HP mini 311-1000nr iAktosv7 nVidia ION kext help

spektrumcreations

1 post in this topic

Okay, so here's the deal. I'm installing iAKTOS v7 (10.5.7) on my new HP mini 311-1000nr laptop that has been upgraded to 3GB of ram. I've got it working at 1366x768 by using OSX86Tools to add the "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" string after the -f boot flag (note: added as a boot flag, not in the line for the gfx string as I've found on other systems that sometimes is questionable as to whether to use quotes or not).

Anyway, I've got the issue that it's only recognizing 32 mb of video ram. I've searched to find a kext of some kind but have had no success with anything but just going with the vanilla video. However, I found this link, http://www.pcworld.com/article/171956/hand..._3111000nr.html which I found intriguing because it says that the "ION" technology uses a NVIDIA 9400m gpu -- and if I'm not mistaken that's exactly what is used in macbooks, macminis, and imacs right now. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now as to simply allocating more video ram, since I'd guess that's really all that's standing in the way of enabling full QE/CI, as the specs I've read on this model of laptop suggest that it's capable of at least 128mb of video ram, perhaps eve 256mb.

Thanks in advance...