• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Z3R0-X

Z3R0-X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I know it's an old post, but I really ran out of solutions! I just installed my fully working hackintosh with dual booting system (Lion and Win7x64 using chimera bootloader on my 1st SSD, on separate partitions). Using Parallels 7 to run win7 using its own physical partition is definitely not that easy!

Windows loads, then before log-in screen it fires the blue screen (BSOD) and restarts in a continuous loop!
Tried all boot options (Safe mode, recover, ...) non worked. It boots fine in safe mode and enters windows, so I think the problem is because of a driver conflict with Parallels 7... If do need ti know the cause or the conflicting driver to stop/ fix it. I am sure the fix is easy once I know the cause. I have the necessary logs generated by windows during the boot and I can access event log in safe mode to extract whatever required.

BTW: My PC is high-end with 16GB RAM, as somebody in this thread has mentioned that this might cause a similar infinite loop.
I'm sure that somebody has experienced the same, and I would really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks...

Update: When I tried to boot normally into win7 partition, I experienced the same BSOD and thought I lost my win installation, but I booted with win recovery option thrice (which couldn't solve the issue even by restoring with a restore point). Then booted again and voila, windows is working! restarted and its working. Then I rebooted into lion and deleted the Parallels bootcamp machine, created new machine with no CD and no had disk attached (deleted Disk1) then manually added the win partition, fired up the machine and it started to create/ configure/ install parallels tools then restarted to enter again into the infinite loop of blue screen + reboot :(

I still think its a parallels driver conflict with high-end hardware, may be? Please advice...

Attached Files

Dinana

Dinana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Instead of installing a linux VM, I used Plop boot manager, here are the details:

• Download the distribution from http://www.plop.at/e...r/download.html latest at the time of writing was 5.0.14
  • Unzip, you'll find an iso file inside (in my version plpbt.iso)
  • Use this as the CD-ROM in your virtual machine
  • Change boot order to boot from CD-ROM first
  • When Plop manager appears select the partition you want to boot
  • Enjoy! :)

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

:thumbsup_anim:

with vt-d disable (dart=0) 

Intel E3-1245V2 8go ram /HD 6670 LP /OS X 10.9.3 / Parallels 9 / win7 64 / 4 thread and 3072 ram 

test 3DMark 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy