[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I hope it's the right section

I have a problem, I follow the guidance in detail, and when you install snow leopard 10.6.7, select Italian language, I said mac osx can not be installed on this computer.

someone can help me?

HO risolto!!! il problema erai il dvd leopard, ora ho installato, leopard retail da USB e tutto procede bene, ma ieri sera mi è successa un'altra cosa: mentre installavo con [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], lo schermo mi si è diviso e mi sono apperse delle scritte su sfondo nero, ho riavviato e non è più partito.

qualcuno sa cosa può essere stato?

hackintosh SL 10.6.3 no audio, video a 1024x768! tutto il resto sembra ok!

• 4 weeks later...

SO im having issues with sleep.

Sometimes it will restore fine and have no problems. Other times it freezes on the login prompt with the swirling colour palate thing and the only way to fix it is to reboot.

Any ideas

Edit.

Okay I just updated to Lion. Everything is running smoothly, apart from the two issues that were present on Snow Leopard anyway.

> Restoring from sleep is sketchy and almost never works.

> My second GPU (GTX 470) only has one functioning DVI output. Although it has 2 DVI ports and a HDMI port, only one works, and only two are displayed in System Profiler.

@ErmaC

Im still using that DSDT you made for me a while back. The strange sound card I had was the cause of the whole issue. When I removed it both of my cards started working and were listed again correctly.

Could this be related to the broken sleep/second dvi connector?

Edit2:

Nevermind, I got sleep to work. (or did I. Finder seems to crash about 10 seconds after restoring :/)

Still no joy on the second DVI connector. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Im using p6td deluxe, autopatched dsdt, macpro 4,1

I guess my copy/write speeds are ok, but i found the interface navigation really slow when theres a Hard drive activity.

I friend of mine told me about disable Quartz beamsync, and the interface becomes faster..but not enough.. i still feel the slow effect... its worst between 2 harddrive transfers..

Lost a lot of time until now

please help

link for project osx:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...amp;&do=findComment&comment=15530

• 1 month later...

Hello, Im getting a checksum error, I have the IDE DVD drive in slave. I burned the latest version of the distro.

specs:

Asus p6t Deluxe v2

i7920

nvidia gtx 285

Ive done this before actually and I forget how it was resolved. Unfortunately either this or another site has deleted their old messages. Hopefully someone can answer this simple question. Believe me, ive scoured the internet for an answer and have yet to find one. many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Im having a problem with the internet, it frequently is slow and fails to connect to websites. However it does work, as begrudgingly as that may be. Is there anyway I can solve this? Perhaps a new network card?

Also the driver for my cd drive didnt work. Is it because I am on IDE. I was able to install the sl through an old dsdt that I had burnt previously. However, the dvd drive still does not work even now in the OS.

All help is deeply appreciated. This problem is really keeping me from spending any significant amount of time on this partition.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Im using p6td deluxe, autopatched dsdt, macpro 4,1

I guess my copy/write speeds are ok, but i found the interface navigation really slow when theres a Hard drive activity.

I friend of mine told me about disable Quartz beamsync, and the interface becomes faster..but not enough.. i still feel the slow effect... its worst between 2 harddrive transfers..

Lost a lot of time until now

please help

link for project osx:

http://www.projectos...amp;#entry15530

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Fabio,

could you please help us? :help:

Original link in your post are broken and we need for i7 950 + P6T SE under Snow 10.6.8:

- DSDT

plus E/E:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-SE.kext

and S/L/E:

AppleHDA.kext

We usually use Chameleon RC2 853

Our original configuration lost some file and now we got a lot of Kernel Panic :-(

Thanks a lot in advance,

APCTK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've got an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 / i7 core 920 / 24GB DDR 3 133Mhz RAM all running fine on 10.6.8 following this guide a long time ago. I just bought a core i7 980 that I want to swap in. I see I will need to apply some DSDT patches and/or patch the kernel to get it working. The attachments for DSDT for core i7 980 on third post don't seem to work, can anyone provide a link?

If I just swap the new CPU in and don't change anything, will it boot at all? or boot and only see 4 cores? Actually I can live with all cores not seen under OS X, I'll reboot to Win7 for heavy rendering, I just want to get it up and running at same speed as current or better by easiest method.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys ! Thanks for all your work ! my bootloader i think is working fine and my bios settings are correct because if i use my grey 10.6.6 disc after bootloader i boot perfectly , however , i get an error saying "mac os x cannot be installed on this computer" and option only to restart . from what i've read my grey disc can only be used on my laptop , dunno if thats true ? I Have tried countless versions and any other version that i have from all sources panics and gives me this error and does not reach the os install screen :

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff80002cef74): Kernel trap at 0x 0000000000000000000000000000000000000.....

Do i have to buy a different version ? If anyone knows anything let me know thanks in advance .

I am using bootloader boot 132 v 1.15 which i got somewhere on this site .

My Specs are :

Asus P6t deluxe v2 Core i7 920 @ 2.66

OCZ reaper 6gb ddr3 1866mhz (only using 4gb duing install)

Evga Gtx 295 1792 mb

1.5tb caviar green (unplugged during install)

500gb seagate barracuda(plugged in on sata1 during install)

Thanks Guys

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm also looking for the latest DSDT. Can anyone help provide it?

Anyone who might have downloaded it before?

Also, does anyone know if that latest DSDT works on ML?

Thanks

the other lion thread that superseeded this... all my ML is working fine...

• 3 weeks later...

The links are dead.. Reupload please?

tks!!

I added an untested ISO file to the first post, as is. Just came across an old hard drive with the stuff on it, it's not 1.15 but something I was working on after that.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...