[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

In any case we need your IOREG dumped with one working GFX 275 card

Other things... the two GTX 275 are the same???? same vendor same ram identical????

Thanks for your prompt reply iFabio, I'll get an IOREG dump tomorrow.. hopefully that will help.

The two cards are exactly the same - gigabyte gtx275 896mb. Thanks mate.

Thanks for your prompt reply iFabio, I'll get an IOREG dump tomorrow.. hopefully that will help.

The two cards are exactly the same - gigabyte gtx275 896mb. Thanks mate.

other things...

what slot you use for the second GFX?

if you use DSDT3.x series the black slot is disable(unused)... just for your info

Fabio

one thing.

The CPU i7 975 is exit near november 2009

the first i7 CPU Intel sell was 920 / 940 / 965

Your mobo and in this specific case the BIOS of your mobo (0406) "not support" this CPU

Maybe this cause some kind of issue...

If this still unresolved I make a DSDT M2.5 for the i7 975... but I say before is (for me) softhing related your old BIOS..

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

ok, I'm up on BIOS 1003 now, but unfortunately no change to dsdt situation. I even went back to check the 3.2.1 965 dsdt that had worked previously with my efi string (although with no qi/ce) and tried it with GraphicsEnabler + no efi string and am getting exactly the same results.

If it helps at all I've attached my old dsdt which remains the only one so far which will run with qi/ce (using efi string)

Also, just in case it helps, with regard to your comment to the other chap, my GTS 250 is in the blue slot and the 8500 GS is in the white one.

Thanks again.

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi Fabio,

ok, I'm up on BIOS 1003 now, but unfortunately no change to dsdt situation. I even went back to check the 3.2.1 965 dsdt that had worked previously with my efi string (although with no qi/ce) and tried it with GraphicsEnabler + no efi string and am getting exactly the same results.

If it helps at all I've attached my old dsdt which remains the only one so far which will run with qi/ce (using efi string)

Also, just in case it helps, with regard to your comment to the other chap, my GTS 250 is in the blue slot and the 8500 GS is in the white one.

Thanks again.

ok I do a little look on the DSDT but... is 8500 GS??? or 8400 GS??

Fabio

Hey iFabio,

I'm trying to use the blue slot for my primary card and the white one for my secondary card. I just updated my bios from 03xx to 1003, but that hasn't made a difference.

Hopefully the file attached is my IOREG dump.

Thanks mate.

Using the latest boot cd as well as trying -x -GraphicsEnabler=n and arch=i386 still have the same problem. The snow leopard disc begins to boot then after all the text is done loading the screen goes blank completely. I have two GTX 280's with an SLI cable connected though since SLI is not enabled on a hardware level this should not matter. Any ideas?

Still no luck, seems to be a common problem for others. Any solution?

Hey iFabio,

I'm trying to use the blue slot for my primary card and the white one for my secondary card. I just updated my bios from 03xx to 1003, but that hasn't made a difference.

Hopefully the file attached is my IOREG dump.

Thanks mate.

We need your IOREG... IOREG .... IOREG ...IOREG

I can't invent the strings!

Fabio

hi all,

im a newbie to both mac and mac osx86, but want to try it out so ive bought the snow leopard cd. I tried the usb flash drive installer method with my friends mac, but after mounting the snow leopard image to the usb, we were unable to install the .pkg file as it said that we were only able to install it to his macbooks hd. So instead i copied it to the usb and moved on, anyway when i try to boot the usb in my windows machine it just comes up with a blank screen and a flicker underscore in the top left of the screen.

Sorry if this is really noobish and/or ive broken any rules by making this post. I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction?

My pc spec is i7 920, asus p6t deluxe v2, 3gb ddr ram, gts 250

thanks for any advice

iFabio -- please help!

My problem is related to Robin's above.

I have dual GTX275's in my system with P6T deluxe V2 and i7 920.

I've managed to install snow leopard with one card, I've also managed to get that one card functioning perfectly with DSDT only (dual screen, QE/QI).

My problems start when I insert the second card -- I have nothing but a blank screen. I've made sure (several times) that I have selected the correct card slots for each card, I've also made sure that the information within the DSDT file for each card is complete and correct, as far as I can tell. EFI strings dont work either, I tried using Aquamacs dual gfx efi method but no dice.

Please... Any suggestions to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

My DSDT GFX portion (the part that matters?):

Device (PEG3)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x09, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }

Device (GFX3)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x16)
                           {
                               "@0,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@0,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-A"
                               }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@1,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-B"
                               }, 

"NVCAP",
                               Buffer (0x18)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"VRAM,totalsize",
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
                               }, 

"device_type",
                               Buffer (0x0D)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,GeForce"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer (0x17)
                               {
                                   "NVIDIA Geforce GTX275"
                               }, 

"rom-revision", 
                               Buffer (0x06)
                               {
                                   "GT200"
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }
           }

Device (PEG7)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00070000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x09, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }

Device (GFX7)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x16)
                           {
                               "@0,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@0,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-A"
                               }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@1,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-B"
                               }, 

"NVCAP",
                               Buffer (0x18)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"VRAM,totalsize",
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
                               }, 

"device_type",
                               Buffer (0x0D)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,GeForce"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer (0x17)
                               {
                                   "NVIDIA Geforce GTX275"
                               }, 

"rom-revision", 
                               Buffer (0x06)
                               {
                                   "GT200"
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }
           }

Same issue with the same board and same processor with my two GTX 280's

Looking for an explanation, my rig is currently running at 3.6 and with Intel turbo it goes up to 3.8. Now, I noticed that on Page 36 that we should modify Plist to see 4800 for 920 and 6XXX for 975 processors. But my QP in my bios is already running at 67xx, should I change my sm speed bus?

Also, very weird, I booted in 32-mode, try MSR tool and I get 3600 all the time, even when I just leave the computer idle...Is this normal? I have no idea whether its the DSDT (using 2.5xx) or it`s my mobo.

But in Win 7, everything runs cool and fine, I removed my mobo from case and currently it is sitting my table, it does get warm when I boot in chameleon and SL, but not when am in windows thou....any idea/suggestion?

Hello Guys, this a copy left in the other big guide for the P6T SE.since no one answer there my questions ill like to share this with you

first i have to thank you all for all this hard work done

I have a P6T and searching for guides i always found info about V1 & V2 and also SE but any of the plain P6T. My computer has one year old and im very happy to have choosen the i920 desision in that time so for celebrate its birthday i had decided to came back here and find some info about OSX. My past experience here with OSX86 was in the times where the releases were patched installation disks of 10.4.3 so for me was very delightfull to see all the changes and new tecnologies this community has produced.

Anyway o due to this lacking of information about my specific mainboard i started to browse and browse here and outside and so finaly i found 2 choises this guide tutorial and this other one on blogspot

http://www.fleebailey33.org/search?updated...;max-results=22

and in here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052

Doing some tests i cud create a functional 8gb partition with the script in the P6T SE guide after doin some installs and checking performance in the installation i decided to test the patch of the blog spot tutorial, since i dont undestand how it works the efi partition and the P6T SE guide use it i decided to try the other patch so i patched the instaled OS and voila!, finnaly a fully working OSX with just on click. the sistem showed me 10.6.0 and unknown procesor so i decided to install the upgrades directly from apple, and voila! i dont remember to change the plist of the procesor but now i had my i920 procesor recognized and v 10.6.3, since i don use the audio from the motherboard an i have a ozone stratos headset that works (no mic support) and a usb cam as mic y decided to pass to stage two SLI or better dual graphic card in OSX, i started to do the com.apple.Bios.plist with the instructions of that page and voila! dual 9800 GT 1MB cards in 15 minutes. awesome! using pliskeditpro and gfxutil

then i installed all the apps i usualy use (adobe suite css5, vuze, ps3 media server, skype, teamviewer, office 2008) and everything runs smoth it out perform my windows 7 experience

so then i pass to stage 3 benchmarks, first one geekbench shows 8700 xbench a score of 226,9 showing in the disk test some bad scores from my jm micron (raid array of 2 750 disks in ide superspeed mode) showing that is not writing data eficiently so i want to know if some expert here can test the final pack im using and tellme if is worth or not and also if ifabio can update his support for P6T users i really dont know the diferenes beteween the P6T and the P6T SE but in the other forum some one toldme the DSDT dont work fot the SE still dont know if the EXT folder work. if the DSDT is that crucial for the performance can i have some clue about what im Using right now?

this is my working pack with the patch i used

P6T.zip

and the last thing, i will need some tips for doing a minor overclock to the cpu, as i work in design and i do some times 24 hour work i dont have in mind to do a full oveclock just a little tune to speed up the processor

I have a v8 colermaster and 2 duorbs for the graphic cards, i have geil 6gb DDR3 1333mhz of 9-9-9-24 (not to much to do there) and an Antec Nine Hundred.

ok to much questions for now, thks again guys for this amazing work you all do

Greets from Italy

Andres

Same issue with the same board and same processor with my two GTX 280's

i have made my 2 9800 gt cards only changing the com.apple.Boot.plist creating a hex string for my two cards have you tried that?

for all people with 2 identical GFX...

post your IOREG with 1 GFX mounted in the Blue slot w/o this we can't nothing...

Fabio

I'll be honest I am too lazy to take apart my case and remove the 2nd card and if it comes to it will probably forget running Mac OSX. I also tried regular leopard and it gets to the same point then abruptly reboots.

I'll be honest I am too lazy to take apart my case and remove the 2nd card and if it comes to it will probably forget running Mac OSX. I also tried regular leopard and it gets to the same point then abruptly reboots.

remove 1... then get io data... then ifabio is kind and make a string so that you can then put the second one back in and it works!!!!

remove 1... then get io data... then ifabio is kind and make a string so that you can then put the second one back in and it works!!!!

I don't think you know how many zip ties I put in my case and how hard it is to move stuff after the fact lol. But I may.

I also understand that OSX does NOT support intel raid which is what I am using for my two other drives and then I was going to install OSX on the 3rd not in the raid. I know I need the bios to be set to AHCI for OSX so what I was originally going to try was to set ahci, install OSX, put back to raid, boot into win, use easybcd to add the mac drive, thought I have a feeling this may not even work from other reading I have done. If you guys think its worth a shot though I will try to remove the 2nd card.

DSDT 3.3 is out.

You can find it in the first page of this trend.

ONLY FOR P6T Deluxe v1 v2 & P6TD Deluxe

Enjoy

Fabio

Thanks Fabio!

Looks like it's time for another installer. I think I'm going to use AD2000B and OrangeIconFix instead of P6T-Deluxe.kext. Some people may choose to use VoodooHDA(now or in the future) and it's easier if those kexts are separate.

Cheers

Here are the release notes for v1.15:

* The boot loader has been changed to the latest Chameleon checkout from http://forge.voodooprojects.org.

* The system type has been changed back to MacPro4,1 **See notes.

* The DSDTs are v3.3 for all processor types...all have SpeedStep thanks to Fabio and all who contributed their ACPI dumps.

* I created a binary patch for the audio based on the info in this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1437321 This way we don't have to distribute Apple files.

* Updated fakesmc.kext to newer version from Andy Vandijck with mods by @@smith.

Notes:

You have to have the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext installed for the 10.6.3audiopatcher.sh to work. It looks at the MD5 checksum of the AppleHDA binary to determine if it will do the patch, so there is no danger of running it with the wrong version. Go to the 10.6.3audiopatcher folder on the ISO, then drag and drop the 10.6.3audiopatcher.sh onto an open Terminal window. Click the Terminal window and then hit Enter to execute the script. It will tell you if it succeeded or not. Reboot and test your sound. In the future I will integrate this patching into the main installer.

You should install all updates offered through Software update. In particular, the Mac Pro Audio Update v1.1 released on 5/3/2010. This update is required for best results with the MacPro4,1 system type.

Can I install this on a system that is already running?

Yes, everything will be backed up in a P6TInstallerDATE-TIME folder in the root of the installation volume. BUT, if you are using EFI strings you will have to manually merge those files into your Extra folder from the backup that is created.

Guys, can you just explain something to me?

Using DSDT 3.2 I only have fakesmc in E/E - it's the only kext.

When I use the new DSDT 3.3, I get the Orange icons on the desktop for all my HDs, and presumably would have to use the P6T kext to fix that.

Why is this?

Guys, can you just explain something to me?

Using DSDT 3.2 I only have fakesmc in E/E - it's the only kext.

When I use the new DSDT 3.3, I get the Orange icons on the desktop for all my HDs, and presumably would have to use the P6T kext to fix that.

Why is this?

Hi imaken.

I change this back to native ICH10 for our motherboard...

but this native solution need a "cosmetic" fix for the orange icon...

I prefer use the native solution and no the EBS2 (older ICHx contoller)

But you can easy edit the 3.3 with old stuff in the Device Sata section...

or you can add the OrangeIconFix.kext in the Extra/Extensions dir for correct the "cosmetics Issue"

But I repeat I prefer use native solution...

For people using AppleHDA.Kext the P6T-Deluxe.kext I propose is a good "combo" solution for Audio & OrangeIcon :D

Fabio

Hi imaken.

I change this back to native ICH10 for our motherboard...

but this native solution need a "cosmetic" fix for the orange icon...

I prefer use the native solution and no the EBS2 (older ICHx contoller) we have little more performance with native controller...

But you can easy edit the 3.3 with old stuff in the Device Sata section...

or you can add the OrangeIconFix.kext in the Extra/Extensions dir for correct the "cosmetics Issue"

But I repeat I prefer use native solution...

For people using AppleHDA.Kext the P6T-Deluxe.kext I propose is a good "combo" solution for Audio & OrangeIcon ;)

Fabio