serious wifi troubles

silversoul

1 post in this topic

im trying to install iatkos 10.5.7 on two seperate machines. toshiba laptop and dell mini 10v netbook

both have:

intel 945gm graphics

intel 945 (ich7 chipset)

broadcom 4312 wifi (one is mini pci, netbook is half mini pci) i also have atheros ar9285 wifi (mini and half mini)

toshiba has intel pentium t2080

mini has intel atom n270

did clean install on both. install went fine on both no problems. both boot and start osx fine. heres where it gets tricky. i used efi for intel from installl dvd(on usb flash drive) for graphics. on toshiba it works fine. vid card recognized, kexts loaded, qe/cl work. (dont crucify me if i get terms wrong lol) all ok on toshiba. i tried using the same efi string for mini and it will not support qe/cl and will not load kexts. i get base video on mini 800x600. so thats a little funny since both the netbook and the laptop use the same igp. next is the wifi. the toshiba came with atheros and it didnt work so i swapped it out for a working broadcom 4312 out of another hackintosh laptop which died (i know it worked cuz i used that card with wifi with no problems). the mini also has a 43xx broadcom. i installed the same kexts as i used on the broken hackintosh and neither the toshiba nor the mini wanted to power up wifi. theY saw the card came up as airport third party in sys profiler. but no wifi all it did was sHOW OFF AND WOULDNT LET ME TURN IT ON. so i swapped to the atheros (both the netbook and laptop) to no avail downloaded kexts didnt work. so im rready to whip the both of these out the window. someone please help. this is a really odd situation.