[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

OK this is good...

just one question... why your GFX is not plug in the BLUE slot but in the white? no matter just curious...

I try to make a DSDT injection for your card...

Fabio

:D

opssss: I see now you have a P6T SE... so no I no remember if is a BLUE o WHITE slot... ...

try add this:

[size=1]            Device (PEG7)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00070000)
               Device (GFX7)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x03000000)
[color="#0000FF"]                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x1C)
                           {
                               "AAPL,slot-name", 
                               Buffer (0x0A)
                               {
                                   "PCI-E 16x"
                               }, 

"@0,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@0,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-A"
                               }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@1,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-B"
                               }, 

"NVCAP", 
                               Buffer (0x18)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"NVPM", 
                               Buffer (0x1C)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
                               }, 

"device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x0D)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,GeForce"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer (0x17)
                               {
                                   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275"
                               }, 

"rom-revision", 
                               Buffer (0x09)
                               {
                                   "DSDT ROM"
                               }, 

"reg", 
                               Buffer (0x78)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0020 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 
                                   /* 0028 */    0x14, 0x00, 0x03, 0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0030 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0038 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0040 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0048 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0050 */    0x24, 0x00, 0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0058 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0060 */    0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x30, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0068 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0070 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x00
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }  [/color]                  
               }

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
               {[/size]

Where do I add this? Do I have to use DSDTSE?

Where do I add this? Do I have to use DSDTSE?

YOU NO FEELING WITH THE DSDT RIGHT? :excl:

HERE--> 3.3.P6TSE.930.GFX7_275.revnelson.aml.zip

(delete graphicsEnabler stuff in com.apple.Boot.plist before using this DSDT)

Fabio

Hi,

upgrading to 10.6.4 was no problem. I also had to use the audio fix. But I have a problem with WOL.

WOL is not working at all. I have checked the energy settings. With Windows I had no problem. Is it possible to get a fix for that?

I don't want to spend 2000 € for that fix because I get used to OS-X :D .

Hi

Wake-on-Lan (aka WOL)

Onestly I have no Idea about that...

Your system go correctly in Sleep mode? (S3)

but you need to wake it via LAN right?

You already look if someone solve this "issue" and HOW with and HACK.

take a look here maybe help you...

Fabio

Thanks Fabio. I had to learn that a Macintosh only awakes if you set it to sleep. In Windows it was also possible to wake up from shutdown. But that seems to be impossible for a Macintosh.

Now I have a different problem, my Firewire 400 is beeing seen from OS-X but if I connect an external harddisk it wont work. Strange isn't it?

Also will there ever be a fix for the memory display? We don't use DDR 2 in our machines. It would be so nice to have that fixed :P

OK, I created an EFI partition on my 120GB drive and having trouble booting from it?

I followed this guide:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649.0.html

from the chameleon site to create the EFI partition using chameleon v2.0 RC4, copied over the fakesmc.kext, dsdt.aml and P6T-Deluxe.kext from iFbios post at the beginning of this thread but I get errors about unable to load kexts and then waiting for root device and SerialATA timeout? Booting from the chameleon CD gets me into Snow Leopard.

Can someone explain or point me to what files (kexts, smbios etc) I need to copy to the EFI partition for the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 to boot from HDD into Snow Leopard?

I tried installing the P6T Deluxe Installer v1.15.pkg file from the bootcd in the first post to my EFI partition but even though I had it mounted and could access it I could not install to it, it was not a listed drive? It was mounted correctly from Terminal:

sudo -s

diskutil list

mkdir /Volumes/EFI

mount_hfs /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EFI

What am I doing wrong?

I also seem to be having issues with my SATA devices hanging when accessed, just tried to access some info in System Profiler about Serial-ATA and now have the 'wheel of death' spinning??

Hi BarryB,

You seem to be drifting way away from this guide and appear to be making it all to complex.

Basically everything you need is in dgobe's installer accept AppleViatta & latest Audio patch

iFabio's post list's some alternative's to some of the kext's in the installer (that I use).

Providing only the basic's are installed in the recommended slots/positions & the bios set as

the Guide shows you should have a working install. The only terminal cmd you should need

with your basic install is " sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions ". dgobe has included a

file on boot solution problems. Booting with -v will list any problems during boot if there is

any, but you have passed this point successfully.

Your Spinning wheel problem seems most unusual ?? Maybe there is a mouse or keyboard

compatibility issue.

If you are looking in System Profiler for problem's I would suggest this is the wrong place and

would think you use System Preferences for what I think you are trying to do. System

Profiler can be edited later to your personal install (please search this one for yourself) whereas

System Preferences let's you know what is recognised/ working or set up etc..

Once basic install running add other devices 1x1 making sure each works before moving on.

Multiple GFx cards like yours has been done but is not part of the basic install & will take some

research time (try the InsanelyMac firefox pluggin if you find the above search bar troublesome).

Good Luck

What am I doing wrong?

The installer expects to be installed to the main volume. The ethernet patching script and probably some other dependencies expect to see /System/Library/Extensions and the usual file system instead of a blank formatted EFI partition. The result will be a system without ethernet connectivity and probably some other issues.

Do it the easy way and forget about the EFI partition until you have everything working. Use iBdb's suggestion to remove the 2nd video card for the install and then search for getting 2 cards working. You'll also have to search for a kext for your sound card...the audiopatcher will do nothing for an external PCI/PCI-E card. It only works with the built-in sound chip on the mobo. Once you have a basic install working, you can go from there.

If you want to use the EFI partition you would just move the /Extra folder and the /boot file onto the EFI partition, manually install the boot blocks and set the EFI partition active.....in my opinion, not worth it.

Your SATA issues are probably because the DSDT isn't loading properly after your failed attempt at an EFI partition install. That problem was the first thing EVERYONE ran into when going to Snow Leopard. THe KiNG came up with a DSDT based patch that solved the problem.

Ok, iBdb and dgobe I went back to first base and followed the guide implicitly. I removed the 2nd GFX card, disconnected my SATA Windows HDD, disconnected my IDE DVD-ROM and SATA Blu-Ray drive and set BIOS to the guide and removed all overclocking and voltage tweaks back to AUTO settings. Booted off the Chameleon v1.15 CD and installed SL 10.6.3 to my 120GB SATA HDD, partitioned it into 2 GPT drives and installed SL to the first partition called 'Boot' the second I called 'Backup' just to make backups. I believe the EFI partition is now blank as I created new partitions on the drive so it should have destroyed all data that was on it!

Not sure what happened during the install but my monitor turned off half way through so couldn't see the rest of the install, went away then came back and it's stuck on booting from CD, rebooted and hit F8 and booted into SL via bootcd and got into SL, installed the P6T Deluxe Installer v1.15.pkg and did the touch s/l/e thing to get network working and rebooted back in SL using HDD and not the CD, so the booting from HDD is solved.

All seemed ok so updated Safari and Java via Software Update and rebooted back into SL, have not applied any sound fixes yet!! Installed Intellipoint 7.1 for my M$ mouse so I could use the thumb buttons for browsing forward/back pages in Safari, rebooted and all seemed Ok but I still encountered the 'stuck disc' problem, maybe it's the chameleon bootcd on the CD-RW I burned it too as it seems to do it with that in the drive? It will be OK for a while as I can eject/close the DVD but if I leave it in for a while it gets stuck? Nothing will eject it as trying to right-click on the icon on the Desktop will just cause the spinning wheel of death and then the system slowly dies and it's press the reset button to get out of the mess of programs not responding and not being able to Force Quit anything!! Not going to put that CD again in and try other discs and see if it happens again!

As to that DSDT patch by THe KiNG, is it built into the chameleon CD or is it something I need to apply myself?

Thanks for the advice/guidance as I'm now typing this from within SL and 'stuck disk' problem aside nothing else has given me a problem, yet ;)

Now should I try a Software Update to 10.6.4 or not?

As to the EasyBCD program, do I really need it as I can set my boot drive in my BIOS to boot my windows install and use F8 to boot into my SL install.

Hi BarryB

X'lent well done. Use Time Machine (turn Auto update off) or other backup then update to 10.6.4 as per directions a few pages back. All should run smooth, if so update backup then start adding other things & save after each success. :D

I believe THe KiNG's DSDT patch is included in the DSDT with dgobe's installer.

Thanks dgobe for adding audio fix for onboard not pci/e card.

Just wondering..... I'm going from a Evga 9800 GT 512MB to a HDTV, using a DVI-HDMI cable.... With in my Windows 7, I get image....but with in MAC OS-X SL 10.6.4, I get just a black screen.....I can use this system with other monitors just fine....and I can hook a mac-book to the tv just fine......any thoughts???

Dear all,

I'm trying to install my second graphic card (2xBFG nvidia 250 GTS 512MB) GFX3 alone works great, GFx3 + GFX7 doesn't work (black screen)

Currently I'm using DSDT 3.3 by iFabio

1) I tried to use GFX string by aqua-mac, he identifies the two graphics, but without QE / CI. When I use OpenGL Extensions Viewer It identifies him as Apple and memory: 0MB.

2) I tried DSDT 3.1 by iFabio and Kn6600 (for people using 2 GFX). Same problem

3) I tried to make a DSDT injection for my 2 cards (BFG nvidia 250 GTS 512MB) (upload) but GFX3 alone works great, GFx3 + GFX7 doesn't work (black screen)

What I'm doing wrong?, someone could give me a help?

Kind Regards

dsdt3.3_920.GTS250.GFX3_GTS250.GFX7.zip

Just wondering..... I'm going from a Evga 9800 GT 512MB to a HDTV, using a DVI-HDMI cable.... With in my Windows 7, I get image....but with in MAC OS-X SL 10.6.4, I get just a black screen.....I can use this system with other monitors just fine....and I can hook a mac-book to the tv just fine......any thoughts???

You would be better asking this in a Guide/Topic that is specific to your card. I can confirm for you that my borrowed

Gigabite 9800 GT 1GB works with both HDMI & DVI-VGA dongle. My Sapphire 4870x2 will ONLY work with DVI-DVI

connection & 32bit mode. Although my monitor does not have DVI connection this was confirmed for me by others using this card. On other connection type in S/L it just boots to a black screen (note S/L is still running just no video)

Great thread, I have to admit much of it is over my head.

I did however manage to do a successful install on my ASUS laptop (sig) by using Empire EFI and a vanilla Snow Leopard that I have updated to 10.6.3

Graphics seem to work well at 1080x1920 by forcing the res, although not sure if I am using them optimally.

Wireless is kicking my butt though. Internally I have an Intel 1000 BGN which seems to be a big no-go. I tried to get a Belkin F5D8053 USB wifi dongle and use the drivers and info given in this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=94315 but I seem to be having USB issues at startup.

- Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily, v1.9: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

- Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v3.9.6: already have loaded v9.9.9.

I have to pull out the wifi dongle at the end of boot and startup as it sticks on the blue transition screen so the desktop will show. Then plugging the dongle back in gives no effect, it doesn't show in the wifi utility.

Not sure if any of this stuff is useful or helps but I sure need some help getting some kind of solution for wireless on this machine as I am learning XCode and iPhone SDK so I need to access the web for tutorials etc.

Dear all,

I'm trying to install my second graphic card (2xBFG nvidia 250 GTS 512MB) GFX3 alone works great, GFx3 + GFX7 doesn't work (black screen)

Currently I'm using DSDT 3.3 by iFabio

1) I tried to use GFX string by aqua-mac, he identifies the two graphics, but without QE / CI. When I use OpenGL Extensions Viewer It identifies him as Apple and memory: 0MB.

2) I tried DSDT 3.1 by iFabio and Kn6600 (for people using 2 GFX). Same problem

3) I tried to make a DSDT injection for my 2 cards (BFG nvidia 250 GTS 512MB) (upload) but GFX3 alone works great, GFx3 + GFX7 doesn't work (black screen)

What I'm doing wrong?, someone could give me a help?

Kind Regards

the M2.5 still a good alternative...

Fabio

Hi Tamed G,

Your hardware is not compatible with the content of this guide so I'm not sure you'll find an answer here. A quick

look at the link you included shows the Belkin USB was set up for Leopard not Snow Leopard although some appear

to have it working on S/L. Read that thread carefully (it's only a few pages). If no solution found wait for a reply from there.

I've now enabled all my overclocking tweaks: XMP profile for RAM, BCLCK 200 with 18x multiplier, CPU Voltage 1.25v, CPU PLL Voltage 1.86v and only run into 1 issue, after a couple of hours surfing then converting some BIN/CUE files to ISO with bchunk I decided to apply the 10.6.3 audio patch from the Chameleon CD I made but when I went to System Preferences it just bounced in the Dock and wouldn't load and then nothing else would load until the system died again with the spinning wheel of death :(

Rebooted and audio then worked, so downloaded the 10.6.4 update (not the combo one) and updated to 10.6.4 which went OK, booted back and did the 10.6.4 audio patch and rebooted again and no problems so installed STEAM and downloaded my copy of Half Life 2 and played that with sound and no problems other than when I quit the game it said the application had stopped responding.

Today I've plugged back in my IDE DVD-ROM and Blu-Ray Writer, any chance of Blu-Ray playback in Snow Leopard though? Both drives are recognised and so are any discs inserted so will see how things work out when I use them more!

I also installed Photoshop 5 and Office 2008 and both of them load and work fine. The odd crashes and hangs are still worry as I'm not 100% confident in the stability, but generally things work!

Is there an 'Event Viewer' like in Windows to see what apps etc have caused problems? I've looked at Console but can't really see anything in there, what's the best way to find out what's caused a crash or hang?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSDT v3.3 (stripped optimized code with SpeedStep)

Reduced the SS code

Correct some minus error in previus version.

ONLY FOR: P6T Deluxe v1, P6T Deluxe Palm, P6T Deluxe v2 & P6TD Deluxe

May, 15 2010

(thx/credits for test and edit to: mauriziopasotti, kn6600, dgobe)

i7 920 --> HERE <--

------------------

I suggest use this version of FakeSMC with MacPro4,1 keys (modded by smith@@)

FakeSMC.kext --> HERE <--

A legacy edited it contains AD2000B.kext and OrangeIconFix.kext all-in-one

P6T-Deluxe.kext --> HERE <--

-------------------

So we need:

In Extra/Extensions you need:

- FakeSMC.kext

- P6T-Deluxe.kext

- AppleVIAATA.kext (OPTIONAL)

In the dir System/Library/Extensions you need owerwrite your AppleHDA.kext (original 10.6.3) with this binpatched by smith@@

- AppleHDA.kext --> HERE <--

----------------

I can't download this, can you help me please?

Hi guys!

Could anyone please tell me how to make my hackintosh boot in 32bit by default?

I bought UAD-2 QUAD card and those wont run in 64bit.. aaaargh!!

Tried pressing in 3 + 2 during boot. No luck.

Tried changing com.apple.Boot.plist @ Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

</dict>

</plist>

No luck... =/

Try updating that same file in /Extra

Use arch=i386 and -x32 in the kernel flags, one of those should work.

In System Profiler, if you click Software it will say 64 bit and extensions: no .....if it worked.

Also if you have version of Chameleon with Preference Pane this can be done very easy with this.

In System Preferences > Chameleon > Advanced. Need to click lock & enter password to make

changes, set arch to ' i386 '. Lotsa other cool options from here too. :)

EDIT: Chameleon Preference Pane found is System Preferences > Other..

BarryB usually when you force quit a non responding prog. with S/L you should be presented a

'Report to Apple' option select 'details' (triangle) this will have the info you are looking for.

Thanx guys, had to change the same file at /Extra to make it boot in 32bit mode. Now my UAD Quad works like a charm =)

I have to ask even tho it might be slight off topic, but since it concerns my Hack build through this guide.

How do you guys know if everything is working as it should when it comes to preformance and stability. I have no experience with real Macs and really dont know what to expect.

Is there anyway you could test your preformance or if any kexts or mods is needed?

You know.. i just do exactly what the guide said on page one. Added graphicsenabler and now also modded for getting it into 32bit mode. It works great, but Cubase crashes sometimes, havent tried so many other program this time. (Reinstalled yesterday)

Regards Cyn

& you guys freeking rock for doing this!! =D

BarryB usually when you force quit a non responding prog. with S/L you should be presented a 'Report to Apple' option select 'details' (triangle) this will have the info you are looking for.

I've seen that but I mean when the system has froze with the spinning wheel of death and you have to reboot. Is there a log of what happened anywhere?

the M2.5 still a good alternative...

Fabio

Ciao iFabio

I tried several DSDT's, however for the fully operation with 2 graphic cards, only DSDT M2.4, DSDT xxxx (old forum by wziard) and DSDT 3.1.4 works for me with gfx strings.

I tested others DSDT (3.1.2, 3.1.3, M2.5, 3.2.1 and 3.3) all work (GFX3) with graphicsenabler, GFX strings, and DSDT inject, when tested with 2 graphic cards (GFX3+GFX7) with these methods above, they don't work for me.

Grazie

Goku