QuickBooks Back-Up Problems

Joshua Sebastian

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

I am at my wits end with this problem. I have tried everything including anything listed on the QuickBooks support site to no avail. Here is the problem:

An old PowerBook G4 in the office had HD problems to the point that fsck could not correct corrupted data problems. So, in order to get it to at least start-up so I could migrate the data on to a new MacBook I had to install 10.3 and archive the previous system.

After doing so I attempted to back-up the QuickBooks NUE 5 (7.0 R2; I know, very old, but I just started this job and had no control over software usage). The back-up was successful but when I transfered it over to QuickBooks 6.0 (updated to newest version) that was available for the new MacBook it would not restore the back-up. I then tried to verify the back-up and data within it. QB said that nothing was amiss so I backed-up again and tried once more. Still will not open it. It continually gives me either "Your data was not restored." or "QuickBooks can only open QuickBooks data files." when attempting to open it on any other Mac within any other QB version (we do not have another mac with that exact same version and it is not available online so I cannot migrate like to like).

The data on the laptop is still there and can be opened but cannot be transfered and opened by any other Mac running any other version of QuickBooks.

Ideas? Had similar problems? I appreciate the help.