• Pip
  • 4 posts

Follow these final intructions man:

http://www.insanelym...00#entry1706166

regards

Rodrigo

I did. His latest.

*EDIT*
I managed to make it work by installing HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.
I thought it wasn't needed and the strange thing is that when I removed it and rebooted my system everything
still worked...So there was either a problem with Kextcaches not updating or some strange bug in selecting the audio output in system preferences...

*UPDATE*
I think I've found a bug in the latest version of AppleHDA from 10.6.8.
If I play something in iTunes and then start some movie in Mplayer (with AC3-stream) and then quit Mplayer the sound stops working in iTunes and every other "normal" application. If i start the movie again the AC3-stream plays without problem. This is when using the optical SPDIF.

Solution: Get AppleHDA from 10.6.7 (1.9.9f I believe) and put AD2000b.kext, HDEFEnabler.kext HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.

flipim

flipim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
It must be used origial retail DVD? Or I can download and burn it?

kirika

kirika

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It must be used origial retail DVD? Or I can download and burn it?

That's illegal and besides Snow Leopard and Lion is like €30

flipim

flipim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

That's illegal and besides Snow Leopard and Lion is like €30

Lion by what i read wont be a DVD Version...

And Snow Leopard i see it right now at applestore 50€, I just want to know if it works with non original, because i will try diferent versions to install.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,530 posts

I did. His latest.

*EDIT*
I managed to make it work by installing HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.
I thought it wasn't needed and the strange thing is that when I removed it and rebooted my system everything
still worked...So there was either a problem with Kextcaches not updating or some strange bug in selecting the audio output in system preferences...

*UPDATE*
I think I've found a bug in the latest version of AppleHDA from 10.6.8.
If I play something in iTunes and then start some movie in Mplayer (with AC3-stream) and then quit Mplayer the sound stops working in iTunes and every other "normal" application. If i start the movie again the AC3-stream plays without problem. This is when using the optical SPDIF.

Solution: Get AppleHDA from 10.6.7 (1.9.9f I believe) and put AD2000b.kext, HDEFEnabler.kext HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.

Are you completly sure that in your DSDT is present the correct HDEF "stuff" the problem you say before can be relate to this..

Fabio

kirika

kirika

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Are you completly sure that in your DSDT is present the correct HDEF "stuff" the problem you say before can be relate to this..

Fabio

Yep. Everything works beautifully with the older kext from 10.6.7 as I state in my updated post.
There seems to be a bug in which the optical SPDIF-port doesn't work correctly with AppleHDA from 10.6.8.

S/PDIF Output not working after playing movie with Dolby Digital

Issues with 10.6.8?

Lion by what i read wont be a DVD Version...

And Snow Leopard i see it right now at applestore 50€, I just want to know if it works with non original, because i will try diferent versions to install.

You can easily make a bootable DVD of Lion. And that is no excuse not buying it. That's the risk for wanting a cheaper Mac. One of them. :P

rev4turbomonster

rev4turbomonster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi guys,

First off want to say thanks for this guide have had snow leopard running perfectly for around a week on my system. I have it set up for dual boot with windows but it has been running that well I haven't even bothered finalising all my settings and programs in windows yet. I do have a couple of niggles I'd like some help from you gurus with please.

1) USBs on boot up my keyboard is working as is my mouse external hard drive and web cam and printer. However if I plug my phone in (iphone 3gs) or my samsung galaxy s it will charge them but not recognise them or load them onto the system. It seems to work the first time you do it from booting it up but will not do it again after this. Is this a fault that can be fixed and if so how.

2) I am also thinking of buying the wired aluminium apple keyboard with number pad as it frustrates me having the @ key displayed in the wrong place on my keyboard at present. My question is are there any other keyboards available with the apple layout and if so where can I get one from as ideally I would like to get it in black to match the case monitor and mouse etc.

