10.6 retail - blank white screen during install.

DougHogue

31 posts in this topic

Notebook specs.

Toshiba Satellite P105 S6024

Graphics adapter: Intel GMA 950

100gig SATA HDD

Optical: IDE CD/DVD RAM DL Multi Write

CPU: Intel Core Duo T2050 @ 1.6gig

Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset

Ram 2048 667mhz DC

Starting in safe mode (-x) has disabled wifi, ethernet and sound but Snow Leopard did install. Of course half the fun is figuring this all out and fixing it. Hahahahaha. I think the biggest problem for me is the INTEL915 class. It's geeting late and I'm going to bed. thanks for all your help. let me know if you find anything.

Doug

Crazy question but you downloaded the d620 boot disk for 10.6, right?

Is there a newer bios for your laptop? The p200 also has a Phoenix bios.

Yes audit, I downloaded D620SLV1.iso. Also I downloaded the latest bios version about 10 months ago to get audio to work on Linux. Pheonix bios in the notebooks sucks. You have very few options you can change. NOT ACPI. I did get it to load but in safe mode but not much works. Nice operating System. Let me know if you find anything or figure something out.

Doug

Try not to install Graphics... after the installation is successful, use Pacifist then open the disc then try to install the graphics..

He's getting the problem when trying to get to the installer (booting from disk) it was because the EmpireEFI disk did not support the IntelGMA950 Laptop graphics drivers as snow leopard is 64 bit so they have to be installed as 32 bit but the new iso i attached sorts that out

Liam

He's getting the problem when trying to get to the installer (booting from disk) it was because the EmpireEFI disk did not support the IntelGMA950 Laptop graphics drivers as snow leopard is 64 bit so they have to be installed as 32 bit but the new iso i attached sorts that out

Liam

Liam,

What attachment? I'm still having the graphics issue and have to boot up in safe mode.

Doug