• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

jorwex

jorwex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it possible to do a GUID partition map and have a triple bootable system on a single hard disk? I know you can do tricky things with rEFIt and gptsync, but I'm getting a bit confused because of the 4 partition limit for MBR based HDDs.

For instance, for a setup with Linux and Windows, you'd have 5 partitions with this setup potentially...
1. EFI Partition
2. OSX
3. Windows
4. Linux Swap
5. Linux

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it and determining the what order to install each one, when to use gptsync, etc.. I don't mind what bootloader is used in the end (Windows', Chameleon, GRUB, etc..).

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find a post that catered to this particular situation in my searches. I know this is very possible with a second HDD...just by making it GUID and slapping OSX on that disk.

Is it possible to do a GUID partition map and have a triple bootable system on a single hard disk? I know you can do tricky things with rEFIt and gptsync, but I'm getting a bit confused because of the 4 partition limit for MBR based HDDs.

For instance, for a setup with Linux and Windows, you'd have 5 partitions with this setup potentially...
1. EFI Partition
2. OSX
3. Windows
4. Linux Swap
5. Linux

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it and determining the what order to install each one, when to use gptsync, etc.. I don't mind what bootloader is used in the end (Windows', Chameleon, GRUB, etc..).

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find a post that catered to this particular situation in my searches. I know this is very possible with a second HDD...just by making it GUID and slapping OSX on that disk.

Very sorry...meant to post this in the Multi Booting and Virtualisation forum! My apologies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy