[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

is there any chance to get the marvell sas contoller on raid-0 working?

by the way, thank you all for your hard work ;)

I try a lot of time the SAS controller on P6T Deluxe(v1) but no chance we need (probably) a kext make just for this...

I disabled it in the BIOS (because change dinamically the address with other device if is swithed on make little conflict with DSDT address patch... no matter but there is little change of address...)

Fabio

-----

So guy no problem with the 10.6.4 ? all have sllep and shutdown ? still works same as 10.6.3????

:ninja:

Fabio

Here's a patcher....untested.

10.6.4audiopatcher.zip

Just drag and drop the shell script onto a Terminal window.

thanks for that...

updated to 10.6.4 rebooted...

lost sound

applied patch

rebooted

and now working fine... have shutdown - never use sleep...

thanks again guys...

strange that imacken didnt have to use the patch...

Thanks for the Audio Patch, it worked like a charm.

Also, on the GPU issue, I tried many things, I think the issue is at Kernel level. I tried 10.6.3's KEXTs (got them from a Time Machine backup) and that didn't change anything. Also, I noticed this in my System Profiler under PCI devices:

GeForce GTX 280:

Name: NVDA,Display-B

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x10de

Device ID: 0x05e1

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x3842

Subsystem ID: 0x0010

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

It appears to be using it as a PCI device instead of a PCI-E device (depsite it shows up as one in the Graphics part of the System Profiler , but I am guessing that's the Graphics Injector at work). I noticed it does seem to be a bandwidth issue too since if I use cl_showfps on the Valve games it will jump between 30fps or lower, up to as high as 170fps and back down to 30fps or lower.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering, is there any way to fix this problem? Nothing with my setup has changed since 10.6.3 and it was running perfectly before the update.

I just checked in my spec to see how it looked over there:

GeForce GTX 285:

Name: NVDA,Display-B

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x10de

Device ID: 0x05e3

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x10de

Subsystem ID: 0x0010

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

Im such a noob. But ive been thinking about getting a "real" Mac Pro.. is there any benifit of using a real pro over Hackintosh? Thing is that im not sure that my system performs at its best.. feels like it should be doing a bit better when im running Cubase and Logic.. but im not sure.

Just tried Geekbench and got 11500p.. not sure what that says tho haha.

Hi All,

Firstly much thanks to iFabio, dgobe, smith@@, Dr. Hurt and the many others who have put in a huge

effort & many sleepless nights into making this possible. :D

I finally got my system up & running smooth on 10.6.0 (As in sig.HDAkext10.6.2v) with a borrowed 9800 GFx card. After trying many options

hopefully I can get my 4670x2 running too, hopefully with iFabio's 3.1.2 + EFI when I can work out EXACTLY where

to Remove then Add my string using 'Property List Editor'... Unless somebody has a known fix for this GFx card.. :rolleyes:

..and yes I've spent close to a month researching everywhere for a solution.

dikoy is ATIFrambuffer, ATISupport, ATI4800Controller kexts the only mods you have to support your card ? Do you have Graphics enabler = Y or N & do you get full resolution from which outputs. (I have tried these but could of missed something).

10.6.4 Update has been a failure for me. :( I get consistently about 24sec into restart & the dreaded no signal Black Screen happens. :rolleyes:

-v shows all loading well till yukon audio 3 lines quickly scroll & Boof she's gone no time for error's displayed. I've been at this for nearly 14hrs, used up my patience & plenty of Download Gig's. Have tried direct update & pkg + many variations of my USB installer & boot solutions +++. Is it Possible I may have to update to 6.1-6.2-6.3 then to 6.4 ??

Otherwise should I add smith@@'s new kext to Update pkg first ??

Any help greatly appreciated (for me to try after some shut eye)

Thanks Dave

I see Cynical, now I am really scratching my head on this one. Especially if its running just fine for you with a 285 GTX, and that listing is almost identical.

EDIT: It looks like its not just me, even genuine Mac owners are experiencing some problems. After all this, I used a Time Machine backup and rolled back to 10.6.3, everythings working like a charm again. But even Valve is warning against this when you launch Steam:

"June 18th, 2010

ALERT - Mac Users

The recent 10.6.4 update from Apple has noticeable performance issues for NVidia graphic chip owners running high performance games. If you wish to avoid this, you should consider waiting to install the 10.6.4 update until Apple has had the opportunity to address this issue. Full details of what is contained in the 10.6.4 update can be found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4150. If you have already installed this update and believe your graphic performance is affected, please contact Apple support (http://www.apple.com/support/) for details on what to do."

I try a lot of time the SAS controller on P6T Deluxe(v1) but no chance we need (probably) a kext make just for this...

I disabled it in the BIOS (because change dinamically the address with other device if is swithed on make little conflict with DSDT address patch... no matter but there is little change of address...)

Fabio

-----

So guy no problem with the 10.6.4 ? all have sllep and shutdown ? still works same as 10.6.3????

:D

Fabio

thanks for your quick reply.

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=882

on this site i found out that there should be a kekt (The Kings Rocket Raid) and that the onboard SAS works in 32-bit mode but isn't bootable. it's for the p6t7 mb but it has the same sas controller as the p6t deluxe.

after 10.6.4 update audio worked witch the audiopatcher, sleep and shutdown as fast as hell ;)

greez, fabian

dikoy is ATIFrambuffer, ATISupport, ATI4800Controller kexts the only mods you have to support your card ? Do you have Graphics enabler = Y or N & do you get full resolution from which outputs. (I have tried these but could of missed something).

10.6.4 Update has been a failure for me. :( I get consistently about 24sec into restart & the dreaded no signal Black Screen happens. :)

-v shows all loading well till yukon audio 3 lines quickly scroll & Boof she's gone no time for error's displayed. I've been at this for nearly 14hrs, used up my patience & plenty of Download Gig's. Have tried direct update & pkg + many variations of my USB installer & boot solutions +++. Is it Possible I may have to update to 6.1-6.2-6.3 then to 6.4 ??

Otherwise should I add smith@@'s new kext to Update pkg first ??

Any help greatly appreciated (for me to try after some shut eye)

Thanks Dave

I have GraphicsEnabler = Y and those 3 kexts and that's about it (gfx card is sapphire 4870), I get full res with QE/CI

I have GraphicsEnabler = Y and those 3 kexts and that's about it (gfx card is sapphire 4870), I get full res with QE/CI

Thanks dickoy

Mine is Sapphire 4870 too only x2 version. Knowing your's all work QE/CI & all gives me new inspired hope I can

somehow get my card fully operational with our MoBo etc combo. :unsure:

Thanks dickoy

Mine is Sapphire 4870 too only x2 version. Knowing your's all work QE/CI & all gives me new inspired hope I can

somehow get my card fully operational with our MoBo etc combo. :unsure:

checkout netkas.org as well, I believe he has patcher for 4870x2

hello everyone! total noob here but from my early experiences with PC, i'm thinking about flashing the ROM of the frustrating ATI4870 into the Mac version to solve the display problem permanently with every update. anyone has any ideas? :wallbash:

checkout netkas.org as well, I believe he has patcher for 4870x2

Thanks looking into this now. There 6.2 & 6.3 links were removed, the 6.4 version is already crossed out

but link active. one report of 4870x2 (brand not specified) work with QE+CI but only one core. I'll have a

go over weekend.

ruoxi5

I've read some on flashing ATI card's with 2 reports of working 4870's (1 x2version) card recognised as 4870 Mac

versions. Flashing does not always appear to solve update problems see netkas.org. I was unable to find out if

flashing my 4870x2 would render it permanently as only one core. Because of this reason (& the risk) I've been

trying to keep this option as the absolute last resort.

Answer is do some google search first & if your willing to take a chance do at your own risk, but Please report

your results back here..

Hi Fabio,

Please excuse my Google Translate to Italian. Could you Please answer following for me.

Does your DSDT+EFI 3.1.2 version have a conflict with Viaata kext as reported for 'non' EFI 3.1.2 version.

Secondly when replacing your GFx EFI with the one I created for my card How is this added back in ?

I have read directions (kn6600 I think from mem.) but don't have a clear understanding of what the final step is.

Many Thanks in advance..

Ciao Fabio,

Ti prego di scusare il mio Google Traduci in italiano. La prego di rispondere come segue per me.

Il tuo DSDT + EFI versione 3.1.2 hanno un conflitto con kext Viaata come riportato per 'non' EFI versione 3.1.2.

In secondo luogo quando si sostituiscono GFX EFI con quello che ho creato per la mia scheda Come si aggiunge indietro nel?

Ho letto le direzioni (kn6600 penso da mem.) Ma non hanno una chiara comprensione di ciò che è il passo finale.

Molte grazie in anticipo ..

epic failure flashing my visiontek ati4870 512mb :) now system wouldn't boot... used tools on http://www.groths.org/

attached vids of asus debug card with and without the doomed graphic card...IMG_0097.MOV

''Ouch'' That's not quite the result you ( I or others) wanted to see ;)

Have not had time yet to get back to my project. Hopefully Fabio will get back to me so I can look

further into setup using his dsdt 3.1.2+efi, Have more research to do on understanding efi string's,

as I wan't to check the string I downloaded (apparently) for my card first..

Hi,

upgrading to 10.6.4 was no problem. I also had to use the audio fix. But I have a problem with WOL.

WOL is not working at all. I have checked the energy settings. With Windows I had no problem. Is it possible to get a fix for that?

I don't want to spend 2000 € for that fix because I get used to OS-X :) .

Hi Fabio,

Please excuse my Google Translate to Italian. Could you Please answer following for me.

Does your DSDT+EFI 3.1.2 version have a conflict with Viaata kext as reported for 'non' EFI 3.1.2 version.

Secondly when replacing your GFx EFI with the one I created for my card How is this added back in ?

I have read directions (kn6600 I think from mem.) but don't have a clear understanding of what the final step is.

Many Thanks in advance..

''Ouch'' That's not quite the result you ( I or others) wanted to see :unsure:

Have not had time yet to get back to my project. Hopefully Fabio will get back to me so I can look

further into setup using his dsdt 3.1.2+efi, Have more research to do on understanding efi string's,

as I wan't to check the string I downloaded (apparently) for my card first..

Hi

the DSDT (EFI String versions) is a old version, and the conflict is not located into the DSDT but into the EFI Strings code generated when I made it!

If you refind old post the error is related to some incompatible "slot location" (a cosmetics "fix")...

So The DSDT Efi Version + com.apple.Boot.plist (with the efi strings) still have that sleep/shutdown problem...

I suggest you (if you looking for a Efi Strings GFX injection) to use last DSDT 3.3 or M2.5 (I remind are exactly the same the difference are the size) and make by yourself a Efi strings for your GFX card...

So don't use that old DSDT (because I have not correct the problem), maybe when i have more free time to build a 3.3 version for Efi Strings combo use... but are a lot of CPU (i7 920/30/40/50/60/65/75/80x...) give me nuts...

Fabio

Hi

the DSDT (EFI String versions) is a old version, and the conflict is not located into the DSDT but into the EFI Strings code generated when I made it!

If you refind old post the error is related to some incompatible "slot location" (a cosmetics "fix")...

So The DSDT Efi Version + com.apple.Boot.plist (with the efi strings) still have that sleep/shutdown problem...

I suggest you (if you looking for a Efi Strings GFX injection) to use last DSDT 3.3 or M2.5 (I remind are exactly the same the difference are the size) and make by yourself a Efi strings for your GFX card...

So don't use that old DSDT (because I have not correct the problem), maybe when i have more free time to build a 3.3 version for Efi Strings combo use... but are a lot of CPU (i7 920/30/40/50/60/65/75/80x...) give me nuts...

Fabio

Hi,

Thanks Fabio now clear problem with DSDT + EFI version to. It is by process of elimination that I may have to use EFI

injection to get ATI 4870x2 to work & possibly most 48x0 series cards as text injection appears to be very hit or miss

if it works (more miss reported in 10.6.3/4).

If you do manage to find time to make a new DSDT + EFI version that would be greatly appreciated :D . I'm sure many

people could use this version. In the mean time I'll continue to learn more about EFI. :D

For those who may be thinking along this line I found this elsewhere in InsanelyMac forum (For Snow Leopard). http://www.rakov.net/HD48x0.plist (control+click to download) also this file below may help.

Thanks Dave

Known_GFx_Card_CODES.rtf

Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me an idea why I am having the following trouble,

All music production related software, Ableton Live, NI maschine, GrarageBand ( legal copies) are failing to load , I always get the "program is not responding" message this happened all of a sudden, does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this issue?

Does it have to do with build in sound? I have never intalled the sound patcher, cause my sound in for example Itunes always worked

Help would be very much appreciated

Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me an idea why I am having the following trouble,

All music production related software, Ableton Live, NI maschine, GrarageBand ( legal copies) are failing to load , I always get the "program is not responding" message this happened all of a sudden, does anyone know how I can trouble shoot this issue?

Does it have to do with build in sound? I have never intalled the sound patcher, cause my sound in for example Itunes always worked

Help would be very much appreciated

What exactly happend?

You try run an application and this no run? immediatly close?

You sure have QI/QE active? Your menubar are translucid?

Maybe can help?

I have similar issue with VLC in one of my partition.. won't run is the only one!

In other partition with exactly same kext DSDT ecc.. all work well... (exept now on 10.6.4 my Sleep/Shutdown are gone...I need OpenHaltRestart again... :P)

Fabio

What exactly happend?

You try run an application and this no run? immediatly close?

You sure have QI/QE active? Your menubar are translucid?

Maybe can help?

I have similar issue with VLC in one of my partition.. won't run is the only one!

In other partition with exactly same kext DSDT ecc.. all work well... (exept now on 10.6.4 my Sleep/Shutdown are gone...I need OpenHaltRestart again... :()

Fabio

Hi fabio,

What happens is that the above mentioned programs do run, but extremely slowly the start up takes like 5 minutes and they are very unresponsive, all other software on my computer runs normal, it only concerns Albleton LIVE, NI maschine, Garageband.

I am not sure what you mean with QI/QE my menu bars are indeed translucid

I am not building a new partition on an external HDD, if it works I will SuperDuper it to my mean OSX drive.

Normally all works perfectly, other then sleep, which isn't a bit deal, I don't even think sleeps works properly under 7.

I am running OSX in 32 mode ( arch i386) due to WIFI driver incapability and with music production program it's always better choice cause of driver issue's

Let me know if you have any idea's , I let you know how it goes with the installation, I still got a few hrs ahead of me on this fresh install

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it :)

Marcus