert your boot disc to the cd rom and boot it first? before insert the SL retail dvd/usb drive?

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Still working on wireless for this motherboard running snow leopard 10.6.2, and is still not working. ;)

MX5

MX5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Followed the steps, but the computer wont boot from the flash drive. Bios reads it, but when I choose the flash drive, it tries to boot, but then goes to the other options to boot from.

Any ideas?

xlazOne

xlazOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
First of all sorry for my english.

Does somebody have try to update to 10.6.3 after following this guide ?

Thanks for yours answers.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Sorry guys been busy and working on something else, I will make different image file that can be burned by mac and windows and pending on your install you can update to 10.6.3

If you have sleepenabler remove it
It will break audio but mostly you will just need to reinstall the applehda.kext from 10.6.2
If not using dsdt may cause other issues

smokozuna

smokozuna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I updated to 10.6.3 without any trouble at all. Everything is working perfectly here.

xlazOne

xlazOne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks

I updated to 10.6.3 without any trouble at all. Everything is working perfectly here.

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ridgeline,

I took out the SleepEnabler and successfully updated to 10.6.3. I originally used the guide by DaveVegas. I downloaded the new 10.6.3 sleepenabler and tried to install using Kext Helper. The program freezes and cannot restart. I have to force quit Kext Helper. Any suggestions.

I also tried your "Gigabyte" Installer but cannot find the SleepEnabler like "MyHack". Do you have this added??
I also tried your DSDT. When I use MyHack to try to fix it, after 10.6.3, I get KP. I was able to manually remove the bad SleepEnabler using my iMac and able to boot it up again. How do I get the right SleepEnabler installed??
I think there was a point where i dragged the sleepEnabler to Extra folder and it would sleep, but when I wake it up, it reboots. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

This is my setup:
Mobo G41M-ES2L / E6500
4GB PC6400 Crucial
ASUS 8400GS 512MB
750 WD SATA
Pioneer DVDR IDE (sleep worked when 10.6.2) ;)

Thanks
:(

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay well I am glad your update went well first off you should not randomly switch back and forth between post nstaller program. With my post installer it includes my dsdt which should work great based o. Your build and you should not need sleep enabler. You should have native speedstep and sleep.

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thanks Ridgeline... I was a little confused while following this post. I will try your installer and see what happens. Native sound and sleep will definitely be a plus. I will let you know what happens. Im going to start from the begining...

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Just a quick note if you update to 10.6.3 you will need to reinstall the applehda from 10.6.2 for sound I will add this in my next revision.

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
ridgeline,

I re-installed osx and used your "Gigabyte" post installer, standard.

I also updated to 10.6.3. Sound works great!!! Sleep seems to work, but when I woke up the computer by wiggling and clicking mouse, the computer reboots. I tried a couple of times and it reboots all the time when waking up the computer.

What am I doing wrong?? Do you have a guide??

thanks for your help....

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
actually

sound doesnot work now at 10.6.3

can you post a guide....

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy