Flash9 (beta) for Intel Mac

Acid_Burn

19 posts in this topic

any reports on if this beta works better with flash now? With Flash 8 everything is kinda choppy on www.comcast.net it has a lot of flash and the Fan on there is unusable and slows my system to a crawl while it is trying to use it.. I will try this when I get home..

Safari kept crashing when I tried to play a movie on Newgrounds. Repairing permissions fixed it, and now it runs amazingly well. :D

I hope we see some more uni-bin releases by Adobe/Macromedia in the next 3-4 months. :angel:

Yea thanks for the link. Works fast now. The internet is usable enough to use mac os x more now. I repaired permissions after I installed and movies at newgrounds.com played smooth.

Edit: I spoke too soon some videos are still choppy on some sites like youtube. It olays but it still skips. Its better than before but it still skips a little bit.

I had/have this beta installed. I repaired permissions right after I installed it and really didn't mess around with it other than at a couple of sites.

I installed the 10.4.7 update today. That went smooth, but I noticed that when I repaired permissions afterwards, it said it had to fix a couple of things in "/Library/Internet-Plugins" that had "Flash" in the name.

Is there any chance Apple overwrote the Beta with something in the 10.4.7 update?

• 3 weeks later...

If I try to play Flash games at fx. www.miniclip.com then every browser say that a lugin is missing! I have installed the latest Flash 9 Beta fra Adobe!

If I set the browser to load via Rosetta then it does work, but it is slow AS HELL!?

can I fix this!?