CPU Has been disabled by the guest operating system.

12 posts in this topic

Hello Im using vmware workstation 7 on windows 7 RC1

Im "getting the CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System" Error

I have attached, my VMX , and Vmware latest log, ad the CPUZ report. please tell me what i have done wrong.

im using SnowOSX_Universal_10.6(432)GM_v3.5.iso for installation its the retail version

edit:posting this as the earlier post i made was in an invalid thread :S

Configs.rar

This is because you have used something other than a "darwin" parameter in the VMX file for the guestos setting.

Hi

Ok that helped me a bit and i got a little further. But unfortunately im getting a new error.

Something with Voodoo Kernel Panic ....

Please see attached screenshot ..

post-556895-1263670947_thumb.jpg

Hi

Ok that helped me a bit and i got a little further. But unfortunately im getting a new error.

Something with Voodoo Kernel Panic ....

Please see attached screenshot ..

Sorry I only work with retail vanilla versions of Leopard and Snow Leopard. However my guess is that you need to pass the correct FSB and CPU frequencies when booting. Check the Voodoo manual.

Sorry I only work with retail vanilla versions of Leopard and Snow Leopard. However my guess is that you need to pass the correct FSB and CPU frequencies when booting. Check the Voodoo manual.

ok now you lost me. What is FSB and how do i corect my CPU frequency. Should that be done in the VMX file?

ok now you lost me. What is FSB and how do i corect my CPU frequency. Should that be done in the VMX file?

No it is a Voodoo kernel parameter setting. Check the Voodoo web pages for details.

this error that can be easily solved editing the .vmx file with notepad. open the .vmx file with notepad and then add or edit these if they are there change the values to these :

guestOS = "darwin-64"

ich7m.present = "TRUE"

smc.present = "FALSE"

keyboard.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

mouse.vusb.enable = "TRUE"

monitor.virtual_exec = "hardware"

monitor.virtual_mmu = "software"

specially the guestos should be changed from freebsd to darwin and use the point the cd/dvd drive to vodoo.iso and restart the vmware and also most important is that the value of smc.present should be FALSE and if the other lines are not there add them

Donk,

I tried with a DVD from a friend, as my Mac Purchased dvd will take some time to deliver to the country i live. and still i get the same error. now i get the error and some other error in a screen with grey apple logo. its giving warning about appleps2 controller or something.

any idea why its still happening im using INtel core 2 quad q6600 :(

Donk,

I tried with a DVD from a friend, as my Mac Purchased dvd will take some time to deliver to the country i live. and still i get the same error. now i get the error and some other error in a screen with grey apple logo. its giving warning about appleps2 controller or something.

any idea why its still happening im using INtel core 2 quad q6600 :(

1. Have you used the guide here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=172474, and please post this information http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1189918.

2. Check that your PC has VT-x enabled by running this program and post the output http://www.grc.com/securable.htm.

3. Is the DVD you have grey in colour? If so that is a recovery DVD and can't be used.

• 1 year later...

This issue occurs because Mac OS X versions earlier than 10.6.4 do not support the i5, i7, Nehalem, or Westmere processors.

You cannot install OS X Server version 10.6.3 or earlier on a physical mac with one of those processors or on a virtual machine running on a Mac with one of those processors.

To work around this issue, use one of these options:

Use an installation disk with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 or later.

Create the virtual machine on a different Mac and run Apple Software Update. After OS X 10.6.4 is installed, move the virtual machine to the Mac with the i5, i7, Nehalem, or Westmere processor.

Add this line to the .vmx to mask the CPU before attempting to install or update. Once the install/update is complete, remove the line from the .vmx.

If you have issues with Snow Leopard, this Change in the .vmx will help it !!!!!!!!!!!!

cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101"

This issue occurs because Mac OS X versions earlier than 10.6.4 do not support the i5, i7, Nehalem, or Westmere processors.

You cannot install OS X Server version 10.6.3 or earlier on a physical mac with one of those processors or on a virtual machine running on a Mac with one of those processors.

To work around this issue, use one of these options:

Use an installation disk with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 or later.

Create the virtual machine on a different Mac and run Apple Software Update. After OS X 10.6.4 is installed, move the virtual machine to the Mac with the i5, i7, Nehalem, or Westmere processor.

Add this line to the .vmx to mask the CPU before attempting to install or update. Once the install/update is complete, remove the line from the .vmx.

If you have issues with Snow Leopard, this Change in the .vmx will help it !!!!!!!!!!!!

cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101"

Why, answer a 20 month old request, we have done this to death in other topics, see link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1622074