10.4.7 not good enough says Apple

mifki

11 posts in this topic

Well i was reading around (actually quixos told me) taht PApple is gping to release a new 10.4.7 updater. Read Below

It appears that Apple will soon release a revised version of the Mac OS X 10.4.7 updater for Intel-based Macs due to the omission of some files related to OpenGL performance.

A posting to the company's Security-Announce mailing list forwarded by MacFixIt reader Mike Nowak says:

"Only the package that upgrades a Mac OS X v10.4.6 (Intel) system to Mac OS X v10.4.7 (Intel) is being changed. All other Mac OS X v10.4.7 install packages remain unchanged.

"The change being made to the install package does not affect the security fixes provided in the package."

"The new package is named: MacOSXUpd10.4.7Intel.dmg"

It is not clear whether or not Apple will make an announcement when the file -- available through Software Update and as a standalone download -- is available.

To be safe, you can download the Mac OS X 10.4.7 for Intel combo updater, which apparently had the files that are missing in the delta (smaller) update all along.

http://www.macfixit.com/index.php

Well it looks like we need anew combo package :sigh:

That reminds me. When I was in the Apple Store today, all of the Macs were still running 10.4.6. That explains why they weren't updated.

EDIT: I just re-updated my MacBook. OpenGL is back to normal.

Which file has been changed ? it's hard to tell due to the total braindead filesystem structure and the lack of any decent filemanager . i wonder who idiot decided to bury system files in a 9+ level dir and i wonder what kind of brain disease was affecting the poor sucker , his manager and the idiot who approved it