Best Laptops With Full Hardware Support and Acceleration

jacob019

281 posts in this topic

Check my specs below. It's certainly not the best but I'm quite satisfied so far. Music apps run smoothly with an M-audio FW-410 via firewire. In OSX I'm having less audio latency issues than in Linux or in - god forbid - XP...

Omni's ATI driver v008 works really well now even with QE and CI, apart from a bit of tearing. The only thing I would REALLY like to get sorted is the PCMCIA cos I've still got a few neat cards floating about.

cheers

sol

Almost everything is working (except WIFI - Intel Wireless 3945ABG and Audio In/Mic) with my Acer TravelMate 4202WLMi...

The full list:

. Intel Centrino Core Duo 1.66GHz (working splendidly)

. USB 2.0 ports (working flawlessly, but only after I got the BIOS 2.10 update from Acer!!! :poster_spam: )

. GMA950 + LCD panel (flawlessly too, working out-of-box WITHOUT external VGA hack)

. Keyboard (working, currently using US-International keyboard layout [with dead keys for accents])

. DVD/CD Writer (working, full support to DVD+-R, DVD-RAM, CD+-R etc)

. High Definition Audio (working audio-out only, after editing AppleAzaliaAudio.kext)

. Broadcom 10/100 LAN (working)

. Battery/Power Info (working: remaining battery time is displayed correctly, charging info is displayed nicely, sleep function ok too...)

. Internal 56Kbps Fax/Modem (What the hell is a modem???? LOL ;) )

Cheers...

Paulo Oliveira

Hey Paulo, what type of HDA do you have? would you mind sharing? Also to everyone, id like to see some examples of folks vga dongles. All i did was cut a couple of paperclips to size and bridged the vga pins then covered it with a vga cover.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Acer TravelMate 3012 WTMI works fine, but without wi-fi support (#$%!% intel pro) :P and sound needs some kext messing but QE CI works stright from the hand, and natively on the build in lcd 12,1 1280x800

hi there net, I'm about to buy one of the 3012, where did you get yours? it's kind of hard to find.

do a search for 3012, I've done quite a few threads about it. you can get a mini pci wifi card from dell for 20 bucks on ebay, though I'm not sure it is not hardware locked in bios...

could you post the sound kext meesing instructions?

thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Cheap Ass Everex 2050T ($700). I never expected this lappy to work but behold!!

Full Accelaration and support (well no modem).

Running Jas 10.4.8 Beta 2 (release 2)

Intel GMA950 Working

ALC260 Sound Card Working

Ralink WIFI Card Working

Realtek 81XX NIC Working

Modem Not Working

Wakeup After sleep not working

For 700 bucks.!! I can buy 2-3 macbooks.

I have 2 friends that are looking to sell their avertecs... Both of them have the 6xxx series... but i think once has a 6600 and a 6100 so anyone who is interested in purchasing these laptops in top notch condition let me know. The pricing is neogotiable

Edited by RiPOFF

• 2 weeks later...
hi there, this thread is great, I added a link to it in the wiki. however, I think we should make up something like a built hackintosh logo. having a guide for the right configuration for, say, the current dell, hp and toshiba models would really help this scene. just my $.02

here you go - an updated sticker that says"I work with OS X"

post-69557-1171224568_thumb.jpg

post-69557-1171224554_thumb.png

EDIT: edited for spelling.

Edited by evanrodge

• 2 weeks later...