Posted Image

psycmos

psycmos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Boa!!! UuuuuuU u u u-u--u-u ;) :P :D :hysterical: :D

Vou experimentar já o arranque em X64 com o novo modelo da drive pro meu BCM 4311, igual ao do oldnapalm, e exprimentar a drive da ethernet que me dá muito jeito para fazer web sharing!!!

Obrigado a todos os que contribuem neste tutorial!!!

psycmos

psycmos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Boas Bow. Alguem me pode ajudar? estava instalando o Chameleon Rc3 em uma pendrive para poder fazer um boot externo mas no momento de actualizar ele para o Rc3 na ultima linha da instalação do Rc3 em que diz :

- Install boot to the partition's root directory:
sudo cp boot /

Eu esquecime e ele foi parar á raiz do disco k estava a usar(não á raiz da pendrive).

Ai quando atento arrancar agora o pc onde foi substituido o ficheiro boot na raiz dá-me Kernel Panic mas lê as Extensoes iniciais, mas assim que vai começar a arrancar dá logo Kernel Panic. E nem o Windows k tinha em outra partição arranca pois dá erro relacionado com o Boot.

Assim nao keria ter k formatar o Pc e instalar os 2 sistemas de novo :rolleyes: :( :(

Alguem tem uma ajuda pra mim?!?!??!

Em anexo envio uma foto com o PrtSc da Kernel Panic.

Já tentei arrancar com outro chameleon por usb e mesmo assim dá Panic.

Agradecia imenso a ajuda de alguem. :unsure:

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
tente entrar com o cd de boot ou o dvd modificado q vc usou

se for cd de boot use o -f -v -x

se for versao modificada(iAtkos, Hazard, etc) use rd=diskXsY

X = HD
Y = Partição

se vc não souber ao certo, pode usar o terminal do proprio dvd de instalação, digitando o comando diskutil list
veja
Posted Image

nesse caso vc usaria rd=disk0s2

e instale esse Chameleon
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1542696

se preferir
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1471296

psycmos

psycmos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Vou fazer entao o que falas-te. Já envio alguma resposta.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
DSDT AUTO PATCHER Acer Aspire 5920
Attached File  DSDT_Auto_Patcher_Aspire_5920.zip   498.61KB   188 downloads
:)

lalya

lalya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

DSDT AUTO PATCHER Acer Aspire 5920
Attached File  DSDT_Auto_Patcher_Aspire_5920.zip   498.61KB   188 downloads
:)

Hey MaLd0n or anyone reading,
do you know if it might fit an Aspire 5920G as well?

Actually my big problem with my 5920G is that the audio doesn't work well :(
The audio plays okay only if you touch the touchpad with hand, or move the mouse continuously, once you release the hand.... the sound is then crunchy!! :(
I'm not using any DSDT yet... I think...cause I have nothing inside the extra folder, neither in root...
I've only used kexts till now... so I am kinda new to dsdt things, so thats why I need to be safe on what I'm doing.... and I don't wanna end up to break my acer :(

Thanks!

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,838 posts
Please post the 5920G hardware specs.

What audio kext are you using?

lalya

lalya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Please post the 5920G hardware specs.

What audio kext are you using?

Hi oldnapalm, thanks for your answer! These are the specs of my acer:
Acer AS5920G-302G20N
Motherboard: Intel 965M
Core2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Cache 4MB L2
RAM 2048MByte DDR2
Hard Disk: 200GB
Scheda Grafica NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT, 256MByte Dedicated, 16x PCI Express
Audio: Realtek Intel HD Audio (should be ALC888 HD)

I have tried both the combinations of AppleHDA / HDAEnabler kexts
and also voodoohda (old and latest versions).
always with the same results! Audio works, but its good only when you move the mouse or keep a finger over the touchpad.

It's the exact same problem explained here: http://forum.voodoop...hp?topic=1015.0

"Because the sound gets clear when you move the mouse, it gets clear too when you put a finger on the trackpad.
So just put a metallic object (like a washer) on the trackpad, and the sound will be clear without your intervention."

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,838 posts
Are you using any kext for power management? (VoodooPower, NullCPUPM, etc)

You probably don't need any, just set SMproductname as MacBookPro5,1 and let AppleIntelCPUPM do the job.

If audio still doesn't work well, the "IRQs" patch in DSDT may help (it's included in Maldon's patcher, you can use the entire package if your audio codec is ALC883, then you don't need HDAEnabler, just the legacy and modded AppleHDA).

lalya

lalya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Are you using any kext for power management? (VoodooPower, NullCPUPM, etc)

You probably don't need any, just set SMproductname as MacBookPro5,1 and let AppleIntelCPUPM do the job.

If audio still doesn't work well, the "IRQs" patch in DSDT may help (it's included in Maldon's patcher, you can use the entire package if your audio codec is ALC883, then you don't need HDAEnabler, just the legacy and modded AppleHDA).

Hello,
no I don't think I installed any kexts for Power, I have only installed Voodoobattery, which monitors my laptop battery status, i guess.
As I told you I haven't tried any DSDT.aml yet, so I don't think I can even attempt to change SMproductname or anything else.
So basically, tonight... when I get home... I should try to install this file and see how things go?
DSDT_Auto_Patcher_Aspire_5920.zip
As far as i've red... I think this patcher will generate a DSDT.aml which I should put inside my root Extra folder... am I right? I will posts the results..

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,838 posts
You can try that, but first make sure what audio codec you have, because Maldon's patch is for ALC883, if yours is ALC888 it won't work.

lalya

lalya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

You can try that, but first make sure what audio codec you have, because Maldon's patch is for ALC883, if yours is ALC888 it won't work.

I have made a search on google and it seems that 5920G machine has:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC883 Digital [ALC883 Digital]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

So it should be good......... well, we will see!! See you in around 3/4 hours

Oh, by the way... you said "just the legacy and modded AppleHDA" .... What do you mean by Legacy? Is that another kext ?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,838 posts

Oh, by the way... you said "just the legacy and modded AppleHDA" .... What do you mean by Legacy? Is that another kext ?

It's this kext, put it in /System/Library/Extensions
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=65920

If you are using 10.6.4 also install this AppleHDA
http://www.mediafire.com/?khmky1qwzzz

lalya

lalya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

It's this kext, put it in /System/Library/Extensions
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=65920

If you are using 10.6.4 also install this AppleHDA
http://www.mediafire.com/?khmky1qwzzz

Hello again oldnapalm!
First of all thanks for all your hints, help and support!

Unfortunately the 2 kexts above you suggested me didn't work, so I think I don't have the ALC883 audio chipset, and I think it's an ALC888... even if i'm not very sure.

So, after I installed the 2 kexts above, and I saw that after reboot there was no speaker icon and no audio at all, I deleted them from the Extensions folder and installed again the voodooHDA 2.7.2 package.

The positive thing is that I installed also the DSDT patcher for 5920 here in this thread, which generated a dsdt.aml which I copied to the extra folder...and guess what, magically now the AUDIO plays well, without the need to keep my hand over the touchpad or moving the mouse, so I think that somehow... this patcher solved my issue!

Also I have noticed that even the "Sleep" function works... and I didn't even install any kexts about it.... same for cmos fix, I had no kext installed, and the bios doesn't reset anymore! Can you confirm that it's all inside the dsdt patcher?

The only problem i noticed now, is that after the laptop recovers from sleep the audio then makes a big noise (a strange and loud water trouble noise!) and you have to log-off and log-in to make it come back to normal.
But I think that maybe this is a problem related to the Voodoohda kext.

I might try to replace it with the standard modified AppleHDA and HDAenable combination, for ALC888.. and see if with them, after a recovery from a SLEEP, the audio is still well...

What do you think?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Also I have noticed that even the "Sleep" function works... and I didn't even install any kexts about it.... same for cmos fix, I had no kext installed, and the bios doesn't reset anymore! Can you confirm that it's all inside the dsdt patcher?

DTGP
ALC888
IRQs
RENAMED DEVICES
RTC
SBUS
EHCI
PNLF
FIX WARNINGS

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,838 posts

Yes, as Maldon replied, the patcher fixes sleep and CMOS reset.

The only problem i noticed now, is that after the laptop recovers from sleep the audio then makes a big noise (a strange and loud water trouble noise!) and you have to log-off and log-in to make it come back to normal.
But I think that maybe this is a problem related to the Voodoohda kext.

I might try to replace it with the standard modified AppleHDA and HDAenable combination, for ALC888.. and see if with them, after a recovery from a SLEEP, the audio is still well...

What do you think?

I do hear a "pop" sound when audio is first played after waking from sleep, but it immediately works fine again, no need to logoff and login, so I think it's a VoodooHDA problem.

You don't need HDAEnabler since the patcher fixes HDEF in DSDT, you need only the patched AppleHDA (or vanilla 10.6.2) and the Acer5920HDA linked in the first post. It should work for you as its original name was Acer5920GHDA, I just renamed it to Acer5920HDA since it worked in my laptop.

toohinc

toohinc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Boas!
Alguem me pode ajudar a aplicar o dsdt? Ja tive a ler as indicações no primeiro post mas nao consigo perceber as alterações a serem feitas! O que preciso apenas neste momento é activar o QE/CI da placa gráfica, de resto graças as vossas ajudas tenho tudo a funcionar direito!

Obrigado
toohinc

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Boas!
Alguem me pode ajudar a aplicar o dsdt? Ja tive a ler as indicações no primeiro post mas nao consigo perceber as alterações a serem feitas! O que preciso apenas neste momento é activar o QE/CI da placa gráfica, de resto graças as vossas ajudas tenho tudo a funcionar direito!

Obrigado
toohinc

use o sistema em 32, digite arch=i386
use o auto patcher
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=235523

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy