Online collabs using Skype and a mac or hackmac

starobrno1

4 posts in this topic

I was trying to make Skype playback a song with Logic at the same time as I spoke with a guy over Skype and it just did´nt work. I tried Soundflower and it actually would playback my song with Skype but I could´nt get my mic to work no matter what I did.

I know there are lots of possible things you could do to get close to this but this is only about getting your daw playback a decent sounding stereo track at the same time as you can speak over Skype or whatever you wanna use. 16 bit the same my webcam can handle is enough since this sounds good enough when I talk and play my guitar to someone I´m speaking with over Skype.

Anybody know about a soloution to this?

use an external mixer, and external mic. run the mic into the mixer as well as your computers output. You'll need to find a way to get logic (or whatever software) to use a different output so you don't cause a feedback loop on your or their side.

I had something similar to this running a long time ago, because i had a mixer run my audio, never used it to collaborate a project though.

Yes I though that should be possible too and I tried it but I did´nt get it to work. I´ll give it another try though.

Seems it´s a limitation within Skype. There´s a "plugin" software for Skype for PCs though that makes this possible.

The closest I can find for mac is Soundflower which actually allowed me to play back a song from my daw over Skype but the sound was´nt that hot. But I could´nt find a way to route my mic in to my daw (Logic) nor Skype. I don´t know but to me it looks like Soundflower is only for playback even though it seems it should´nt be.

Probably Jack and Jack Router can do it.