SnowyWindOSX Final

Dalton63841

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I just thought I would let everyone know that SnowyWindOSX is finished. Check out the insanelywind.com forums for more information.

Verified to give a perfectly working 10.6.2 install on the MSI Wind and all its clones, as well as the Dell Mini, and possibly other netbooks!

Simple as burning the disk, install, and reboot. Leaves you with a perfect install. If you choose a GPT partition scheme, then you can install an included package to remove all the hacks from the filesystem, and set up the EFI partition for you.

Not hard to create a Vanilla distro really. I installed Snow from a retail disk onto a partition along with the 10.6.2 update, then wrapped that partition into a package. Then it was as simple as creating a package that identifies the EFI partition, to install the bootloader and kexts onto.

That is how I can tell you that it is truly Vanilla!

This distro has also been proven to work on the Acer Aspire A150

Hey guys! I just thought I would let everyone know that SnowyWindOSX is finished. Check out the insanelywind.com forums for more information.

Verified to give a perfectly working 10.6.2 install on the MSI Wind and all its clones, as well as the Dell Mini, and possibly other netbooks!

Simple as burning the disk, install, and reboot. Leaves you with a perfect install. If you choose a GPT partition scheme, then you can install an included package to remove all the hacks from the filesystem, and set up the EFI partition for you.

I may be doing something wrong, but the wireless drivers (for my RT2860) say "for Leopard", and won't install on my wind, so I can't get a wireless entry in my Networks System Preferences. Any ideas what to try?