Security Update 2010-001 - New?

jeff33702

24 posts in this topic

HINT: DL the install .pkg . Look into that with pacifist.

If you see no things in /System/Extensions (.kext) than such an update is much more safe than if there are also lots of updates with .kext files or kernel !

Didnt harm OSX86 install (normally!).

No system extensions (.kext), Most things darwin OS files like cups (printer), lp, ssl ....

I would install that (you will get it also with 10.6.3).

Actually, that's not true. There are some kexts in the update (e.g.IOBluetoothFamily). Since I added my devID to it I had to redo it afterwards. I mention this just for the people out there with any Bluetooth devices trying to wake their system from it. :rolleyes:

Security Update 2010-001 is recommended for all users and improves the security of Mac OS X.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

This does not look like the Bonjour update. I did not install it.

Just installed it and everything works fine.

Retail lifehacker install on EP45-UD3P with chameleon 2.0-RC3.

Actually, that's not true. There are some kexts in the update (e.g.IOBluetoothFamily). Since I added my devID to it I had to redo it afterwards. I mention this just for the people out there with any Bluetooth devices trying to wake their system from it. :)

Sure, if you DL the 10.5 Sec update 2010 !

This is much bigger 150 MB vs 21 MB 10.6 and may have also other things updated which 10.6 update didnt have : some kext, perhaps also kernel, Safari,....!)

In the 10.6 Sec update there is 100% NO .kext and NO kernel updated !

Installed on 10.5.8 Vanilla kernel (not sure about distrib used).

The OS X no longer boots! But it's possible to boot in single user mode without loading configuration: "-s -F" 

Where i can find boot logs? (the error message is too long, when booted with -v)

the update has been installed on Jan 30. The latest record in /var/log/system.log is Jan 29. 

thanks.

Installed without incident on my rig below.

Hi mates.

Since this update has relation to Bluetooth, does any of you uses Magic Mouse or Wireless Keyboard?

I bought MM and Wireles Keyboard and when appliances arrived, installed it here and updated system with 2010-001 Update and that bricked my system. I had to do a fresh install. Since that happens, I avoided to use this update.

Does anyone here had same experience? If yes, let me know.

Cheers,

bb.