3) my ram speed is showing at 800mhz but it is actually 1066mhz is there a way to get the ram to operate at the correct speed

4) I ran geekbench the other day and got a score of 7455 is this good?? and is it acceptable for my spec of system

Thanks a lot for your help guys really great site you have here. Look forward to your responses

Matt

spec

asus p6tse i7 920 12gb 1066 mhz ddr3 nvidia gt9500 1.5 tb hard drive partioned to 2 x 750 gb further 1gb external drive

Hi guys,

First off want to say thanks for this guide have had snow leopard running perfectly for around a week on my system. I have it set up for dual boot with windows but it has been running that well I haven't even bothered finalising all my settings and programs in windows yet. I do have a couple of niggles I'd like some help from you gurus with please.

1) USBs on boot up my keyboard is working as is my mouse external hard drive and web cam and printer. However if I plug my phone in (iphone 3gs) or my samsung galaxy s it will charge them but not recognise them or load them onto the system. It seems to work the first time you do it from booting it up but will not do it again after this. Is this a fault that can be fixed and if so how.

2) I am also thinking of buying the wired aluminium apple keyboard with number pad as it frustrates me having the @ key displayed in the wrong place on my keyboard at present. My question is are there any other keyboards available with the apple layout and if so where can I get one from as ideally I would like to get it in black to match the case monitor and mouse etc.

3) my ram speed is showing at 800mhz but it is actually 1066mhz is there a way to get the ram to operate at the correct speed

4) I ran geekbench the other day and got a score of 7455 is this good?? and is it acceptable for my spec of system

Thanks a lot for your help guys really great site you have here. Look forward to your responses

Matt

spec

asus p6tse i7 920 12gb 1066 mhz ddr3 nvidia gt9500 1.5 tb hard drive partioned to 2 x 750 gb further 1gb external drive

inovice

inovice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Motherboard - P6T Deluxe 2
    Processor - Intel Core i7 980x
    Memory - Corsair 1600C7...
@rev4turbomonster

[inovice] First off, please edit your post, you posted twice.

Hi guys,

[inovice] Did you try launching iTunes with the iPhone connected? Is your iphone a jailbreak phone?

[inovice] It should not, you can select your appropriate keyboard when you boot for the first time/using system preferences and keyboard ( system preferences is on the dock)

If you are looking for Apple Alternatives, please try Matias

[inovice] Download latest Chameleon

[inovice] lol, what type of question is that? But yes, it is perfectly fine, please use MacPro 3,1 or 4,1 in plist.

Matt

[inovice] Please amend you sig.

spec

tompad

tompad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!

Anyone knows a guide for this motherboard with lion?

camoguy

camoguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Hello!

Anyone knows a guide for this motherboard with lion?

The lion section on these forums has a sticky, "Lion installation vis USB stick using Chameleon", I just followed it. Lion is working on my p6t deluxe v2, following ifabio's aka ermac's 10.6.8 sound fix, i just got the onboard audio working.

lee majors

lee majors

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

ok "fix" it

And now is completly fix as 10.6.7

All updated 10.6.8 working sweet as.

Fabio, thank you so much for your efforts. You rock.

hugeschnauzer

hugeschnauzer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

The lion section on these forums has a sticky, "Lion installation vis USB stick using Chameleon", I just followed it. Lion is working on my p6t deluxe v2, following ifabio's aka ermac's 10.6.8 sound fix, i just got the onboard audio working.

I suppose we just need to upgrade to Lion, since we have 10.6.8 running perfectly yet..??

tks!

inovice

inovice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Motherboard - P6T Deluxe 2
    Processor - Intel Core i7 980x
    Memory - Corsair 1600C7...
@hugeschnauzer

All I can say is that LION GM works perfectly with our mobo, there will be a guide for installation in due time. Same as SL, let`s wait for the official release first, then we can proceed with a detailed-guide for LION on P6T :)

Raymond Lai

Raymond Lai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I am totally TOAST... Please save me ..

After update via system update to 10.6.8 , no sound like everyone of you, except that, everything works fine.
I followed the steps from Fabio on page 82 , sounds came back but all the HDD icons turn to yellow removable drive icon.

I also checked post #4 and replace ALL the plist file, Internet no longer works.
The downloaded file is named "info-1.plist" I modified it back to "info.plist" and replace it in the corresponding locations.

Please help :P

hugeschnauzer

hugeschnauzer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

@hugeschnauzer

All I can say is that LION GM works perfectly with our mobo, there will be a guide for installation in due time. Same as SL, let`s wait for the official release first, then we can proceed with a detailed-guide for LION on P6T :P

Ok man! tks!!

I thought that Lion installation for 10.6.8 users acts like a update.. hehe
tks

regards

carleycr

carleycr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
I followed Fabio's directions to the T....and I even tried to do it over again installing the update again and stuff...ran the kext utility and restarted...still no sound. I dont have orange icons for my drives anymore which is good, but still no sound. very frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas or advice I would much appreciate it. My webcam with built in Mic works, but no output to speakers.

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,530 posts
Off topic.
I made a guide for LION (ITALIAN)
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261334
based on tseug scrips installation method.
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=259068
End Off topic

Fabio

st3p

st3p

st3p

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Music-Psytrance-Composing
Hi everybody! Hi iFabio!
So, me too, some problem with audio & network: followed the guide at post 4 (i was using kexts in /Extra) and both network was gone...so I went back to the old kext from 10.6.8 upgrade using pacifist and edited the file by hand as dgobe suggested in his first guide looong time ago:

sudo nano /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Find <key>Yukon-88E8053</key> and make it <key>Yukon-88E8056</key> (change 53 to 56)
Find <string>0x436211AB</string> and make it <string>0x436411AB</string></key> (change 62 to 64)
Find <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA</string> and make it <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA</string> (change 53 to 56)
Hit ctrl + o and then enter to save the file, then ctrl + x to exit nano.

Network fixed.
Than audio: worked af first reboot using Fabio's suggestion, but after second rebbot...no audio again.
Tried several times to repatch and replace the files...nothing...at firs boot it works, than, bye bye audio.
I went back to the old kext from 10.6.7 with patch & ad2000b.kext in /E/E
Now everything works...but i'm still asking myself why at secon boot audio goes nuts...

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,530 posts

Than audio: worked af first reboot using Fabio's suggestion, but after second rebbot...no audio again.
Tried several times to repatch and replace the files...nothing...at firs boot it works, than, bye bye audio.
I went back to the old kext from 10.6.7 with patch & ad2000b.kext in /E/E
Now everything works...but i'm still asking myself why at secon boot audio goes nuts...

I use digital S/PDIF for the output...

but I find a problem...(On 10.6.8) input
Example: If I use the program Skype to get work the mic I have to unplug and replug the "connector" and after this the mic works...
Maybe similar problem with the speakers?

Fabio

st3p

st3p

st3p

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Music-Psytrance-Composing

I use digital S/PDIF for the output...

but I find a problem...(On 10.6.8) input
Example: If I use the program Skype to get work the mic I have to unplug and replug the "connector" and after this the mic works...
Maybe similar problem with the speakers?

Fabio

Hi Fabio, I use the analog back output. It works at first reboot, at second...bye bye. Very strange.
Anyway...I reverted back to old config with kexts in /E/E...it's just a matter of taste, but I prefer it like that, you don't have to re-patch everything at every update...using Pacifist and the 10.6.8 Combo UPD, I went back to all previous unedited kexts in /snow/system/extensions. The good old ad2000b.kext & the audiopatch.sh are doing the job for me with the back analog output :-)
Haven't tested input yet, I use it for skype only & I've a bluethoot headphone 4 that pourpouse!
Anyway, this machine is working good now and I'm writing from it ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy