[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Absolutely.

You can use the Chameleon Preference Pane from the installer ISO to experiment with the 'Quiet Boot', 'Default Paritition', and 'Timeout' settings.

Look back a few pages for a the boot.zip file I posted. Using that will show Core i7. Fabio also has a post that shows the values to put in /Extra/smbios.plist that will work too. Updates work fine but 10.6.3 breaks audio, there is a patcher on the installer ISO that fixes it.

Thank you soooo much. Are there any settings in the BIOS that i shouldn't change while OCing. Also i can only boot into Win7 if i change the storage configuration to IDE but in order to boot into Mac OSX it need to be in AHCI. If i try to boot into win7 in AHCI i get a BSOD almost immediately :P. Is it fixable or do i need to fresh install win7 ? cheers for your awesome guide once again :(

Thank you soooo much. Are there any settings in the BIOS that i shouldn't change while OCing. Also i can only boot into Win7 if i change the storage configuration to IDE but in order to boot into Mac OSX it need to be in AHCI. If i try to boot into win7 in AHCI i get a BSOD almost immediately :P. Is it fixable or do i need to fresh install win7 ? cheers for your awesome guide once again :(

You just need to enable the AHCI driver in W7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

Pretty straightforward really.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/922976?p=1

EDIT: imacken beat me to the draw

Hi there,

Thank you guys for this guide. great work!!! :P

I have been reading this thread for weeks now and have tried it for the last few days and finally got somewhere (probably no better than before starting) after much trouble. I will describe the process in case it helps someone as well as it might describe my situation so someone can help me :P

I have recently built this rig using some old hardware that I had plus some components that I got incredibly cheap from an 'upgrading freak' friend of mine and from ebay and here is the history of my adventure so far:

* I installed all components to the MOBO except for the WD hard drive since I had 3 IDE devises and P6TD Deluxe only has 1 IDE connection.

* Using the weird enough set up of a dvd rom and hdd in the same IDE cable I installed Windows 7.

* switching the seagate for the WD i tried following this guide but got stuck with an isolinux: image checksum error, sorry (loved the sorry bit)

* tried dgobe suggestion and updated the DVD ROM firmware to no avail.

* tried modifying the image names to lower-case as suggested in other threads and did not work either.

* while searching for a cheap SATA CD-ROM I received my IDE to SATA, SATA to IDE adapter (needed anyway if i wanted to have the 3 devises with my mobo) and plugging the DVD-ROM to this (don't forget the power supply) made the boot-132 CD finally mount :D so far so good

*I then installed SL but had to use the GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386 kernel flag (every time it reboots)

*when i got to the set up process and the register screen I messed up and i am not sure if i hit Windows Key-Q at the right time but pretty sure i skipped registration

*after installing P6TDeluxeV2Installer.pkg and updating the network adapters (had to go to system preferences) SL did not boot from the hard drive.

*I went to try the solution to boot problem included in this guide but i got "resource busy" error

*so i tried installing Chameleon manually as suggested by PiSToL:

Installation

Normal Install (non-RAID):

Suppose that your installation is on /dev/disk0s2

- Install boot0 to the MBR:

sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0

- Install boot1h to the partition's bootsector:

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2

- Install boot to the partition's root directory:

sudo cp boot /

Reboot!

but i got an error: MBR no such disk, MBR no such folder. or something. I fixed it by dragging the i386 folder to the terminal after typing CD .

but got same 'no suck disk' error with boot1h. here i went a bit crazy (late night + frustration + too much weed) and run the sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2 command but changing the boot1h for boot1, boot2 and boot3 which i could see in the AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132_v1.14 folder. I know i probably :D up here but i just carried on I doubt i succeed in installing Chameleon manually :wacko:

*however, I solved the "resource busy" error by typing the sudo fdisk -e /dev/diskX command with /disk1 instead of disk1s2 (as i had understood originally) so you can imagine the joy i felt at this point.

*finished the solution to boot problem process and rebooted.

*NOTHING - i got the black screen with the blinking cursor at the top :(

*Here I thought i might just rest for a bit and check the wondows 7 features but guess what? NOTHING same black screen and cursor from the HDD that was originally booting no problem

so my situation now is I have a hard drive with win7 and one with SL but i can only boot these OS via the boot-132 cd. SL needs GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386. cant find solutions for my problem here and I am exhausted.

so can you help? :unsure:

oh maybe the AHCI driver for windows would fix that bit. i'll try that imacken thx :)

Can someone please point me to a guide that will tell me how to install kexts and what they are :wacko: i've looked at the kexts forum but i coudn't see any guides, also what is a DSDT? Thanks

***So i installed an app called DSDTPatcherGUI because i thought it would allow me to install the DSDT files in the Installer ISO but it doesn't let me choose any files. ;) some help please

Can someone please point me to a guide that will tell me how to install kexts and what they are :) i've looked at the kexts forum but i coudn't see any guides, also what is a DSDT? Thanks

***So i installed an app called DSDTPatcherGUI because i thought it would allow me to install the DSDT files in the Installer ISO but it doesn't let me choose any files. :P some help please

Look, you need to do some basic research. There are hundreds of guides on every possible subject here.

