10.6 retail - blank white screen during install.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

DougHogue

DougHogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

How about chaning pnp os ti yes?

I installed SL for my friend on his Toshiba P200 (Core Duo T2450, gma950, 160gb sata, Samsung ide dvd drive).

I can't change many options. PNP is not an option. Garbage Pheonix Bios. I don't see get it. I would think there isn't much diference in the bios from the p105 to the p200 unless the p200 is AMI. I think that I'm getting a kernel panic. With the Empire EFI, it goes through and loads drivers and such. Not so with D620 loader. A little dvd drive activity and then to the Apple logo and the shut down message. I'm still trying to a compatible loader...

DougHogue

DougHogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

And another thing, just before you boot from the retail disk (after you've pressed F5) type -v and at the bottom of the screen you should see " Boot: -v" or something like that, then press enter to load the disk... That makes it run in diagnostics mode, then either write down or take a pic of where it crashes.

Liam

Liam,

Here are the Errors:

kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - library kext com.Apple.IOKit.IODrvSupport Not Found.
Can't Load kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - Failed to resolve library dependencies.
kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - Failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - Failed to load (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "INTEL915".

I think this is the problem. Do you or does anyone else have any ideas?

Doug

L14M333

L14M333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Liam,

Here are the Errors:

kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - library kext com.Apple.IOKit.IODrvSupport Not Found.
Can't Load kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - Failed to resolve library dependencies.
kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - Failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Failed to load kext com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelGMA950 - Failed to load (error 0xdc00800e).
Couldn't alloc class "INTEL915".

I think this is the problem. Do you or does anyone else have any ideas?

Doug

Doug,
are you using empire efi to boot? If so download the iso in an older post of mine on page one and burn that to disk and boot from it like you would with empire efi if you are using that disk then it must be your bios. I'm sorry I can't do much from here (on my phone) will have a look into it for you tomorrow after school if you post you laptop specs.

Oh also try -f or -x or -f -x boot flags as well they may do it
Liam

DougHogue

DougHogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Doug,
are you using empire efi to boot? If so download the iso in an older post of mine on page one and burn that to disk and boot from it like you would with empire efi if you are using that disk then it must be your bios. I'm sorry I can't do much from here (on my phone) will have a look into it for you tomorrow after school if you post you laptop specs.

Oh also try -f or -x or -f -x boot flags as well they may do it
Liam

Liam,
I started the install in safe mode (-x) with the D620 loader and it started the install. Have about 28 minutes to go. Don't know if I'll have sound, wifi or much of anything because of the safe mode start. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Doug

DougHogue

DougHogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Notebook specs.
Toshiba Satellite P105 S6024
Graphics adapter: Intel GMA 950
100gig SATA HDD
Optical: IDE CD/DVD RAM DL Multi Write
CPU: Intel Core Duo T2050 @ 1.6gig
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
Ram 2048 667mhz DC

Starting in safe mode (-x) has disabled wifi, ethernet and sound but Snow Leopard did install. Of course half the fun is figuring this all out and fixing it. Hahahahaha. I think the biggest problem for me is the INTEL915 class. It's geeting late and I'm going to bed. thanks for all your help. let me know if you find anything.

Doug

audit13

audit13

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Notebook specs.
Toshiba Satellite P105 S6024
Graphics adapter: Intel GMA 950
100gig SATA HDD
Optical: IDE CD/DVD RAM DL Multi Write
CPU: Intel Core Duo T2050 @ 1.6gig
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
Ram 2048 667mhz DC

Starting in safe mode (-x) has disabled wifi, ethernet and sound but Snow Leopard did install. Of course half the fun is figuring this all out and fixing it. Hahahahaha. I think the biggest problem for me is the INTEL915 class. It's geeting late and I'm going to bed. thanks for all your help. let me know if you find anything.

Doug

Crazy question but you downloaded the d620 boot disk for 10.6, right?
Is there a newer bios for your laptop? The p200 also has a Phoenix bios.

DougHogue

DougHogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Yes audit, I downloaded D620SLV1.iso. Also I downloaded the latest bios version about 10 months ago to get audio to work on Linux. Pheonix bios in the notebooks sucks. You have very few options you can change. NOT ACPI. I did get it to load but in safe mode but not much works. Nice operating System. Let me know if you find anything or figure something out.

Doug

vdac

vdac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Try not to install Graphics... after the installation is successful, use Pacifist then open the disc then try to install the graphics..

L14M333

L14M333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Try not to install Graphics... after the installation is successful, use Pacifist then open the disc then try to install the graphics..

He's getting the problem when trying to get to the installer (booting from disk) it was because the EmpireEFI disk did not support the IntelGMA950 Laptop graphics drivers as snow leopard is 64 bit so they have to be installed as 32 bit but the new iso i attached sorts that out

Liam

DougHogue

DougHogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

He's getting the problem when trying to get to the installer (booting from disk) it was because the EmpireEFI disk did not support the IntelGMA950 Laptop graphics drivers as snow leopard is 64 bit so they have to be installed as 32 bit but the new iso i attached sorts that out

Liam

Liam,

What attachment? I'm still having the graphics issue and have to boot up in safe mode.

Doug

L14M333

L14M333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Liam,

What attachment? I'm still having the graphics issue and have to boot up in safe mode.

Doug

Doug.. The Dell boot cd: http://www.mediafire...php?j50eznjjyyz

and also i went out and got an iMac :) so i probably wont be here no more.

Liam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy