[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

@MrSato

There isn't an easy workaround for the RAID. You could purchase a RAID card and run your Windows drives off of it....maybe get one that's supported by OS X too with enough ports to use with both OS's if you wanted. Kennyman will have a guide sometime soon for the Highpoint RocketRAID cards.

@lwddevil

There is a Multiboot forum that you should visit and make sure you have important data backed up before you try anything.

@phongxu

Have you tried the arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n boot flags that were detailed earlier? If that doesn't work you can pull one of your video cards to get it up and running. Use Google to find how to get SLI working. Not having a supported video configuration will be the biggest obstacle to a successful installation.

@ryzerx

The PS/2 kext is loaded in the ISO but it's not copied by the installer package...I'll change that for the next installer.

There is plenty of information out there waiting to be found with Google...

Just wanted to Thank dgobe & iFabio for an excellent tutorial. I am a newbie when it comes to hackintosh. I followed your guide it works great only issue was my Logitech PS2 keyboard would not work in SL changed keyboard out to an USB logitech and now its flawless. All updates to SL are downloaded and installed. This install is making my friend that just purchase an 27" iMac green with envy.. LOL :superman:

27" iMac ??? the new iMac? with i7 processor???

Maybe your friend can help us with some dump of "bios"

If is possible... very appreciate...

Fabio

dgobe - thx

IFabio - Yes my friend is taking delivery of a new iMac 27" with the Intel i7. He is not a technical person when it comes to computers. I can ask him still and assist him possibly.

We can give you explicit instructions. Just ask him for a drink and when he leaves the room you can get to work. Feel free to PM me.

dgobe - thx

IFabio - Yes my friend is taking delivery of a new iMac 27" with the Intel i7. He is not a technical person when it comes to computers. I can ask him still and assist him possibly.

What I was looking!

Just the i7 :angel:

dgobe can explain you how to!

For me the language (I'm italian) stopped me.

There is a script for autodump on osxproject!

We hope good news .. :(

bye for now... (I go to sleep)

Fabio

I installed Snow Leopard on my machine ... I had no

problem, I am writing this post from Mac, thanks to

all those who made possible this method

My machine:

Asus P6T Deluxe v1

Intel I7 920

3 Gb DDR3 Corsair

XFX Geforce 8800 GT

Samsung 500 Gb SATA II

DVD RW LG GH22

SyncMaster 2443BWX 24"

Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II

The boot loader is a blend of Chameleon and PC EFI with patches from AsereBLN. All credit to him for his work. These patches will be in the next release of Chameleon and PC EFI.

That's great news for everyone who would like to attempt this, but still feel it is beyond their skill level. I truly believe anyone who can create and send email can accomplish this using your guide. I would, however, recommend moving your final fixes/troubleshooting steps to before the first reboot. I think those steps need to be taken (someone let me know if yours didn't require them) anyway, and it probably wouldn't hurt if they didn't need to be done, but were done. That does mean opening a terminal, which is the scariest thing ever to some PC/Mac users, but....

That's great news for everyone who would like to attempt this, but still feel it is beyond their skill level. I truly believe anyone who can create and send email can accomplish this using your guide. I would, however, recommend moving your final fixes/troubleshooting steps to before the first reboot. I think those steps need to be taken (someone let me know if yours didn't require them) anyway, and it probably wouldn't hurt if they didn't need to be done, but were done. That does mean opening a terminal, which is the scariest thing ever to some PC/Mac users, but....

That was a judgement call on setting the partition active. In my testing, if I zeroed the boot sector and partition table prior to the install I was able to boot successfully even with no active partition. I could do the same if the disk was originally partitioned with Windows. BUT, if it was original setup with Chameleon I was required to flag the partition active. I figured it was the safest way to do it for people that might not follow instructions.....have their Windows drive attached during the install e.g. I can actually automate that part in the installer but took the conservative approach.

Until now I've had no feedback from people on whether the extra steps were required or not. If most people have to perform the extra steps I can change it.

Can someone explain how to boot Windows 7 from Chameleon?

Mac and Windows 7 are installed on separate hard drives!!!

Thanks!

Chameleon finds It automatically. No need to configure anything.

PiSToL

Chameleon finds It automatically. No need to configure anything.

PiSToL

I see the hard drive of Windows 7 on Chameleon, but when you press to boot I get a message (NTLDR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart).

If I boot Windows 7 directly if it works!

I see the hard drive of Windows 7 on Chameleon, but when you press to boot I get a message (NTLDR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart).

If I boot Windows 7 directly if it works!

A standard Windows 7 installation will create two partitions, System Reserved and the file system partition. If you have a System Reserved choose it to boot Windows 7 in Chameleon. If you do not have a System Reserved partition make sure your Windows 7 partition is flagged as active.

Changing partition flags is simple but risky always backup your data when reconfiguring your hard disks.

After I boot the mac os disc from chameleon I get a bunch on syntax scrolling down the screen followed by a light blue screen is my hardware incompatible

Asus p6t deluxe v1

i7 920

wd velociraptor

nvidia 7950gt 512mb

ahhh please help id really like to run logic in 64 bit mode on a hackintosh

After I boot the mac os disc from chameleon I get a bunch on syntax scrolling down the screen followed by a light blue screen is my hardware incompatible

Asus p6t deluxe v1

i7 920

wd velociraptor

nvidia 7950gt 512mb

ahhh please help id really like to run logic in 64 bit mode on a hackintosh

Help!

I'm also getting what i think is a Video Problem.

I'm using the Chameleon CD method. I also get a lot of syntax followed by a black screen!

one of the last things on the screen is:-

"Bootcatchecontrol: could not unlink playlist /var/db/bootcache.playlist:read only file system

Bug: launchctl.c: 2325……………………………..

systemShutdown false"

it pauses on this for a while, there isa bunch of stuff after that but its only up for a moment.

any idea if it could be my video Cable? as i'm coming out of the DVI into a VGA and on to the display.

I only ask as i've had a similar issue b4 with a different card on a previous Hackintosh.

anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

Can you please add the Dual Boot possibility to this tutorial ?

I've installed OSX by the 2nd method (USB Flash Pen) everything was ok but then, when I installed Windows 7 in the second partition of my disk the darwin disapeard.. and i can only access it by booting from the USB flash pen at BIOS...

Can you help me getting darwin bootloader working with both OS's without booting from the USB Flash?

Thanks for this tutorial, everything is working so fine like my original macbook !

@npedrinho

When you install Windows 7 after OS X it overwrites your MBR code.

Use the pen drive to get into OS X

EDIT: Now that I think about it, just re-run the installer, it will do this step for you.

Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal.app and type in:

mount <Enter>

You'll see a list of the mounted filesystems like this:

/dev/disk0s3 on / (local, journaled)

/dev/disk1s3 on /Volumes/Backup HD (local)

The first one is your root filesystem, indicated by the /. Yours may have different numbers in the device.../dev/diskXsY

Run:

sudo fdisk -f /usr/standalone/i386/boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX <-replace X with your device number.

Use at your own risk!

@quantox

defconbeats found a solution, did it work for you? Maybe you should mention that. If not, pull one of your video cards and you can deal with getting SLI working later. I don't have the hardware to test.

@dgobe and maitaijim,

Thanks a lot! Everything is working like a charm! And the click-and-done Installer Package really makes the whole process so damn simple, it's almost too good to be true :censored2:

Keep up the good work!

Hey Fabio,

I would say release it. The more people that use it the faster you will find any problems. I will create a new installer and maintain the old one. That way people can just run the old installer if they need to revert. You are doing an outstanding job so far, thanks for your hard work.

@npedrinho

When you install Windows 7 after OS X it overwrites your MBR code.

Use the pen drive to get into OS X

EDIT: Now that I think about it, just re-run the installer, it will do this step for you.

Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal.app and type in:

mount <Enter>

You'll see a list of the mounted filesystems like this:

/dev/disk0s3 on / (local, journaled)

/dev/disk1s3 on /Volumes/Backup HD (local)

The first one is your root filesystem, indicated by the /. Yours may have different numbers in the device.../dev/diskXsY

Run:

sudo fdisk -f /usr/standalone/i386/boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX <-replace X with your device number.

Use at your own risk!

@quantox

defconbeats found a solution, did it work for you? Maybe you should mention that. If not, pull one of your video cards and you can deal with getting SLI working later. I don't have the hardware to test.

Thanks dgobe,

I removed a video card and used arch=i386 to boot and every thing is now working fine.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this work

Hey Fabio,

I would say release it. The more people that use it the faster you will find any problems. I will create a new installer and maintain the old one. That way people can just run the old installer if they need to revert. You are doing an outstanding job so far, thanks for your hard work.

Ok done.

You can find it in the first post of this guide ..

Fabio

First of all, many thanks dgobe and iFabio for the instructions and the tools! I now have an almost-functional hackintosh. I say "almost" because there's one slight problem... It won't boot from the hdd.

System:

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

Core i7-920, 2.66GHz, non-OCed

OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV6GK, 6x2GB PC3-12800 DDR3

XFX HD-487A-ZWFC HD4870 1GB

WD15EADS Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA2 drive, single-partition.

ASUS DRW-24B1ST burner

Machine booted via Chameleon, Snow Leopard install went fine, everything (sound and network included) appears to be recognized, but the system returns an "error boot0" message when I try to boot from the hdd. Booting from Chameleon disk and selecting the hdd lets me boot successfully, but no luck otherwise.

Rebooting and rerunning DSDT has no visible effect.

I tried the fdisk fix suggested upthread, but get a "resource busy" error. Booting up from the SL DVD, I was able to unmount the hdd and edit it in fdisk. It told me there was no valid MBR on the partition, which I created.

At that point, fdisk did not report the partition as being detected (I presume due to its being unmounted?). I saved the MBR changes and restarted. The new state is even less encouraging: Black screen with a flashing cursor when trying to boot from hdd.

Still able to boot via Chameleon/hdd combination, but once again, unable to edit the partition via fdisk due to "resource busy" error.

I can still do a total wipe and reinstall, if that's what it takes to fix it. I also haven't yet tried the CPU-independent DSDT patch -- would that be a good idea?

Thanks!