To install kexts, there are 2 ways. 1) some can just be put into Extra/Extensions, or 2) use kextutility. With that you just drag the kext into the app's icon and off it goes.

For DSDT, you need to put yours into Extra folder on your boot partition. There are various good DSDTs around, but you may have to customise for your own system. Again, there are loads of good guides here on how to do that.

Hey thank you so much

after some playing around i got my system working :D

I am still having trouble with the sound drivers

some assistance would be greatly appreciated (feel free to elaborate, i am fairly new at this)

ASUS P6T deluxe v1 Snow Leopard 10.6.0

So i'm up on the heady heights of 10.6.3 and as lovely as it is, my 1gb ddr3 9800gt graphics card is laying wasted. I've had a look for kexts and cant find anything that seems to be working for it.

I've also been limited with my display going from 1600x1200 to 1024x768

Any ideas for where to start digging around?

asus P6t se

core i7 920

3 x 2gb lexar

GeForce 9800 gt 1gb

3 x 1tb green caviarWD

Hi people!

DSDT M2.6(SS) & 3.2(SS) coming...

- reduced SS code for the M2.x series and NEW added reduced coded for 3.x series

(Reduced coded idea coming from a SS code's iMac11,1 with i7, and of course other brillant idea find here in InsanelyMac!)

- added code for new FakeSMC2.5 modded by (Andy Vandijck), we don't need Sudden Motion Sensor (our hack is a desktop) but with this decrypter the boot is little more faster and the probe temp is little more accurate (This is what I test)

- Recently I buy a second Motherboard for my wife is a P6T SE... so a realize a porting from our DSDT (M2.6) to this mobo too :(

This week-end I test a little bit some possible issue and if all is ok.. so I post these new DSDT table...

Fabio

Hi people!

DSDT M2.6(SS) & 3.2(SS) coming...

- reduced SS code for the M2.x series and NEW added reduced coded for 3.x series

(Reduced coded idea coming from a SS code's iMac11,1 with i7, and of course other brillant idea find here in InsanelyMac!)

- added code for new FakeSMC2.5 modded by (Andy Vandijck), we don't need Sudden Motion Sensor (our hack is a desktop) but with this decrypter the boot is little more faster and the probe temp is little more accurate (This is what I test)

- Recently I buy a second Motherboard for my wife is a P6T SE... so a realize a porting from our DSDT (M2.6) to this mobo too :)

This week-end I test a little bit some possible issue and if all is ok.. so I post these new DSDT table...

Fabio

Hey Fabio

Sounds good, I wasn't really happy with the boot speed from the last installer. One person said it was 15 seconds faster! Interesting that faking a sensor that isn't there for an iMac/MacPro makes that big of a difference, I'll have to peek at the code. I think between that and M3.2 it will be very fast, might have to make that the default now that you are including the SS code in 3.x.

Have a good one dude, thanks for the updates!

DSDT 3.2 with SpeedStep is out :blush:

You can find it in my first post:)

pls post your findings

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Really nice work. The system is more faster and responsible. Thanks.

Only one cosmetic fix, with new code for HDEF (aapl,slot name) in About This Mac under PCI Cards give me error.

I removed new part from HDEF section and I have no more error.

Kristijan

DSDT 3.2 with SpeedStep is out :blink:

You can find it in my first post:)

pls post your findings

Fabio

Ohoooo ! DSDT 3 with SS in a greeeeeat step forward! Very very very nice enhancement!

Tonight I'll try immediately. Before I switch to it, just one question:

in changelog I read:

- Added some minus stuff from iMac11,1 with i7 processor (Full ACPI dump..)

So, is it better to inject an iMac11,1 now? Same for fakeSMC mods?

Thanks a lot again for your graet work, 3.2 with speedstep is a big surprise!

Swapped to new DSDT & new FakeSMC2.5 modded by Andy Vandijck

I've 3°-4° more than before.

Both injecting a MacPRO 3,1 or an iMAC 11,1 doesn't change temps.

MSR Tools shows processor use going up 'n' down, but nearly never stays on 60%...and when it does, it does for little time.